Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    National High School Star

Default Re: Dwight: 5 shots a game. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Yeah because a player who just last season put up 20+ PPG shouldn't get touches. Perfect basketball analysis there. Dude isn't getting touches... how's your team doing right now?

Meanwhile Kobe has been chucking 25-30 times per game lately, shooting 31% the past 3 games (all losses, including to the f*cking Raptors and the Bulls B-squad) and that's working out just great, right?

You clowns need to start living in reality. Sooner or later the delusion has to end.
    go watch a game you fool. Everyone knows dwight is useless.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

5 shots too many if you ask me. Dude should take the Tyson Chandler role.

If it ain't a dunk or a lay... never mind, if it ain't a dunk this nigguh can't score for shit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    like the other guy said...go fcuking watch some games mutha fcuka...dont act smart here....

all that a$shole does is turn it over.....get stripped...go to the FT line and shoot 50%
    Yet when he was doing all that in Orlando, they were able to get to the finals with Hedo as his second best player? The Lakers are not using him and they're a lottery team?

OK. I'll go watch the games. I'll keep watching Kobe chuck your team into oblivion while you idiots keep playing the enabling wife to an abusive husband who beats the dog shit out of you. 'But I love him! He doesn't mean it.'

Quite simply,Dwight doesn't understand how to get the ball. He doesn't seal his man, he reacts Poorly to the ball and has poor hands. The reason he doesn't get more shots is because these things effect him more now that he isn't some athletic God out there. He just doesn't know how to function on offense without relying on his God given talent.

Yet when he was doing all that in Orlando, they were able to get to the finals with Hedo as his second best player? The Lakers are not using him and they're a lottery team?
    This isn't Orlando Dwight..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    How do we know that? Guys has no problem getting boards (leading the league) or blocking shots (top 5) or FG% (top 5). He's averaging 3.2 TOPG, same exact # he did last year. Basically the only difference between his Orlando play and now is that the Lakers are playing keep away with the ball so Kobe can take more fadeaway 3s.

It's up to the coach to find the spots on the court that allow Dwight to maximize his offensive impact. But if you're not taking 3s, then you're useless to the Pringles man.

If LA isn't going to use him to his full potential, might as well trade him and let him flourish in Brooklyn or elsewhere. Get some more guys to stand around and watch Kobe chuck in return.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Everyone wants to ignore that to fit their agenda.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    He can't make simple layups or hook shots
    This is one of the big differences. Not only did Dwight make the short jump hooks very consistently in 2011 and 2012, but he was finishing almost every lay up. Even with contact, he'd usually make the shot. He's missing so many easy shots that he'd usually dunk and bring down the rim with. I do think they need to establish him in the post early, and see if he can get into a rhythm. Not those ill-advised force feeds they tried in the Miami game, but a few real post ups early.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    It's OK, no biggie. I am REALLY interested though. I never thought Dwight was THAT good to begin with and I always (way before 2009) thought Pau Gasol was the ideal big man for a guy like Kobe (especially in the triangle), I still can't understand how Dwight cannot put up a lote more shots with Steve friggin' Nash in the lineup. Last time I checked Nash was a willing passer. He made a 37 year old Shaq look great and Marcin Gortat look more than decent.
    That really didn't have much to do with Nash. He never had much chemistry with Shaq since he was a post player. Shaq's success that season was due to the offense going into him a lot, and him being healthy.

Dwight will walk at the end of the season. So it's time to trade him. This is the best you will get:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aptmhby

Dwight Howard for Omer Asik, Patrick Patterson and Cole Aldrich

Lakers get a defensive center and a legit backup for Pau and risk letting Dwight walk for 0. Thank me later, Laker fans. And forward this to your GM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Everyone wants to ignore that to fit their agenda.
    This. Don't even bother, it's just sad pathetic Kobe haters talking shit. Worst part is the retards havnt even been watching the games. Standard box score stat loving only f@ggots

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Foul trouble

watch the fken game.
    FKEN RETARD. OP said he hadn't watched games lately and asked for honest input and you come up with that gem.

How do we know that?
    Just LOOK AT HIM That's like asking why Kobe isn't the same as he was in 08. Dude had back surgery. The difference is obvious even without numbers. I'm telling you.. watch clips of him in 2011 or 2012, he's a different player. The way he got position on the block, secured the ball, made a more fluid motion to score. Finished a lot more when he got fouled going up.

This season there have been ton of plays where old Dwight would normally go straight up and dunk, but instead has to attempt to lay it up over a defender. Lateral movement and pop off the ground isn't nearly the same. The Magic were a top 3 defense with Jameer, VC, Hedo, Lewis etc alongside him. The scheme was better but still, there's no way that Dwight allows a team to be bottom 10th in the league defensively. And that is where the Lakers are truly failing. Excluding this 3 game skid, they have been very good offensively throughout the season, so this claim that feeding Dwight would fix their problems doesn't hold much weight.