Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2017, 09:54 PM   #16
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 16,584
Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
He's a good fit for the team. He's a system player, the other 3 players ARE the system.

They're the system and yet none of them led their teams to the playoffs.

Nurkic showed up and the Blazers turned their season around and got into the playoffs. Not bad for being a system player.

I'll take the guy that actually made the playoffs.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:56 PM   #17
bobopenguin
Good college starter
 
bobopenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,391
Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

cousins > them all.
bobopenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:04 PM   #18
waseem780
#1 Joel Embiid Stan
 
waseem780's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,304
Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

Embiid if healthy
Towns




Jokic




Nurkic
waseem780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:08 PM   #19
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,010
Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
They're the system and yet none of them led their teams to the playoffs.

Nurkic showed up and the Blazers turned their season around and got into the playoffs. Not bad for being a system player.

I'll take the guy that actually made the playoffs.

Except Nurkic started for the Nuggets and they were a trainwreck because overall there defense is brutal. Nurkic's DBPM was 1.0 with Denver and 3.8 with Portland. Jokic's DBPM was 2.0 with Denver. Denver is just comical defensively, even worse than what was an awful defensive team in Portland. Offensively .. not sure there's a single stat the suggests Nurkic is even close to Jokic.

Nurkic started the season the Nuggets were far away from the playoffs, Jokic steals his spot and the Nuggets finish 1 game out of the playoffs but with Jokic they were on pace to steal that spot. Had Jokic started game 1 at C without Nurkic the Nuggets make the playoffs . You can't even argue that. It literally just happened. Had Jokic not stole Nurkic's spot we would have won like 30 games.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:10 PM   #20
AirTupac
Banned
 
AirTupac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,793
Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

Oh are we talking about the Nurkic that got traded to the Blazers and then had a dominant run and a game against Denver that sealed them the playoff spot AGAINST DENVER when he dropped 33 points and 16 rebounds on JOKIC? LOLLLLL


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLXPnzG7ITA
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:14 PM   #21
MrFonzworth
Love Me Sexy
 
MrFonzworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,591
Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
They're the system and yet none of them led their teams to the playoffs.

Nurkic showed up and the Blazers turned their season around and got into the playoffs. Not bad for being a system player.

I'll take the guy that actually made the playoffs.
The playoff argument doesn't really work when the 3rd option, who lost his job to Jokic, happened to have been traded to a team with 2 other stars.

The other 3 ARE the systems, and teams are building around them. I GUARANTEE the other 3 are making the playoffs this year, in fact, the Blazers are the least of the 4 teams to make the playoffs, so there goes your argument
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:15 PM   #22
AirTupac
Banned
 
AirTupac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,793
Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
The playoff argument doesn't really work when the 3rd option, who lost his job to Jokic, happened to have been traded to a team with 2 other stars.

The other 3 ARE the systems, and teams are building around them. I GUARANTEE the other 3 are making the playoffs this year, in fact, the Blazers are the least of the 4 teams to make the playoffs, so there goes your argument

Blazers have a much better chance than Denver lmfao. Clown.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:16 PM   #23
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,010
Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Oh are we talking about the Nurkic that got traded to the Blazers and then had a dominant run and a game against Denver that sealed them the playoff spot AGAINST DENVER when he dropped 33 points and 16 rebounds on JOKIC? LOLLLLL

Were talking about the Nurkic that started for the Nuggets and couldn't win games, than Jokic came along and stole his spot and had the entire offense built around him and the Nuggets started winning, than despite Jokic only starting at C for like 50ish games only missed the playoffs by 1 game to the team that had Dame as the 1st option, C.J as the 2nd option, and Nurkic as the 3rd option.

Airtupac back from the dead tho after the Lakers got smacked back to back.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:17 PM   #24
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,010
Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Blazers have a much better chance than Denver lmfao. Clown.

Somebody's salty after getting watching his team get demolished I see.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:17 PM   #25
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 16,584
Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Except Nurkic started for the Nuggets and they were a trainwreck because overall there defense is brutal. Nurkic's DBPM was 1.0 with Denver and 3.8 with Portland. Jokic's DBPM was 2.0 with Denver. Denver is just comical defensively, even worse than what was an awful defensive team in Portland. Offensively .. not sure there's a single stat the suggests Nurkic is even close to Jokic.

Nurkic started the season the Nuggets were far away from the playoffs, Jokic steals his spot and the Nuggets finish 1 game out of the playoffs but with Jokic they were on pace to steal that spot. Had Jokic started game 1 at C without Nurkic the Nuggets make the playoffs . You can't even argue that. It literally just happened. Had Jokic not stole Nurkic's spot we would have won like 30 games.

I actually read a post on Denver Stiffs about Nurkic. They were like 10-19 or something with him starting. Then something like 18-15 with Yokic. I expected something like a little better than near .500 ball.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #26
MrFonzworth
Love Me Sexy
 
MrFonzworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,591
Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Blazers have a much better chance than Denver lmfao. Clown.
They just added Milsap you mook Avy bet that the Nuggets are at least 3 games ahead of Portland at the all-star game.
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:19 PM   #27
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 16,584
Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
The playoff argument doesn't really work when the 3rd option, who lost his job to Jokic, happened to have been traded to a team with 2 other stars.

The other 3 ARE the systems, and teams are building around them. I GUARANTEE the other 3 are making the playoffs this year, in fact, the Blazers are the least of the 4 teams to make the playoffs, so there goes your argument

I would hope so for Philly. The other teams are in the west. It would be humiliating if they don't make it.

Blazers are making the playoffs if healthy. I guarantee that.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:20 PM   #28
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 25,746
Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

Towns
Jokic
Nurkic
Embiid



Simply donít trust Embiidís health. The rest is self explanatory.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:22 PM   #29
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.
 
NuggetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NuggetNation.
Posts: 10,010
Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I actually read a post on Denver Stiffs about Nurkic. They were like 10-19 or something with him starting. Then something like 18-15 with Yokic. I expected something like a little better than near .500 ball.

Actually they were something like 9-16 with Nurkic starting at C. With Jokic they were way better. Defensively they were trash either way. Offensively? Nuggets had a top 3 offense statistically with Jokic starting. In games where Jokic plays 30 minutes or more? There record is far above .500.

Impact, numbers, basically every metric the difference is pretty noticeable. I mean Jokic straight up dogged Nurkic. Stole his spot. Made Nurkic throw a hissy and asked to get traded. I like Nurkic, he'll be really good. I wish Malone was a better coach and could have made it work. No denying that Jokic made him his bitch tho. Nurkic literally asked to be traded because he knew he couldn't steal his spot back. His agent knew he was on back up duty for the next decade unless he got outta there.

Could Nurkic be a better 3rd option? We'll see. One can have an offense built around them, an offense that ranked top 3, the other not so much.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:24 PM   #30
MrFonzworth
Love Me Sexy
 
MrFonzworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,591
Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I would hope so for Philly. The other teams are in the west. It would be humiliating if they don't make it.

Blazers are making the playoffs if healthy. I guarantee that.
Nurkic is making the post season as a role player, the other 3 as stars
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy