Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Skip Bayless vs. Kevin Durant on Twitter today(reactions on lbj KD workout)

KD really shouldn't have dignified Skip with a response. It's obvious Skip is trying to capitalize on KD's fame for ratings/attention.

First Take is entertaining but listening to Skip and Stephen A trying to talk Xs and Os is hilarious.

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Skip Bayless vs. Kevin Durant on Twitter today(reactions on lbj KD workout)

The seed has been planted in KD's mind, let hope he turns in to a better competitor, which is all he needs to be the best player in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas666
    The seed has been planted in KD's mind, let hope he turns in to a better competitor, which is all he needs to be the best player in basketball.
    He needs to do a lot more than that.

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Too much hate for Skip Bayless. He may have controversial opinions sometimes but isn't afraid to speak his mind and let his opinion be known. I think Skip is right in the sense that Lebron was comfortable playing in the NBA finals against Durant and the OKC Thunder.

When Lebron played the Mavericks in the finals there was definitely trash talking and they got under Lebron's skin. They had crazy guy Stevenson mixing things up getting in peoples faces. Tyson chandler being physical in the paint. Marion playing man physical defense against Lebron.

The mavericks took Lebron out of his comfort zone and forced him to shoot jumpers. Some of it was the zone the Mavericks played. Some was their in your face, never back down attitude. And some was the physical play of Stevenson, Marion, Chandler and the rest of the Mavericks. Even Dirk seemed tough that year.

Last year was completely different. The Thunder let him work in the paint all series long. The Thunder adapted to the Heat's style of play instead of the other way around. I thought it was a mistake that Scott Brooks didn't play Perkins enough and opted for Durant/Ibaka to protect the paint when Lebron was killing them inside. Also, I thought they should have played zone more.

Lebron was 8-46 for 17.39% on shots 10+ feet from the rim against the Thunder(According to HOOPDATA). Let that sink in. Who knows what would have happened if the Thunder were better defensively at keeping him out of the paint. Obviously, Lebron gets a lot of credit for getting good looks. I'm not going to discredit his hard work, but I feel Thunder made a lot of mistakes giving him easy looks.

Lebron certainly earned his title, and I respect him a lot more now. However, he hasn't fully convinced me he will be the player he is hyped up to be. He still needs to work on his post game(he did make improvements last season). I expect him to improve more now that he's going to play PF even more with Bosh at C. He really needs to work on his jumper though. 8-46 for 17.39% isn't going to get it done next year. Especially if, for instance, the Lakers can make it to the finals where they can protect the paint better with a Howard/Gasol/Hill Rotation and World Peace on the perimeter.
    Last edited by TheGreatDeraj; 09-12-2012 at 12:21 PM.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Haha @ Skip looking into the camera and saying "I'm trying to HELP you, Kevin Durant"

I wish I could see the look on KD's face when he first watched that

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
    Too much hate for Skip Bayless. He may have controversial opinions sometimes but isn't afraid to speak his mind and let his opinion be known. I think Skip is right in the sense that Lebron was comfortable playing in the NBA finals against Durant and the OKC Thunder.

When Lebron played the Mavericks in the finals there was definitely trash talking and they got under Lebron's skin. They had crazy guy Stevenson mixing things up getting in peoples faces. Tyson chandler being physical in the paint. Marion playing man physical defense against Lebron.

The mavericks took Lebron out of his comfort zone and forced him to shoot jumpers. Some of it was the zone the Mavericks played. Some was their in your face, never back down attitude. And some was the physical play of Stevenson, Marion, Chandler and the rest of the Mavericks. Even Dirk seemed tough that year.

Last year was completely different. The Thunder let him work in the paint all series long. The Thunder adapted to the Heat's style of play instead of the other way around. I thought it was a mistake that Scott Brooks didn't play Perkins enough and opted for Durant/Ibaka to protect the paint when Lebron was killing them inside. Also, I thought they should have played zone more.

Lebron was 8-46 for 17.39% on shots 10+ feet from the rim against the Thunder(According to HOOPDATA). Let that sink in. Who knows what would have happened if the Thunder were better defensively at keeping him out of the paint. Obviously, Lebron gets a lot of credit for getting good looks. I'm not going to discredit his hard work, but I feel Thunder made a lot of mistakes giving him easy looks.

Lebron certainly earned his title, and I respect him a lot more now. However, he hasn't fully convinced me he will be the player he is hyped up to be. He still needs to work on his post game(he did make improvements last season). I expect him to improve more now that he's going to play PF even more with Bosh at C. He really needs to work on his jumper though. 8-46 for 17.39% isn't going to get it done next year. Especially if, for instance, the Lakers can make it to the finals where they can protect the paint better with a Howard/Gasol/Hill Rotation and World Peace on the perimeter.
    Well said. I agree.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Not quite as tall as Garnett, definitely not the ball handling, passing, playmaking, or overall smoothness of Tmac. Not gonna deny he's definitely a good combination of those 3 guys, but he's not close to Tmac level skill overall, though obviously a better midrange shooter, finisher (though more because of height than skill) and free throw shooter.
    yea you're right.

but i just wish KD was mean and tough on his teammates just like Jordan was. Jordan would have teared Harden a new asshole with the way he played and he would demand the dam ball more often from Westbrook.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    He needs to do a lot more than that.

Well it all starts from there.

Local High School Star

And just saying but want to remind you guys First Take is a talk show and if they make controversy statements, then there will be more viewers and ratings. It's their job to make controversy statements.

(Don't always buy into their traps) : )

cant believe KD fell for the troll bait. his PR guy should know better and advise him otherwise

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
    Too much hate for Skip Bayless.
    No such thing...more seriously, he says off-the-wall shit to get a reaction. That and kissing Tebow ass is his whole schtick. A superstar like Durant should never acknowledge his trolling existence.

I rule the local playground Rondo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    What about the long stretches whete he wouldn't shoot?

Guy has the goods to guard Lebron but he looked jittery out there. He wasn't a leader for his team. Even now, by working out with enemy his is being a bad leader. You wanna work harder than ur rival, not do the exact same drills etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if Durant joined Miami in 5 years after OKC falls off.
    OKC will be a much better team in 5 years than Miami will be...

College star

If I was an OKC fan, I wouldn't want my team's franchise player working out with the same player that drew all those phantom fouls on him, and essentially gutted our championship run in back-door sweep fashion.

But, that's just me. I don't think it's as serious or malicious as Skip is portraying it. But, it would bother me a bit as a fan. I'd rather KD not being able to look at Bron much after that series, and spending this time isolating himself, going ham in the gym with thoughts of the Heat players celebrating as the game clock dwindled to triple zero at Game 5.

I rather that type of motivation than this. But, if he's going to get better training with Lebron, why not...I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by noosaman
    I could be wrong but I distinctly recall him playing zero defense and having no impact on offense within 20 feet of the basket. I suppose the game footage and watching every game of the series is not good enough evidence for you, however.
    Now why don't you tell us about the renowned defense your god Dirk played in his prime.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

LMAO in that video, Skip basically crys on tv about how Durant rejected his man love last year when he was attacking westbrook.

Not to mention just a few months ago, he was the biggest Lebron hater around, but now he's praising him like he just bust a nut to film of the 2012 finals.

Skip is the best at switching his view on a situation in an instant and act like he's believed it for his whole life.

I usually hit open layups

Skip is an idiot. Anyone that thinks he knows what he is talking about doesn't know anything about basketball.