Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-04-2008, 03:17 AM   #136
Laker4Lyfe
R.I.P Bootsie

Default Re: Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmtheshank
I wish I could freaking play it online for the ps3, but I'm still having tons of problems. I tried Turf Wars and a couple races for the 360 version at a friend's house, and now I'm regretting getting a ps3. Pretty ironic that I bought a ps3 to avoid hardware issues(or atleast it had a part in me buying a ps3 instead of 360), and then this problem comes up.

I guess the single player is good enough though. I've played the game for a good 7-8 hours, and I've only completed 12%.

Really??? I've been playing "Cops N Crooks" online with no problem on PS3. I haven't tried anything else though. I'll try "Turf Wars" and see if it works and let you know.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:19 AM   #137
Laker4Lyfe
R.I.P Bootsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
SPOIL highlight below

What would happen if you dont kill Vlad? Just let him live or you gotta off him?

I just offed him GOBB. I don't think you have an option, but I'm not sure got it over with quick.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #138
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Team Deathmatch, lets get heads together!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #139
Laker4Lyfe
R.I.P Bootsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
anyone wanna get a gang together for some online play?

I have a couple friends and a couple guys from work. A couple more for an 8 man gang would be DANDY.

I have PS3 or I would join.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #140
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Little Jacob is the man. If anyone has did the warehouse mission where you have to try to kill Dimitri when you find out he's a snitch would know?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #141
23airjordan23
Nash 4 MVP

So on a scale of 1 to 10 what is gta iv
23airjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #142
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

In my first 7 hours, I'd give it a 9. I think San Andreas was more fun early on, now the lead character is by far my favorite...but there are a lot of things omitted from the game that I enjoyed from the previous title.

By the end of it, I'd probably give it a 10 and will probably surpass San Andreas.
The graphics, the story looks flawless...when I roam around the city for some reason I don't have as many things to do, but I'm sure it'll pick up as the story progresses.

The cell phone was a genius idea though.
~LA's fine$t~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #143
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Just got the game today and I'm pretty bored so far. The early missions seem absolutely boring and only seem to open the game up for more action/missions/work later on in the game.

I agree with LA's Finest, that San Andreas was more fun earlier in the game. So far, it feels like all of I've done is pick up people who Roman knows. The most action I've had so far was one of the Jamaican guy's missions where I have to shoot 2 guys, and that's about it.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #144
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Just got the game today and I'm pretty bored so far. The early missions seem absolutely boring and only seem to open the game up for more action/missions/work later on in the game.

I agree with LA's Finest, that San Andreas was more fun earlier in the game. So far, it feels like all of I've done is pick up people who Roman knows. The most action I've had so far was one of the Jamaican guy's missions where I have to shoot 2 guys, and that's about it.

The begginning missions are basically teaching you the new controls for the game. How to aim, throw, various places and so forth. How to even use cabs instead of driving for days...hop in and go to your destinations. It is slow early on, but trust me when I tell you. That is for your own benefit. So practice and learn how to control the game because you will be OVERWHELMED with missions, side missions, lil bs tasks/jobs, having to keep up with the internet because you get emails that you need to check/reply too (which also opens up other things) and hanging out with friends. Little Jacob you can bowl, play darts, drink, eat, pool or do a job for him. Thats just 1 friend.

You're gonna be getting text msgs out the ass and might forget to read and/or respond to them. You're gonna be at a point where you simple will feel swamped with stuff to do and you wont know how to manage your time and please everyone or who to please, who to neglect etc etc.

There are missions where at the begginning of the game if you dont practice/pay attention to the controls? You're gonna be attempting it a lot. Something simple as riding a bike and how to control it while trying to shoot moving targets. Only the moving targets are weaving in and out of traffic making cars/buses, trucks ahead of you swerve in your path. You run into them? You're flying off the bike...and if you're health is down? You could die from flying off your bike or getting hit by a speeding SUV. And if you dont die (like i said it depends on ur health say u were in a previous mission getting lit up and didnt replenish ur health) the guy gets away and u start ur mission over. When u start it over u get a text to restart and sometimes you'll get an incoming phone call from someone wanting to hang, ur girlfriend wanting to go out or another mission.

It starts off slow/kinda boring, but believe me it will pick up. San Andreas was great but you were never overwhelemed with so much to do like GTA4. You had a chance to relax/breathe and just BS around the city which was fun. Also you'll be getting into those missions where u have to make a choice. Apart of that alternative ending GTA4 has. You might wanna save it seperately jus in case u wanna try it a diff way. I dunno. I saved all my stuff (60% thus far) on 1 save. So i gotta do the whole game over if i wanna see diff or the right way to choose/pick. I'm gonna do it, game has replay value out the ass.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #145
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

60% so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23airjordan23
So on a scale of 1 to 10 what is gta iv

Quote:
In my first 7 hours, I'd give it a 9. I think San Andreas was more fun early on, now the lead character is by far my favorite...but there are a lot of things omitted from the game that I enjoyed from the previous title.

By the end of it, I'd probably give it a 10 and will probably surpass San Andreas.
The graphics, the story looks flawless...when I roam around the city for some reason I don't have as many things to do, but I'm sure it'll pick up as the story progresses.

The cell phone was a genius idea though.

It'll pick up a lot. I wonder if you can get a new cell phone? There are options on ur cell phone? Also you know you can change your ring tones right? Play with the phone options a bit and u'll see an option for all that. I didnt get a chance too. Do it later.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #146
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Thanks gobb, you've picked my head up and I now look foward to continuing with the game. I've just started to get stuff like the texts and phone calls and having to hang with Roman just cause he wants to eat. It seems pretty cool and is starting to pick up a bit now.

But, like you said, I've got numerous people wanting me to pay attention to them and I completely forget about certain people and I end up spending too much time on one thing.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #147
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I just finished the game

Gonna end it a different way to see the other ending later. Doubt i get 100% but if I want I can do it all over and kill the right people so its possible. I might, who knows. Ahhhh I'm a G.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:22 AM   #148
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I just finished the game

Gonna end it a different way to see the other ending later. Doubt i get 100% but if I want I can do it all over and kill the right people so its possible. I might, who knows. Ahhhh I'm a G.

Dam, that was fast fo real.whats your addiction lvl in the game, im at "jonesing bad", still only at 40%.Whats the longest that youve played non-stop? cuz thats crazy i guess i would be farther to tho if i dont **** around and take peoples out, or vigilante missions, random shootouts with the cops **** like that...
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:39 PM   #149
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

"Serious Habit"
Old 05-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #150
v-unit
Very good NBA starter

Did you kill the dude in the end or let him live?
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: