Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park shaq's--lakers's Avatar

Default Mark Cuban Destroying Skip Bayless And Steven A Smith

Last edited by shaq's--lakers; 06-22-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Mark Cuban Destroying Skip Bayless And and Steven A Smith

That was so awesome. Mark Cuban comes on there wearing a god damn smurf t shirt and just destroys Skip Bayless.

omg this is awesome

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

lmaooooo

"you have the presumption that people care what you say, they don't"

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Mark completely took them both to school. Props to him.

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Thanks Mark Cuban!

but honestly, anyone of us could've shut Skip up.. Skip's arguments are just idiotic..

NBA Superstar

I am regretful for not being able to watch YouTube clips right now. This certainly peaks my interest. The article mentioned a quote about Cuban suggesting his two year old could break down game tape the way ESPN analysts do. I am so glad someone stepped up to the plate and said something to this affect.

I like analysis when it's necessary, useful, and applicable. I don't like analysis when there's nothing of note to analyze. It seems regardless of what takes place in an NBA game, ESPN or NBA TV analysts are always ready and willing to give their extended, scripted takes of how, "Denver was able to get into the lane because they did a good job of penetrating and getting to the basket."

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

I hate skip but cuban has to acknowledge that lebron playing that bad wasnt just because of their defense.Mentally heat especially lebron werent ready.Of course they didnt execute the plays well however there is a mental part to the game too

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

who cares about Skip Brainless. Anybody can take this clown to school on basketball.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Cuban is right. We so often get into the drama of the game. I remember earlier in the year LeBron missed a three against Golden State and everyone fell into the narrative of LeBron being a choker. No one ever mentioned that David Lee defended the shot very well.

Dallas played some great defense and LeBron didn't play well. Maybe that's it and it doesn't require running a player down every day for a year.

By the way, Skip Bayless owes LeBron James some money.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    I hate skip but cuban has to acknowledge that lebron playing that bad wasnt just because of their defense.Mentally heat especially lebron werent ready.Of course they didnt execute the plays well however there is a mental part to the game too
    Yes everything else was on point but that was stupid on his part. He kind of sounded like he was trying to prop up his own team by saying it was pretty much all their defense. I've said it before that if people seriously think Lebron's underperformance was 100% attributed to the Dallas D, then that defense is the greatest of all time because there is absolutely no defense that has been able to hold down a star player that greatly below their normal play.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Skip, and Steven A. Smith aren't basketball analysts. They just come up with fan narratives, and try to get people emotionally worked up. There's nothing wrong with that, and it will probably always sell better than real analysis. It would be nice to see a coaches perspective on games represented, as an alternative. Some percentage of fans want to see the finer details analyzed, and gain more insight into the thinking behind the decisions made throughout the game. I'd like to see more commentary and debate on both broad coaching strategies, and finer tactical decisions made by the players.

Ask a black dude ThePointGuard11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    Skip, and Steven A. Smith aren't basketball analysts. They just come up with fan narratives, and try to get people emotionally worked up. There's nothing wrong with that, and it will probably always sell better than real analysis. It would be nice to see a coaches perspective on games represented, as an alternative. Some percentage of fans want to see the finer details analyzed, and gain more insight into the thinking behind the decisions made throughout the game. I'd like to see more commentary and debate on both broad coaching strategies, and finer tactical decisions made by the players.
    They're whores.

College superstar

I don't see him sonning Stephan A Smith anywhere. Skip only.