Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Boozer to Chicago...

I can't find any threads on here about this trade so pardon me for starting one if there is one anyway...

So what do you Jazz fans think about it? You get to resign millsap most likely, you get Tyrus who has TONS of potential, and Boozer's contract off the books. Personally I like it for my Bulls because of the amazing cap relief. for next season and if we like it we can add a piece still, or blow up the team all together. So what do you guys think about it? I think Utah and Chicago make out like thieves but on the surface Portland kinda loses out even though they've wanted Kirk for years.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #2
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation
Default Re: Boozer to Chicago...

I think Thomas would eventually get placed on the inacavtive roster for poor on court decision making, and then waived for poor off court decision making.

I really hope this is the smoke I think it is.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #3
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think it makes sense. Because Utah WANTS millsap not Boozer. Portland's wanted Kirk for years. and Chicago has always wanted a low post presence. I doubt Tyrus finds playing time in Utah either but I'm just saying it makes sense for everyone.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:45 AM   #4
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I think it makes sense. Because Utah WANTS millsap not Boozer. Portland's wanted Kirk for years. and Chicago has always wanted a low post presence. I doubt Tyrus finds playing time in Utah either but I'm just saying it makes sense for everyone.

Depends on what Millsap is going to take to bring back. He's not worth 10M per to me. Boozer is a much better offensive player, and similar defensive player. If it comes down to similar contracts, I'll keep Boozer. If Millsap is reasonably priced, I gotta beleive there is a better salary dump move my Jazz can make.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
Rose
slightly upset stomach

I agree with you on that one.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:18 PM   #6
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

mrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I think it makes sense. Because Utah('s front office) WANTS millsap not Boozer. Portland's wanted Kirk for years. and Chicago has always wanted a low post presence. I doubt Tyrus finds playing time in Utah either but I'm just saying it makes sense for everyone.

Fixed.

**** trading Boozer. That is all.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:11 AM   #7
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Boozer is a much better offensive player

Much better no. Better low post player right now.Milsap getting better by the day.

Quote:
similar defensive player

You got to be kidding? One plays none and the other does. How is that similar?

Hinrich or Deng for Boozer makes more sense for the Jazz.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

mrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Much better no. Better low post player right now.Milsap getting better by the day.

You got to be kidding? One plays none and the other does. How is that similar?

Hinrich or Deng for Boozer makes more sense for the Jazz.

#1. How does Paul score anywhere other than layups? Jumpshots? His jumpshot was ranked by David Locke as perhaps the least efficient shot in the NBA.

#2. Utah's defense got WORSE when Boozer was injured. That is all.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #9
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
How does Paul score anywhere other than layups? Jumpshots? His jumpshot was ranked by David Locke as perhaps the least efficient shot in the NBA.

Locke is an idiot obviously. They said Milsap doesn't play the 3 cuz he can't shoot but he shoots better than AK or Brewer or Boozer for that matter. His face up game looked good to me. I saw him score in every possible way.

Quote:
Utah's defense got WORSE when Boozer was injured. That is all.

It sucked with and without him. Fire Sloan and keep Boozer. But as long as you keep Sloan changes must be made.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #10
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Quote:
Locke is an idiot obviously. They said Milsap doesn't play the 3 cuz he can't shoot but he shoots better than AK or Brewer or Boozer for that matter. His face up game looked good to me. I saw him score in every possible way.

It sucked with and without him. Fire Sloan and keep Boozer. But as long as you keep Sloan changes must be made.

His face up game is ****.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:29 AM   #11
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:

You are crazy. Milsap has a step back jumper on occasion. Otherwise, you don't want him going to the J if you have anyone on the floor with one arm. Boozer has a reliable face up jumper that helps him beat his defender. Millsap doesn't. Boozer has a hook shot, can finish with either hand, can drop step with his back to the basket, and can go to a fade. Millsap charges the rim, jumps, realizes he is checked, and ends up scooping the ball akwardly toward the hoop from his completely horizontal arms. He scores in ONE WAY: willpower. Partly a compliment, partly a limitation.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:12 AM   #12
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Boozer's face up game sucks despite the fact he likes to shoot it. Milsap's is better.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:34 AM   #13
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Boozer's face up game sucks despite the fact he likes to shoot it. Milsap's is better.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #14
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Darkess has not been impressing people

Quote:

Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #15
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkess
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: