Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default The Big O, "I Never Saw Wilt Ask For Help Until he Faced Kareem......

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: The Big O, "I Never Saw Wilt Ask For Help Until he Faced Kareem......

Thats why Wilt will always behind Kareem on my all time list

Right at #11 after Lebron

Default Re: The Big O, "I Never Saw Wilt Ask For Help Until he Faced Kareem......

Signalling the transition from a weak era.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

How old was Wilt and how many surgeries did he have at that point?

[Insert Wilt blocking sky hook twice gif]

cool guy

The people who have Wilt over Kareem in their all-time lists need their brains checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwHP04TWOps

BTW, in almost ALL of the footage that exists between the two...Wilt was defending Kareem one-on-one.

Now...think about this...

In 27 of their 28 career H2H's, Chamberlain was 34+ and playing on a surgically repaired knee.

Too bad we only had ONE H2H in which Wilt was even close to his peak, and he outscored KAJ, 25-23; outrebounded KAJ, 25-20; outassited KAJ, 3-2; outblockd KAJ 3-2 (including a sky-hook): and outshot KAJ from the field by a 9-14 to 9-21 margin.

October 24, 1969
    Chamberlain Edges Lew, Guides Lakers' Victory
    LOS ANGELES (AP)-The individual battle might be termed a draw with each man praising the other, but in the end it was the over-all firepower of the Los Angeles Lakers that beat an inexperienced Milwaukee Buck team.

Lew Alcindor. the million dollar rookie of the Bucks, lost his third game since high school Friday night when Wilt Chamberlain, the greatest scorer in NBA history, led the Lakers to a 123-112 victory. Chamberlain scored 25 points and grabbed 25 rebounds but Alcindor. the 7-foot-1 3/4 rookie, made his presence felt with 23 points and 20 rebounds.
    It was a game of muscle under the boards.

"I thought he was more physical against me than I was against him." Chamberlain said after the game. "He's very strong, very quick and moves very well with the ball. I don't really think he surprised me at all."

"It was more physical than It was in our first three games," Lew said. "It was the first time I've played against Wilt for real and he taught me a few things."

But Lew taught a few things to Wilt, too. [COLOR="DarkRed"]Using his flat hook shot [/COLOR]and leaning toward the basket. Alcindor scored 12 first-half points and Chamberlain, facing a man taller than himself for the first time in a while, had a bit of trouble blocking shots.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]After Wilt finally did block a couple of Lew's attempts[/COLOR], the Buck rookie began
    faking the hook shot. When Wilt went up to block them. Alcindor would
    turn the other way and score an easy layup.

But in the second half. Chamberlain scored 18 points and using a balanced attack, with Elgin Baylor. Jerry West and rookie guard Willie McCarter scoring freely, the Lakers broke the game open in the fourth period.

"I thought Wilt played one of his really fine games," said Larry Costello. the Buck rookie coach. "Our offense let us down tonight because they (the Lakers) were sagging on Lew. Somebody had to be open but we weren't hitting the open man."

Milwaukee held a 60-54 halftime lead, but the Lakers rallied for an 11-point margin in the fourth quarter. When the Bucks closed to 105-102, Elgin Baylor got hot and hit for six straight baskets to put the game out of reach. Baylor's 26 points was high for Los Angeles. Flynn Robinson of Milwaukee led all scorers with 33 points.
    Last edited by LAZERUSS; 02-15-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Other than having one move that is arguably the most unstoppable and effcient of all time, and team accolades. .. I think it's pretty clear that Kareem is outclassed in every other category.
    He's not even the true iron man IMO. Kareem, Shaq, and Wilt are my top 3...with Jordan and a few other centers trailing close

http://youtu.be/MSTt_TxoFVo

Can't think of anyone who could defend Kareem better than prime Wilt and Thurmond
    Last edited by jongib369; 02-15-2015 at 07:04 PM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

"I never saw Wilt ask for help until he played a non 6'6 white center" - Anonymous

Wilt himself has also said this. Coming off the knee surgery in his mid-30s he did not have the agility to stay with a younger KAJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNw0c19DhIU&t=26m45s

This from a MILWAUKEE newspaper...

[QUOTE][B]Kareem

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    Wilt himself has also said this. Coming off the knee surgery in his mid-30s he did not have the agility to stay with a younger KAJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNw0c19DhIU&t=26m45s
    Yep! Kareem was 7'2, very agile, and very skilled. Something the league had NEVER seen before. Wilt at that stage I'm sure needed help. No shame at all! Just like Wilt before him, Kareem was a juggenaut who redefined the center position.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Yep! Kareem was 7'2, very agile, and very skilled. Something the league had NEVER seen before. Wilt at that stage I'm sure needed help. No shame at all! Just like Wilt before him, Kareem was a juggenaut who redefined the center position.
    Again, virtually every account and all of the footage that exists had Chamberlain playing Kareem straight up.

And just in the known three games of their six game series in the '72 WCF's, Wilt blocked 13 of Kareem's shots. And in the six of their 28 career H2H's, Chamberlain blocked 27 of Kareem's shots. We also know that he blocked at least two of his skyhooks in their very first H2H, and there is another known game in which Wilt recorded "numerous" blocked shots.

Wilt himself has said this for years

When did you hear big O say it though, did he just say it on tv or something? I love quotes like these I use them for my mixes so let me know if you've got a source

Banned

Wilt is such a scrub lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ariza4three
    Wilt is such a scrub lol
    Kareem thinks he's the greatest ever but what does he know you're right he was a scrub.