Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-05-2017, 09:54 PM   #16
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Default Re: Towns vs Embiid vs Jokic vs Nurkic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
He's a good fit for the team. He's a system player, the other 3 players ARE the system.

They're the system and yet none of them led their teams to the playoffs.

Nurkic showed up and the Blazers turned their season around and got into the playoffs. Not bad for being a system player.

I'll take the guy that actually made the playoffs.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:56 PM   #17
bobopenguin
Good college starter

cousins > them all.
bobopenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:04 PM   #18
waseem780
#1 Joel Embiid Stan

Embiid if healthy
Towns

Jokic

Nurkic
waseem780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:08 PM   #19
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07

Nurkic showed up and the Blazers turned their season around and got into the playoffs. Not bad for being a system player.

Except Nurkic started for the Nuggets and they were a trainwreck because overall there defense is brutal. Nurkic's DBPM was 1.0 with Denver and 3.8 with Portland. Jokic's DBPM was 2.0 with Denver. Denver is just comical defensively, even worse than what was an awful defensive team in Portland. Offensively .. not sure there's a single stat the suggests Nurkic is even close to Jokic.

Nurkic started the season the Nuggets were far away from the playoffs, Jokic steals his spot and the Nuggets finish 1 game out of the playoffs but with Jokic they were on pace to steal that spot. Had Jokic started game 1 at C without Nurkic the Nuggets make the playoffs . You can't even argue that. It literally just happened. Had Jokic not stole Nurkic's spot we would have won like 30 games.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:10 PM   #20
AirTupac
Banned

Oh are we talking about the Nurkic that got traded to the Blazers and then had a dominant run and a game against Denver that sealed them the playoff spot AGAINST DENVER when he dropped 33 points and 16 rebounds on JOKIC? LOLLLLL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLXPnzG7ITA
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:14 PM   #21
MrFonzworth
Love Me Sexy

Quote:

The playoff argument doesn't really work when the 3rd option, who lost his job to Jokic, happened to have been traded to a team with 2 other stars.

The other 3 ARE the systems, and teams are building around them. I GUARANTEE the other 3 are making the playoffs this year, in fact, the Blazers are the least of the 4 teams to make the playoffs, so there goes your argument
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:15 PM   #22
AirTupac
Banned

Quote:
The playoff argument doesn't really work when the 3rd option, who lost his job to Jokic, happened to have been traded to a team with 2 other stars.

The other 3 ARE the systems, and teams are building around them. I GUARANTEE the other 3 are making the playoffs this year, in fact, the Blazers are the least of the 4 teams to make the playoffs, so there goes your argument

Blazers have a much better chance than Denver lmfao. Clown.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:16 PM   #23
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Oh are we talking about the Nurkic that got traded to the Blazers and then had a dominant run and a game against Denver that sealed them the playoff spot AGAINST DENVER when he dropped 33 points and 16 rebounds on JOKIC? LOLLLLL

Were talking about the Nurkic that started for the Nuggets and couldn't win games, than Jokic came along and stole his spot and had the entire offense built around him and the Nuggets started winning, than despite Jokic only starting at C for like 50ish games only missed the playoffs by 1 game to the team that had Dame as the 1st option, C.J as the 2nd option, and Nurkic as the 3rd option.

Airtupac back from the dead tho after the Lakers got smacked back to back.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:17 PM   #24
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:

Somebody's salty after getting watching his team get demolished I see.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:17 PM   #25
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Except Nurkic started for the Nuggets and they were a trainwreck because overall there defense is brutal. Nurkic's DBPM was 1.0 with Denver and 3.8 with Portland. Jokic's DBPM was 2.0 with Denver. Denver is just comical defensively, even worse than what was an awful defensive team in Portland. Offensively .. not sure there's a single stat the suggests Nurkic is even close to Jokic.

Nurkic started the season the Nuggets were far away from the playoffs, Jokic steals his spot and the Nuggets finish 1 game out of the playoffs but with Jokic they were on pace to steal that spot. Had Jokic started game 1 at C without Nurkic the Nuggets make the playoffs . You can't even argue that. It literally just happened. Had Jokic not stole Nurkic's spot we would have won like 30 games.

I actually read a post on Denver Stiffs about Nurkic. They were like 10-19 or something with him starting. Then something like 18-15 with Yokic. I expected something like a little better than near .500 ball.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #26
MrFonzworth
Love Me Sexy

Quote:
They just added Milsap you mook Avy bet that the Nuggets are at least 3 games ahead of Portland at the all-star game.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:19 PM   #27
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:

I would hope so for Philly. The other teams are in the west. It would be humiliating if they don't make it.

Blazers are making the playoffs if healthy. I guarantee that.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:20 PM   #28
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Towns
Jokic
Nurkic
Embiid

Simply donít trust Embiidís health. The rest is self explanatory.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:22 PM   #29
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
I actually read a post on Denver Stiffs about Nurkic. They were like 10-19 or something with him starting. Then something like 18-15 with Yokic. I expected something like a little better than near .500 ball.

Actually they were something like 9-16 with Nurkic starting at C. With Jokic they were way better. Defensively they were trash either way. Offensively? Nuggets had a top 3 offense statistically with Jokic starting. In games where Jokic plays 30 minutes or more? There record is far above .500.

Impact, numbers, basically every metric the difference is pretty noticeable. I mean Jokic straight up dogged Nurkic. Stole his spot. Made Nurkic throw a hissy and asked to get traded. I like Nurkic, he'll be really good. I wish Malone was a better coach and could have made it work. No denying that Jokic made him his bitch tho. Nurkic literally asked to be traded because he knew he couldn't steal his spot back. His agent knew he was on back up duty for the next decade unless he got outta there.

Could Nurkic be a better 3rd option? We'll see. One can have an offense built around them, an offense that ranked top 3, the other not so much.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:24 PM   #30
MrFonzworth
Love Me Sexy

Quote:
I would hope so for Philly. The other teams are in the west. It would be humiliating if they don't make it.

Blazers are making the playoffs if healthy. I guarantee that.
Nurkic is making the post season as a role player, the other 3 as stars
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: