Learning to shoot layups

Default Ban the Blazer Dancers!!!!

Over at Blazers Edge the author of this blog put up a fanpost suggesting the Blazer Dancers should be disbanded because they are too sexist, and that she finds them too degrading. Here is a quote from her blog. This stirred up quite a hornets nest over there....over 220 comments so far. A surprisingly high number of guys agreed with her. One married guy even commented he felt guilty about being aroused by the dancers.

What do you guys think?

[quote]The Blazer Dancers Must Go

I am an avid basketball fan. My favorite team is the Portland Trail Blazers. I have been going to the Memorial Coliseum and Rose Garden since probably before I was even born (cheering in the uterus.. ). One thing I have noticed in the past couple of years, is the disturbingly stripper-like routines and outfits the Blazer "Dancers" wear. Now, I know a lot of these girls have been dancing since children but this isn't an art. They are strutting around, flashing their *** and shaking their ***. The costumes include booty shorts and bras, ref-dresses, and the shiny boots you see above.
    As the popularity of the Blazers continues to rise with the team's ascension to greatness once again, so does the fan base become more diverse. The Rose Garden is no longer filled with middle aged men and blog nerds; but young kids, girls, boys, women, men, couples, singles, beer enthusiasts, basketball fans, and crowd loving bandwagoners. It's wonderful. So what exactly is the message these "dancers" portray? It's not a good one

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Ban the Blazer Dancers!!!!

Just so we don't get anyone posting about how this thread is worthless without pictures....here are a few I found.

Saw a basketball once

Glad you are spreading the love around on my post, but how come you are posting this topic in every forum? This horse has definitely been beaten enough and the last thing we need is that femi-nazi that started all of this to get anymore publicity.

ISH Jump Crew

I bet the chick with these feelings is over 300 pounds, and has never had a man glance at them. First of all, no ones is trying to prove their sexuality by watching the dancers. I'm pretty sure almost every Blazer fan will admit they have a man-crush on B-Roy or some other.

Its entertainment, these women want to do this. If you give them the option, stay out here and dance, or go find a job at a gas station. I'm sure they'll take dancing, and not because its easier, but because they want to.

Decent playground baller tedloc's Avatar

go blazers
    and go blazer dancers

these girls are f'n hot and there is nothing wrong with that

their jobs are to entertain. and they do it well.

get over it

anyone who doesn't like it can go watch soccer or baseball

Grammar Nazi

I agree with the said blogger.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kumo
    Its entertainment, these women want to do this. If you give them the option, stay out here and dance, or go find a job at a gas station. I'm sure they'll take dancing, and not because its easier, but because they want to.
    Thats closer to the way I view it. They are out there because they want to be. Though, I think the dancers themselves should have some say in what they wear. If they want to dress like they currently are, go for it. But if they would prefer to dance and be covered more, that would be equally fine with me.

ISH Jump Crew

Quote Originally Posted by LaydVik05
    I agree with the said blogger.
    Explain? This is a discussion

You can tell that post was written by a feminist. I want to look at hot woman during a time out. It's like a commercial. Woman should flaunt their bodies if it looks good, I like it.

They're not hurting anyone. It's like people who say don't cuss. Grow up, they are just words. The general public in america is afraid of sexuality. In Mexico it's nothing. They have nudity on television, and you can talk openly about sex and things of the sort.

I hate this politically correct BS. By the way that first Blazers dancer is so hot. I have a pic of her on my phone. Screw off if you don't like it. You're gay or jealous if it bothers you.