Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default It is weird that people do not limit the foods they eat.

Most people just eat whatever tastes good to them. Flavor should not be the guideline by which you choose your food. It seems insane to live your life that way, to me.

Sometimes I want oreos.. I do not eat them. Sometimes I want soda.. I do not drink it. It is an active choice to limit myself from certain foods.

I am not saying everyone should be a nutrition nut. But it is okay to tell your body No every now and then.

Default Re: It is weird that people do not limit the foods they eat.

It's fine to eat whatever you want (look up iifym.com), but in between eating, stop f[color=black]u[/color]cking eating.

Quote Originally Posted by DwnShft2Xcelr8
    It's fine to eat whatever you want (look up iifym.com), but in between eating, stop f[color=black]u[/color]cking eating.
    I think I seen you in other threads arguing this point. You are very passionate about it so I dont want to argue. I do disagree however. Eating oreos and drinking soda all the time, even if you are not overweight, is not good for the rest of your body. Vitamins, nutrients, all of those things are being missed. Not to mention the damage caused by excess sugar, the damage to your teeth. The effects it has on your brain.

Speaking like a true fata*s.

They do.

Currently on a fast.

F.ck this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    I think I seen you in other threads arguing this point. You are very passionate about it so I dont want to argue. I do disagree however. Eating oreos and drinking soda all the time, even if you are not overweight, is not good for the rest of your body. Vitamins, nutrients, all of those things are being missed. Not to mention the damage caused by excess sugar, the damage to your teeth. The effects it has on your brain.
    No, no, I'm not saying it's okay to eat Oreo's and drink soda all day. What I'm saying is if you want to eat some Oreo's here and there, just make sure they fit into your daily caloric intake + macros (proteins, carbs, fats).
    Obviously it's healthier and smarter to eat clean, but eating dirty from time to time isn't completely detrimental to one's health, unless they're already obese.

No, no, I'm not saying it's okay to eat Oreo's and drink soda all day. What I'm saying is if you want to eat some Oreo's here and there, just make sure they fit into your daily caloric intake + macros (proteins, carbs, fats).
    Obviously it's healthier and smarter to eat clean, but eating dirty from time to time isn't completely detrimental to one's health, unless they're already obese.
    No sh*t sherlock, tell us something knew. That's not what the OP is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    No sh*t sherlock, tell us something knew. That's not what the OP is talking about.

No shit, Sherlock, but I'm just putting If It Fits Your Macros out there.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Most people just eat whatever tastes good to them. Flavor should not be the guideline by which you choose your food. It seems insane to live your life that way, to me.

Sometimes I want oreos.. I do not eat them. Sometimes I want soda.. I do not drink it. It is an active choice to limit myself from certain foods.

I am not saying everyone should be a nutrition nut. But it is okay to tell your body No every now and then.
    I have a hard restrain on myself. I hate to admit that I often crave oreos after a hard workout especially if I don't have class until the afternoon the next day. I usually buy 5-10 oreos from 7-11 and milk and consume them while I watch a movie or some TV shows on netflix. Or if I want to go drinking right after playing basketball (this happened so often during my sophomore year in college).

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Very true and these sweets shouldn't probably be consumed at all. For example a coke I think has something around 40g of sugar per can which is insane. I think 2 oreos(which is the recommend serving size) has something like 200 calories with 20g of sugar and no one is just stopping at 2 cookies.. Lets be real we eat atleast 1/4 of the pack.

But there's many different reasons. First, it's very cheap to buy or cheaper compared to healthier foods. Second, these foods are very addicting and are composed like that on purpose.. Third, the companies have huge advertising budgets. A company like Coca-cola is more than just a drink, it's a brand that's everywhere. It's commercials show people having a great time and smiling while drinking coke.

That and people are dumb as ****.

No shit, Sherlock, but I'm just putting If It Fits Your Macros out there.
    He said it is sickening people are eating whatever they want to eat and here your dumba*s changes the premise to try to fit in your stupid a*s bullsh*t .. "Oh it's ok if they don't eat a lot of it." Well they are eating a lot of it and that's pretty much the root of the discussion.

Anyways, this goes back to the other thread and I still think you owe supermanonsteroids an apology for being such a f*ckin idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    He said it is sickening people are eating whatever they want to eat and here your dumba*s changes the premise to try to fit in your stupid a*s bullsh*t .. "Oh it's ok if they don't eat a lot of it." Well they are eating a lot of it and that's pretty much the root of the discussion.

Anyways, this goes back to the other thread and I still think you owe supermanonsteroids an apology for being such a f*ckin idiot.

I don't even know what you're talking about. This is how you know you need to log off the internet sometimes, dude. You're probably mad about a post I made that I've already forgotten about, and because you stay online and check every thread, you expect me to still know what you're referring to.
    Link me-- because we all know you've saved the link to the post-- so I can know what this shit is.

Man, it's no wonder you're still all red bars, even after Jeff took away the negs.

[/b]

I don't even know what you're talking about. This is how you know you need to log off the internet sometimes, dude. You're probably mad about a post I made that I've already forgotten about, and because you stay online and check every thread, you expect me to still know what you're referring to.
    Link me-- because we all know you've saved the link to the post-- so I can know what this shit is.

Man, it's no wonder you're still all red bars, even after Jeff took away the negs.
    You know what I'm talking about. It's easy to forget something when you obviously were made into a fool. In the thread I asked for the most sound advice regarding losing weight, but your dumba*s kept harping about the same bullsh*t that is pretty much responsible for the weight epidemic today.

I agree with your conclusion in the end it is calorie in/out, but that's only half of everything that goes into diet and nutrition. Sugar has next to zero calories but it is as detrimental to weight gain as trans fat, so to say you can eat whatever you want to eat but to watch your calories is just plain out misguided information.

What's insane to me is the food that's actually out there now.

There's candy corn Oreos.

Actually Oreos are releasing all types of ridiculous flavors.

And you know what? People are eating that shit up.

Obesity problems are real in the US man.

I'm 33 now and I've kept my weight hovering around 168-170 for the longest. I know if I step on a scale and I start to go over that then it's time to restrict myself.