Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #31
Knicks101
Hustle Loyalty Respect

Default Re: When did you guys realize that the WWF was fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
September 20, 1990. My date of birth. Even though I knew it was fake, I looooved the video games. Get a bunch of people in a room and playing Smackdown on N64=Priceless.

No such game exists.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #32
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
No such game exists.
I dont remember what its called. I though it was smackdown. Either that or Wrestlemania 2000. If thats not it, I have no clue.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #33
artificial
:-P

In defense of wrestling, I have a friend who is a pro wrestler.

He tells me that if they went 100% serious at it, wrestling looks like greco-roman wrestle, which isn't really appealing.

And also, there are matchups that aren't settled, like some championship matches. In those cases, he says it's just about pulling as many moves as you can, and try to end up opponent's stamina before you run out of it.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #34
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

probably when I saw a boxing match when guys who got hit once by a glvoed hand get KO'd but in wrestling they pound the opponent's face 5 times in a row bare fist and nothing happens
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #35
Inspector Rick
I rule the local playground

Its funny. I knew it was fake for a while, but at the same time I chose to ignore it. Some time in grade 10 I stopped watching.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #36
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I'm sorry but you are the most annoying prick i've ever seen on here...

awwww, im so sorry man. if i had known you still thought it was real i wouldnt have ruined it for you.
im not exagerating the way i felt when i saw it, i honestly do not see how people can think it is real, even as a child. im not condeming it, i can see maybe youd watch it for the performance- nothing wrong with that, and the girls are off the scale hot...
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #37
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

I never remember not knowing that pro wrestling was fake. I knew about it when I was a little kid but I didn't actually start watching until I was 13 or 14. I think because of that I've had a view of it that the "wrestling is dumb, it's so fake" people don't quite understand. I never viewed it any differently than watching any other episodic TV show that had ongoing storylines, and I learned what made a match good or not good, and why.

I've gone through stretches where I haven't watched at all, like from 2003 to 2005, and if it wasn't for DVR I'm not sure how much I'd still watch. I watch Raw and Smackdown every week, but I skip through the crap and just watch who I like. Namely, Orton/Cena/HHH/MVP on Raw, Edge/CM Punk/John Morrison/Chris Jericho/Shelton Benjamin on Smackdown. With the two shows combined I maybe watch one of the four hours of programming each week.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #38
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
awwww, im so sorry man. if i had known you still thought it was real i wouldnt have ruined it for you.
im not exagerating the way i felt when i saw it, i honestly do not see how people can think it is real, even as a child. im not condeming it, i can see maybe youd watch it for the performance- nothing wrong with that, and the girls are off the scale hot...
I don't know how people could think it was real, either, if they're my age (25) or younger. Now, if you were a little kid in the 70's or early 80's, I can understand.

However, it still cracks me up when people tell me it's fake. Thanks for that decades-old newsflash! Really? John Cena didn't actually make Big Show tap out? It was just a storyline on a TV show? And wait a second, Vic Mackey isn't really a corrupt LA cop, only a character played by Michael Chiklis?
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #39
Rake2204
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
my dad didn't want me tryin the stuff when i was little so probably back in like 92-93ish. They made sure i knew that it was just a TV show
This is around the same exact year as me. I was out to dinner with my brother and dad. I was talking about an episode with my brother and my dad sort of chuckled and said "You guys know none of that's real, right?" I never watched again.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #40
imlmf
Banned

it's fake?
imlmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #41
Hotlantadude81
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logo
I was addicted to it at it's peak...when guys like the Rock, Austin, Foley, Undertaker and DX came on TV every week. I never thought it was fake. Maybe it's because I didn't pay much attention to the storylines. I was more into the rivalries and I thought they really hated each others guts. Now I find out they're all friends in real life, that sucks

I did find it weird how they always had cameras backstage at the right place at the right time or how the referees would conveniently turn their back and argue with someone while the Rock has Triple H pinned down. I also found it weird how guys like Triple H would be the good guy one minute and suddenly turn evil the next. When these things finally came together, I realized it couldn't be real.

I can't be the only one who took so long to realize this **** wasn't real...right?

For me, there is a difference between knowing and accepting. I knew it around the early 90's, but I didn't accept it until 2000 or so. Then I quit watching.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #42
CasterL
Feeling supersonic

i was devestated when i find out wrestling wasnt real. my soul was crushed in that moment. I thought it was real for a long long time when i was younger.

me and my mates were so obsessed with wrestling that we used to have wrestling matches all the time, we often got hurt. however i was banned from wrestling indefinatley after one instance.

It was royal rumble in my friends mums room. i was the rock, obviously. and my friends were kane and stone cold. stone cold had kane in a brutal armlock. and that is when i delivered 'the most electrifying move in sports entertainment' and snapped kanes wrist. the shriek of pain ended the game quickly, it also ended our wrestling days.

all my games were taken away, my posters, and banned from watching it. sucked big time
CasterL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:29 PM   #43
JJ81
Good college starter

I thought everyone knew it was fake...

Wait, people actually think its REAL!?!??! lmfao
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:35 AM   #44
Junny
I air my balls

at all you idiots who think wrestling is fake.
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:46 AM   #45
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Found out in around about 8th grade. Probably later than I should have. I think I knew it was fake but it just was annoying for a young wrestling fan to continuly hear "You know it's fake" all the time. ECW was the stuff though..only half decent wrestling association.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: