Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: The Knicks are not going anywhere this year...because of

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Bargnani is clearly worse than Novak defensively. Novak tries VERY hard on defense, and he rotates properly. His lack of atheticism causes problems, but he's smart and he tries very hard. Those 2 things can overcome some deficiencies. I watched him for 2 seasons. I know.

I've been watching Bargnani closely for these 2 preseason games, giving him every benefit of the doubt. He's terrible defensively. He appears constantly confused and 2 steps behind every play. His rebounding instinct seems non existent, and I'm pretty sure he's not even trying very hard.

So no, he does NOT look good on "both ends". Offensively he looks fine to me...I can chalk some of the "bad stuff" on O to rust in his shot and getting used to offensive game plan.

I personally think Bargs needs to play on 2nd unit, with KMart and MWP. Surround him with tough defenders and hide his deficiencies.

First unit: Prigs, Felton, Shump, Melo, Tyson
    Second unit: Beno, JR, MWP, Bargs, Kmart
    Then gotta work Amar'e and Hardaway in too....oy, too many guys to get minutes.
    That would be a terrible use of the roster to use those starters, but it's very possible.

Bargnani and jr smith are the 2nd/3rd best players. The team should be built around Carmelo and them. Instead they want to build around Felton and chandler and have the three best fit around them?

If you brought Bargnani off th bench you'd be a) going out of your way to avoid complimenting your best player with players who's game fits with b) wanting to be an iso all the time team again

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Bargnani and jr smith are the 2nd/3rd best players. The team should be built around Carmelo and them. Instead they want to build around Felton and chandler and have the three best fit around them?
    Good lord, you are delusional.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    We replaced Novak with Bargs. I'm not seeing how that's a drop off.
    Novak is actually a great 3pt shooter.