Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Lack Of Development

Of course we've been without our starting PG but these young guys don't seem to be getting better. I just saw this stat today....

[QUOTE]Mika Honkasalo: I wonder at what point does Drummond lack of development become concerning? Pistons are currently 8.7 points better without him.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Lack Of Development

Lol, KCP has doubled his assists and is shooting 38% from 3 with his usual stellar D. WHat the hell do you want from the man???

Johnson sucks though and Drummond is a concern. I think Reggie is a factor, as Drummond and him pick and roll well together. I know Johnson is trying to change his shot mechanics and that can take some time to show results on the court. Offensively, its mental with him as much as physical right now. His D numbers are strong at least.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

We are 3-1 in our last 4 including a huge win over the Clips who some predict to challenge for a title, and 2 AWAY wins over Charlotte and Boston, both are top 4 seed hopefuls.

But it is a long season and so far we have been disgustingly inconsistent.

KCP is sneakily having a really good year, he has changed his role on O and is noticeably more comfortable and controlled with the ball in his hands and off the dribble. And yes shooting 38% from deep is elite, and so is his D.

And with Stanley, I still have hope that he will get better as the season goes on. But it is starting to sting a little that both Booker and Turner were on the board when we drafted Stanley...... Eeek,

It is hard to judge this team and the development of players without seeing our floor general out there. Games 25 - 50 should tell us a lot

So our last 3 games have been Road Wins against potential top 4 East seeds

Hornets by 23
    Celtics by 7
    Hawks by 36

So a 3 game road winning streak against potential top 4 East seeds with an average winning margin of 22 points.

And we get Reggie back sometime in the next week - things are looking up

Decent college freshman

Hit a bump with Orlando, but Chicago was a nice win

NBA lottery pick

I guess if there's one year we're mediocre this one would be the one to do it. There's a ton of PG's projected to be taken in the lottery of this draft. That's one position we don't really need to draft for. Although a few of those SF's would be nice since Stanley Johnson is looking not so great so far. The SG class seems awfully week so far so we better hope KCP doesn't walk.

So Stanley has played an average of like 3 minutes per game over the past 6 games - apparently his work ethic is inconsistent, according to comments made by SVG. Then Stanley comes out and says that his work ethic is fine....

Cracks starting to show - he doesn't look invested. Makes me think perhaps Winslow would have been the better pick here, as his work ethic is known to be elite....

NBA lottery pick

We all had high hopes for him last year. Now he's starting to look like a bust on our roster. It would really suck if he ended up somewhere else, had a chance, and just exploded though. I feel like SVG isn't good at developing young talent. He's the type of guy that likes people with a little more experience. At least a few seasons worth. He's talked about rookies in general before and said how it takes them at the minimum 3-4 seasons before they even know how to play defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    So Stanley has played an average of like 3 minutes per game over the past 6 games - apparently his work ethic is inconsistent, according to comments made by SVG. Then Stanley comes out and says that his work ethic is fine....

Cracks starting to show - he doesn't look invested. Makes me think perhaps Winslow would have been the better pick here, as his work ethic is known to be elite....
    Yea, things aren't looking good for this kid. So much promise during Summer League and now we are reminded that Summer League is just that, an amateur league during the summer.

We still got a little bit of time before the trade deadline to see what we can do to mix things up.

NBA lottery pick

He's already in the trade rumors now. I'd hate to give him up for nothing to another team and see his game blow up.

I'd hate to see him go away for nothing, too. But, due to KCPs injury, he was just called up from the D-LEAGUE!

This is how much promise this kid is not showing. High draft pick to the D-League after a full season in the L.

All the interviews I saw of him, he looked like such a good kid with a square head on his shoulders. I don't know so much about that anymore.

NBA lottery pick

Here's the latest

Sources have told CSNChicago.com the Pistons have resisted overtures for [Stanley] Johnson but with the recent developments, expect executives for rival teams to be more aggressive. No one can deny what Johnson can physically bring to the table and if teams view him as an undervalued commodity by the Pistons, things can get interesting with the trade season kicking off December 15. CSN Philly

Decent college freshman

Stanley is shooting better from 3 this year than Booker and his D rates extremely well

NBA lottery pick

28 three pointers attempted vs 127. Not to mention teams put more of a focus on guarding Booker out there because they know he can shoot and is a go to scorer. I think at this point we would all take Booker.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    28 three pointers attempted vs 127. Not to mention teams put more of a focus on guarding Booker out there because they know he can shoot and is a go to scorer. I think at this point we would all take Booker.
    I mostly just thought it was funny. Booker isn't really playing well at all though. He does very little other than shoot and right now he's not shooting. I'm sure he will, but he looks more Jodie Meeks than Klay Thompson right now.