Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: jeremy lin breaks ish again!!!

i never said he isn't a good basketball player, and i liked him before all of this as mentioned before

but he isnt a superstar talent.

He has been the only real scoring threat theese games (because of his hot streak) for the knicks, so he has been given a lot of freedom.. He wont have close to that freedom with Melo and Stat back.

He have been crazy efficient (much of it due to an hot streak) so no one have minded him shooting a lot.. They will mind it once his hot streak ends.

His A/TO ratio is a concern. it just is

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    California high school player of the year.
    16 4 4 at harvard

Some guys just never get their chance to shine for whatever reason.

i mean yeah he is hot, but anybody can tell that he has some serious skills
    TONS of players go to small schools and don't get the respect they deserve until someone gives them a shot. The only thing that separates Lin is the fact that he is of Asian decent.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    i never said he isn't a good basketball player, and i liked him before all of this as mentioned before

He has been the only real scoring threat theese games (because of his hot streak) for the knicks, so he has been given a lot of freedom.. He wont have close to that freedom with Melo and Stat back.

He have been crazy efficient (much of it due to an hot streak) so no one have minded him shooting a lot.. They will mind it once his hot streak ends.

How do you know he's not superstar talent? (not to say that I think he is) Nash didn't look like superstar talent either when he first came into the league.

it's the same exact thing, he doesn't strike anyone as being amazingly athletic so people overlooked him.

So far the poor shooting game has been an exception not the rule. And the high A/TO ratio is of some concern, but if like you said he won't be taking as many shots, it's obviously going to improve a lot.

how will him shooting less help his a/to ration?

but i'm no psycic, so i cant no for sure that he wont be a superstar

but it is HIGHLY unlikely

and i dont give a shit about how athletic he is.. i'm no 14 year old kid basing my opinion on dunks
    Last edited by kurple; 02-12-2012 at 01:43 AM.

I rule the local playground

how will him shooting less help his a/to ration?

but i'm no psycic, so i cant no for sure that he wont be a superstar

but it is HIGHLY unlikely

and i dont give a shit about how athletic he is.. i'm no 14 year old kid basing my opinion on dunks
    He won't be double teamed, for one... lol.

Eh, well you don't need to be psychic to see how he stacks up to other players on the NBA. You just need to watch, and understand basketball, the guy does what a lot of other people don't/can't, and it's his first real season.

Serious playground baller

you bring that up as a concern, he is just getting minutes against NBA players and your worried about him turning the ball over? what he is doing is amazing, him turning the ball over nothing to worry about, imagine the pressure it would be.
    obvious agenda

5-time NBA All-Star

Yeah, so is his infectious winning ways. And that stupid ability to get to rim is annoying to no end. How about that getting others involved thing he need to STOP doin.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease mikek85's Avatar

We have a serious hater here.

This kid has barely played any NBA games. Geez, cut him some slack and enjoy the show. He's doing great and good for him(he lived on a f'ckin couch for christs sake)

3-time NBA All-Star

Maybe he wouldnt be a superstar if he remains to be a combo guard coz I dont think he has the body to support that. Hes breaking down right now. But he can be a superstar if he focuses to be a pg. He has 2 of the best scorers in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwyane Rose
    20 points
    8 assists
    6 rebounds (2 offensive)
    3 steals

didn't turn over the ball TWICE in the last 24. (ahem... Rubio)
    hit the game-winning free throw

Emperor Lin
    Fixed

Maybe not superstar talent, but definitely star talent. You must factor in that he isn't used to playing heavy starters' minutes. He was buried on the bench, then all of a sudden he has the weight of the franchise on his back.

Once his conditioning gets where it needs to be, watch out!

If you study his game, he isn't a streaky shooter. He carefully picks his spots and the shots are usually right on the rim. When he gets his legs, I expect him to be an above-50% shooter, which would be outstanding for a young point guard.

the majority of shots he takes are high percentage ones within 1 feet of the hoop, he isnt shot-jacking from the perimeter and shooting his team out of it.
    he did have some rookie mistakes out there, but thats from only playing the game at 100% a week ago.
    Couple more weeks, he can get his stamina up and melo/amare (hopefully for the best) will give lin clear lanes to the hoop, unlike lastnight where it was easy to pack the paint and challenge him easily. you pack the paint on lin, guess what he WILL find melo for the shot or hand it to tyson within 5-10 feet of the hoop to let him work for the shot/or the alley. or pass it back to the top of the key to amare for a fairly easy jumper. or if amare is cutting, pass for the high percentage shot at the rim.

many possiblities