Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How violent are your day-to-day thoughts?

It’s possible you have OCD. Read up on the intrusive thoughts aspect of OCD.

I have OCD and I have had such thoughts for a very long time. They horrify me and such thoughts are against everything I stand for, but they will arise nonetheless.

non violent thots

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Example: I am visiting my brother's family right now. He has three kids whom I love very dearly. Youngest is an 8yo girl. Impossibly cute. I look at her tiny, fragile body, and think of how easily it could be crushed, ripped to shreds, etc. I imagine smashing her head in with a baseball bat... this image in my mind immediately triggers a profound anguish, as one would feel if they saw such things done to one they love, and in that single moment I feel such overwhelming love and desire to protect her from all such bodily harm. Then I pick her up, tell her that I love her, and kiss her on the forehead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    Eh, I guess with some actual introspection and hearing that... I have something similar I guess... I look at people and know that I *could* kill them and their entire family with my bare hands and they couldn't do anything about it... but it never goes further than that. I put it out of my head. It doesn't linger.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Not violent per se, but I'd love it if some people would never cross my road again.

Wouldn't kill someone and wouldn't want others to kill that person, but for example wednesday at the check out there was this woman who made everyone in line wait for like 5 minutes over 1 euro. **** people like that.
    A euro is a euro, if its her, she's entitled to it..

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

[QUOTE=RRR3]It

I only get violent thought when someone makes me mad

And by violent I mean ****ing smashing their skulls repeatedly, pushing my fingers up their ****ing eye holes and biting their ****ing nose

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

A euro is a euro, if its her, she's entitled to it..
    She took 2 packs of spinach, which were "buy 2 get one free", but she took different brands. Cashier told her if she takes the same brand she'll get the offer. Cashier gets the other brand, but that woman didn't have a customer card. Cashier leaves again to get the spinach into the freezer, because she didn't want it for that extra euro.

Don't tell me such people don't annoy you. Especially at lunch break.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    I only get violent thought when someone makes me mad

And by violent I mean ****ing smashing their skulls repeatedly, pushing my fingers up their ****ing eye holes and biting their ****ing nose
    ya! and then skull ****ing them!

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    She took 2 packs of spinach, which were "buy 2 get one free", but she took different brands. Cashier told her if she takes the same brand she'll get the offer. Cashier gets the other brand, but that woman didn't have a customer card. Cashier leaves again to get the spinach into the freezer, because she didn't want it for that extra euro.

Don't tell me such people don't annoy you. Especially at lunch break.
    i dunno, maybe in the moment, but id let go of it after cause i dont like looking down on people really.

but why would she take 2 packs, shouldnt it be 3 since the 3rd is for free? or would the free one be given to her?

cause otherwise its just like buy a spinach and get another for free lol

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    i dunno, maybe in the moment, but id let go of it after cause i dont like looking down on people really.

but why would she take 2 packs, shouldnt it be 3 since the 3rd is for free? or would the free one be given to her?

cause otherwise its just like buy a spinach and get another for free lol
    Ofc I let go after a few moments, but in general situations like that make me hate people. Not because she did it on purpose, but she basically puts stress on people wasting their time who have to get back to work soon. Just pay the fn euro. It's not like it's wasted.

And yeah, should've said buy one get one for free. "1+1 gratis" for us I guess.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Edgy.

Why do you fear confrontation in real life?

An ass beating is no big deal.

Stubbing your toe hurts worse.

Living the rest of your life in fear would be misery.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Edgy.

Why do you fear confrontation in real life?

An ass beating is no big deal.

Stubbing your toe hurts worse.

Living the rest of your life in fear would be misery.
    Idiot

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

OP is obnoxious. You put too much stock in your self worth. Nobody cares about you, bro. Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    OP is obnoxious. You put too much stock in your self worth. Nobody cares about you, bro. Get over yourself.
    What are you talking about? I asked a question. It wasn't even about me - BS25 made it that way. If you don't care then don't post in the thread.

5-time NBA All-Star

Very few violent thoughts---but a lot of negative ones. I can definitely improve on being more optimistic.

I got to clean my heart.

Got to spend some more time in the outdoors and just look at all the wonder around me.
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 04-22-2019 at 11:35 PM.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    No you don't frighten me at all. You disturb me. You've expressed views which I thought were nihilistic. That's all.

Maybe I am... but I don't think so. I have a lot of violent thoughts, but not really violent urges. I imagine very intense brutality all the time... whether it's me doing something violent, seeing someone else do something violent, or someone else doing something violent to me. It isn't that I want these thjngs to happen... not at all. It's just my imagination, and it's extremely vivid.

I have imagined killing just about every person I have ever met. That doesn't mean I have ever wanted to do it.
    Do you actively use your imagination to do so---or does it just--- come to you?

If so, got to treat the mind like a battlefield and repel the evil with positive things.