Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Worst contract in the league: Goran Dragic

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Last season Bosh was out half the season and Wade missed those 20+ games. I don't know the specific number, but I can't imagine there were very many games where all three played together. (if any...I can't really remember when Bosh went down compared to Dragic coming over) They are going to be the guys who are going to get the most shots on this team when they are on the floor. Whiteside also was pretty much an after thought in how the team played since he came out of nowhere.
    Bosh went down before the Dragic trade. They never played together until this year. The whole Heat starting 5 never played together before this season, and they didn't really even get preseason since I think somebody was injured or otherwise out for some reason.

It seems like this year there's always at least one player per game that is just outright sucking...Spo should ride the hot hand. Against the Knicks the offense at one point was to keep going to Bosh even though clearly nothing was coming from it. And the Knicks almost cut it to within 10 . That was clearly Wade's night; he's had his share of shitty nights as well so far. There's no need to force things if it comes at the cost of less chances of winning the game.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    Bosh went down before the Dragic trade. They never played together until this year. The whole Heat starting 5 never played together before this season, and they didn't really even get preseason since I think somebody was injured or otherwise out for some reason.

It seems like this year there's always at least one player per game that is just outright sucking...Spo should ride the hot hand. Against the Knicks the offense at one point was to keep going to Bosh even though clearly nothing was coming from it. And the Knicks almost cut it to within 10 . That was clearly Wade's night; he's had his share of shitty nights as well so far. There's no need to force things if it comes at the cost of less chances of winning the game.
    Yeah I thought Bosh did, but I couldn't remember Spo's line ups have always been idiotic. Dragic might actually be effective if Spo actually played him with Winslow and Green...young athletic guys who want to get out in the open, but the genius likes sitting Wade and Dragic at the same time for some reason. Bosh can play either style at this point, so he's good with any line up, but you should want to have whiteside and Wade out there at the same time as they have good chemistry and are better suited for a half court style. And yeah...I'ts annoying how Spo will let leads dwindle away before he brings back in the starters and will take a guy out who has the hot hand like Wade did in that 3rd quarter. He didn't get that rhythm back in the 4th and so the team had to work a lot harder in that last quarter than it should have had to.

He should try bringing Dragic off the bench for Wade initially and starting Tyler Johnson along with Wade.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 11-25-2015 at 06:37 AM.

Bosh seems to be a bit off as well.........lung problem from last year still bothering him ? nah, you would think that is in the past.........but maybe he is worried about going all out, pressing his body to the limit ? ......only he knows !

hope bosh and dragic returns to previous form

Oh man, that's sad to hear...
    He was AMAZING when he got 3rd team all-NBA
    although I'm glad he's not our problem anymore.

I think this is an overreaction: he's been missing a lot of open shots, and is a much better shooter for his career than he is showing. Once that starts to fall, and he gets some confidence and rhythm, i expect things to pick up.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

JJ Barea: 4 year 16 million is pretty horrible.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    JJ Barea: 4 year 16 million is pretty horrible.
    For the 2nd time...LOL

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Where is Corleone and his Dragic love?

Dude was always overrated and had one good season. Never understood the contract, and it's going to look awful when he is on the bench in 2 years.

Yea, that contract is starting to look worse and worse. Even if he could start to produce and play better he's still just not that great of a player. Didn't like the contract when he was signed and now he has regressed like crazy. It looks like he's aged 5 years. The Heat would be much better of without of him and his contract

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Is there anyone that is close right now? Not talking about guys like Arenas and that. I'm talking guys who got paid the last season or two and have just gone bust.

Dude was outplayed by Chalmers before he was traded, and now TJ is outplaying him comfortably every game.

90 mil over 5 years... Could have got Isiaah Thomas instead while picking up another good defensive big to fill in when Whiteside goes to sit down...

Instead, we got 11/4 on 43% shooting... 90 mil...

that's lebrons fault..

For fantasy reasons, Dragic is my least favourite player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    Where is Corleone and his Dragic love?

Dude was always overrated and had one good season. Never understood the contract, and it's going to look awful when he is on the bench in 2 years.
    yeah, where is that negro now ??

its lebrons fault right?

Remember back when nikkas was saying he was better than Bledsoe

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    He's been injured and is working his way back into health while adjusting his style of play to fit the team's needs. His last two games he put up solid numbers.

He'll probably be putting up 15-6-5 by midseason on 50% FG and solid defense, which was around his splits last season.

no,no,no,no and hell no.

He has been the 4th, sometimes 5th option on offense, we brought him in for his fast pace tempo and finishing around the rim, which he can't hit an open layup this season.
    His assists won't go up, he's our PG and hes a much worse play maker than Wade who plays shooting guard. We have capable rebounders so he won't average 5 a game either.
    He can't hit open layups to save his life, and his outside shot stinks, he won't reach 50% anymore.
    He's an average defender at best.

He got paid, now he's useless.