NBA lottery pick

Default Pistons Waive Smith

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/detroi...170000394.html

I was suprised they just waived him. This is extremely rare to do with guaranteed contracts. I guess it's good for him since he'll get to go where ever he wants. I guess there really wasn't a trade market for him. Too bad we couldn't get something in return. I wonder if he just signs on the cheap with a contender.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Pistons Waive Smith

No matter how we look at this, it proves that SVG is committed to building us the way he wants and he is clearly not afraid to make big moves such as this. As weird as it sounds, this makes us better in the short term, and much better in the long term (with or without Moose)...

Huge relief getting rid of Smith, we have 55 or so games to let Dre and Moose mesh and realise that they could be an unstoppable frontcourt duo...

Is Jennings next?...

NBA lottery pick

I like what SVG has said about how he wants to develop the younger guys. He wants KCP, Dinwiddie, and Drummond getting playing time. I hope that this move makes Monroe feel more secure about his spot and actually consider resigning. Although they might just let him walk too and go after a stretch 4 to put next to Dre.

^^ My preference is to have Moose stay, but even if he leaves - we project to have close to 30 mill cap space in the summer - both of those options are so much better than keeping Josh Smith. It's a good day...

I want to see more consitency from KCP, I want to see more of Jerebko as I think he can be a key role player in SVG's system off the bench for a long time. I want to see more minutes given to Dinwiddie (at the 1, not the 2)

NBA lottery pick

I think Jerebko will definitely get more minutes now. He's a guy who could be a real nice role player in this system.

^^ Exactly, someone who knows his role, can shoot, and most importantly has no ego...

This following clip pretty much sums up Josh Smith's time in Detorit, as well as Josh Smith as a player overall...

https://d13csqd2kn0ewr.cloudfront.ne...ithAirBall.gif

Good riddance...

Dunking on everybody in the park gin17's Avatar

Good win vs the pacers. Pistons looks so much better without smith. Now they just need a shooter that can space the floor and then they're going at a good position moving forward

Id actually like to see some "big" / "Small" ball lineups of Dre, Moose, KCP, Meeks, Jennings

Decent college freshman

Majorly disappointing signing but glad they pulled the trigger. The offense will be very different to watch now IMO. I like that Jerebko will play more and Smith isn't in Monroe's way. Meeks being back helps too. He just needs to find his 3 point rhythm. He's still hitting for a 540 TS% while hitting only 26% from downtown.

I know it's just been two games since be banished Smith - but has anyone else noticed how much more hungry and in-sync we look? Kind of looks like we have come together as one in the wake of all the turmoil... Really enjoyable to watch

NBA lottery pick

They are playing better. We'll see if that lasts long term though.

Dunking on everybody in the park gin17's Avatar

Now 3-0 without smith. Players playing really well

NBA lottery pick

It's almost disappointing. With such a bad record our best move this year would have been a top 3 pick. Although I like seeing the way they're playing now.