Default Brian Shaw discusses the Nuggets start

"It's not the way that we obviously envisioned it being for us, but it's the situation that we've gotten ourselves into," Nuggets coach Brian Shaw said. "And for me, if we play hard, give it everything we have and we leave it out there on the floor, I can live with that. I was not happy at all with our effort in our home opener against Portland. So, obviously this is a tough team that we're playing against (Tuesday) night and if we go out there and we fight and we come up on the short end, I can live with that as long as we play with the kind of energy and passion and enthusiasm that we need to."

-- Denver Post

Default Re: Brian Shaw discusses the Nuggets start

The San Antonio Spurs overcame a 13-point deficit, ran the Nuggets down and sprinted away from them in the fourth quarter to grab a 102-94 win at the Pepsi Center. It denied Shaw his first win as head coach and dropped the Nuggets to 0-3 for the second consecutive year. But speaking of the process, it looked much more on track, though the team wasn't able to make the necessary plays to pull it out.

"We played basically about 36 minutes of good basketball," Shaw said. "Once again, we couldn't sustain the effort through the whole 48 minutes. We talked about playing a team of the Spurs caliber that they punish you and make you pay for the mistakes you make."

-- Denver Post