Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Scaled Images of Wilt/Dwight/McGee etc wingspans and height w/o shoes:

Wow great find of Durant.

I got Kobe but without basketball in the hand

Default Re: Scaled Images of Wilt/Dwight/McGee etc wingspans and height w/o shoes:

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik

Okay one thing though, he seems very young in this pic, I'm worried he might not be fully grown - what year is this how old was he do u know?

Dwight was measured out of high school he's grown:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2012...chris-paul.jpg
    I'm posting this so that I'll have the link later bc I found it while browsing here at work and will prob use it 2night with the new Durant / Yao images for a sense of scale seeing as how CP3 is no more than the size of a typical person on the street (5-11.75)

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Dwight was measured out of high school he's grown:

That maybe true it may not be, for images of this nature I refuse to use acknowlege speculation though. Only data that has actually been collected and recorded has any merit being used to make a scale chart (specifically, the only thing affected is their height appearance seeing as how the basketballs are what keeps their overall proportions grounded to reality) - if you find more recent measurements that changes his old data let me know, I'm open to make changes and I don't doubt some players may have grown slightly, I just won't change it unless there is solid data though
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 10-22-2012 at 01:23 PM.

keep in mind a lot of the pictures have players without arms fully extended.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    There is one, with Muggsy. You even got 3 balls and it's a straight angle if I remember correctly.
    I don't see the point of scaling the picture if his arms aren't spread out? It defeats the purpose of comparison.

4 super freaks... Yao has a really big head lol
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 10-22-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Mamadou Ndiaye? Rudy Gobert?

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

4 super freaks... Yao has a really big head lol
    IMO, height to the shoulder is more important than actual height when it comes to basketball. It's interesting how much closer to Yao Wilt (and others) come when we measure shoulder height. So, add this to the fact that Yao has a small wingspan / height ratio (due to his big head).

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    IMO, height to the shoulder is more important than actual height when it comes to basketball. It's interesting how much closer to Yao Wilt (and others) come when we measure shoulder height. So, add this to the fact that Yao has a small wingspan / height ratio (due to his big head).
    True this is why 6-10+ Bosh isn't as effectively "tall" a player as 6-9 Dwight. Dwight has more massive body, taller shoulders, longer reach, etc - all the right tools of a player bigger and taller than the height to the tip of his head would indicate. He's effectively got a big mans frame, where as long slender built Bosh with his long neck is visibly a smaller player than Dwight despite his greater height to the top of his head

Nice thread man.

(Full Size link: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-U...520knicks6.jpg )

Perhaps the best indication of Wilt's size thus far
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 11-17-2012 at 09:52 PM.

What a ridiculous picture...Chandler is damn near the same height as Wilt. That pic makes him look like Yao.