Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    I can't speak for my fellow secular humanists, but one aspect that will always differ between what I do and what religious zealots do is that I will always use humor and playful mocking... never getting offended to the point that it could arouse feelings of hate or righteous superiority.

The belief in Big Foot has not resulted in the amount of persecution and lost life as the institution of religion. Not a very good comparison there.

You can't act like religious devotion has shown itself to be completely harmless through our history.

Well, the comparison was to show you that if I don't believe in something, I don't go out of my way to tell you why I don't believe in it and why you shouldn't believe in it too. I am not anyone's master, therefore the decision to believe or not to believe lies with you and only you. You're also changing the context of the subject we were talking about though and we were never talking about violence earlier. But I will retort nevertheless. Religious zealotry and devotion is the result of the fallible man. Name me one governing body, country, nation, that has successfully governed itself by using religion as it's guide. You can't. All of them have failed and this is what we are currently seeing happen in the Middle East.

However, not to tail off on to something else, no matter how much cruelty and evil has been done in the name of God or Religion, it still does not take away from the original message of the Bible or of God for example. Man has perverted it to his favor and has always failed. Hell, you don't even have to take the Bible word for word, just accept the overall message and do good by it.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Explain further please. What laws and taxes do we have concerning God, Religion, Spirituality?
    Well I said proposing, not instated laws. But there are a bunch of states that prohibit an atheist from holding office in the US (although I'm not sure how strongly they would be enforced today?).

I'm more talking about the kinds of people that want to change the law based on their beliefs. Proposed anti-abortion and anti-homosexuality laws often seem to stem from that right wing Christian base. You also have minority Muslims proposing the introduction of Sharia law in a lot of western countries (some of them even illegally practicing the law in their communities).

Banned

I can't speak for my fellow secular humanists, but one aspect that will always differ between what I do and what religious zealots do is that I will always use humor and playful mocking... never getting offended to the point that it could arouse feelings of hate or righteous superiority.

The belief in Big Foot has not resulted in the amount of persecution and lost life as the institution of religion. Not a very good comparison there.

You can't act like religious devotion has shown itself to be completely harmless through our history.
    Lol you better not, reading lots of your threads you really sound like a retard having trouble in community college but who knows probably not.

Banned

Banned

Why is someone considered insecure for mocking the bible?

It's had a tremendous impact on modern culture, and world/American history. Even that sounds like and understatement. If you're not religious, and think it's all bullshit then there's literally nothing else better to mock. The day the bible becomes no fun to mock is the day that it's impact goes the way of the Greeks gods as a popular belief system.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Well, the comparison was to show you that if I don't believe in something, I don't go out of my way to tell you why I don't believe in it and why you shouldn't believe in it too. I am not anyone's master, therefore the decision to believe or not to believe lies with you and only you. You're also changing the context of the subject we were talking about though and we were never talking about violence earlier. But I will retort nevertheless. Religious zealotry and devotion is the result of the fallible man. Name me one governing body, country, nation, that has successfully governed itself by using religion as it's guide. You can't. All of them have failed and this is what we are currently seeing happen in the Middle East.

However, not to tail off on to something else, no matter how much cruelty and evil has been done in the name of God or Religion, it still does not take away from the original message of the Bible or of God for example. Man has perverted it to his favor and has always failed. Hell, you don't even have to take the Bible word for word, just accept the overall message and do good by it.
    It's a forum where people post things they find humorous, so I don't feel as if I'm going out of my way simply by making a few threads.

I'm not looking to be anyone's "master" either. My mom is religious, and I frequently tell her how silly I think she is for kneeling before that nonsense. Would I want her to change and share my views? Probably not, because I don't know how that would change her as a person. I have no idea if she could cope with the fact that this is a cold, empty universe with nothing to offer her after it's all said and done. I can see the glinting fear in her eyes at the mere prospect of nothingness at death.

So, I don't make it my mission to make her think the way I do. I just have fun by poking her in the ribs every now and then.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

T-Mac is religious, and I love him more than any other man on Earth.

It would break my heart if he got that scriptural scroll tattoo removed off his arm. Never would I want to change what went into making him who he is.

I think more athletes should tattoo Ezekiel 23:20 on themselves as it pertains to their lifestyle.

ever notice how atheists say nothing offensive in muslim threads? They definitely went to catholic churches as kids and are "rebelling" now

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

I have never met an Atheist in real life that didn't come from a broken family or suffers from some type of mental handicap.

It's a forum where people post things they find humorous, so I don't feel as if I'm going out of my way simply by making a few threads.

I'm not looking to be anyone's "master" either. My mom is religious, and I frequently tell her how silly I think she is for kneeling before that nonsense. Would I want her to change and share my views? Probably not, because I don't know how that would change her as a person. I have no idea if she could cope with the fact that this is a cold, empty universe with nothing to offer her after it's all said and done. I can see the glinting fear in her eyes at the mere prospect of nothingness at death.

So, I don't make it my mission to make her think the way I do. I just have fun by poking her in the ribs every now and then.
    You need a new hobby

Banned

THIS THREAD IS DARK SIDED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3mDLsyn6ns

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    ever notice how atheists say nothing offensive in muslim threads? They definitely went to catholic churches as kids and are "rebelling" now

this is a christian dominated western civilization. that is why christianity gets the bulk of the mocking... there isnt enough muslims or knowledge of islam to have the same kind of backlash against its foolishness

doesnt take take alot of brain power to realize that

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    You need a new hobby

He would play Xbox but his stepfather traded it for an 8-Ball.

NBA Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCool

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCool
    That woman is disgusting.