1.) D’angelo Russell
    2.) Spencer Dinwiddie
    3.) Isaiah Whitehead

Out for the year:
    1.) PG Jeremy Lin

2-way contracts:

1.) F Jacob Wiley
    2.) G Yakuba Ouattara
    Last edited by Nets fan 93; 05-06-2018 at 10:18 PM.

Default Re: Nets 17-18 Roster

I think Allen Crabbe will play the 6th man, while RHJ will be the starting small forward for us, with Trevor Booker at the starting PF. Heres the proposed lineup for our starters:

C: Timothy Mozgov
    PF: Trevor Booker
    SF: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
    SG: DeAngelo Russell
    PG: Jeremy Lin
    Sixth Man: Allen Crabbe

   

i think the starting lineup, particularly from 2 - 4, plus the first couple guys off the bench, is pretty fluid at this time. i expect it to change based on how guys compete, plus who the opponent happens to be. kenny loves to get everyone minutes, so that's another factor.

the two biggest challenges i see are 1) finding ways to make up for brook's lost offense and 2) getting a significant increase in defensive effort from players like crabbe and DLO.

in particular, if crabbe's defense fails to improve, particularly if he remains nothing more than a "catch and shoot" guy, then trading for him has to be considered a major gaffe by marks. really, it will be very interesting to see how this gamble plays out.

considering how well the team played when healthy last year, i see about 30 wins minimum. if injuries aren't too bad, and the two big challenges are met, i can see the team surprising a lot of folks and sneaking in to the playoffs.

either way, i think CLE (or BOS) are going to be kind of disappointed about our lottery pick next year.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    I think Allen Crabbe will play the 6th man, while RHJ will be the starting small forward for us, with Trevor Booker at the starting PF. Heres the proposed lineup for our starters:

If this is our starting line up, it's not going to be the team that ends games. In this new, faster and athletic NBA, I really think the core lineup will be Lin/Russell/Crabbe/RHJ/Booker and I wouldn't be surprised if at times we go Lin/Russell/Crabbe/LeVert/RHJ. Kilpatrick may sub in for Crabbe or LeVert if he's hot and the others are cold.

Nets finally use the last roster spot to sign C Tyler Zeller to a 2 year deal according to Woj. Joining Mozgov as the only 7 footers on the team. When he started with Boston he put up double digit points and had a variety of ways he could score. I like this move for much needed big man depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets

I can't see the 2nd best 3pt shooter percentage wise (Crabbe) last year not starting in Kenny's offense. A lot of media "sources" says word is the lineup I put up are most likely to start. Also the lineup you put has a lot of spacing issues. The nets aren't really looking at position any more. Marks went out and got whatever talent he could not caring about the position. The "guards" are loaded this year but the bigger names in Crabbe, Russell, and Lin could all start because it's not about position this year.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    I can't see the 2nd best 3pt shooter percentage wise (Crabbe) last year not starting in Kenny's offense.
    well, kenny can afford to start almost any lineup he wants in the name of progress / development. he could start jarrett allen at C, and as much of a mess that would probably be, it would still be defensible. which goes back to my point about the starting lineups not being too critical for this team.

but yeah-- any team that had playoff hopes could NOT afford to start the allen crabbe of last season. his defense was dreadful, his only real talent is hitting uncontested threes, and his success came mostly against second units, not starting units. i.e., the klay thompsons of the world are not shaking in their boots at this time.

that's why i think crabbe is by far the biggest gamble marks has made so far and why i think it will be must-see-TV to watch his development or non-development across this season.

with new ownership potentially coming along (chinese maybe), this is also the kind of thing that could either solidify the front office or justify starting over again. a slight exaggeration maybe, but probably not a huge one, since most new owners like to install their people in all the important spots.