Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #31
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Default Re: Jon Stewart vs. Jim Cramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Anybody who gets investment advice from a cable news tv show which is basically a financially themed Gallagher routine deserves to lose their money.

That's what I don't get, I don't understand who watches these networks. If you want to watch the market that's what the interwebs are for.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:01 PM   #32
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Actually, Carlson brings up a number of good points in his article with regards to Stewart.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #33
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Anybody who gets investment advice from a cable news tv show which is basically a financially themed Gallagher routine deserves to lose their money.

That's not entirely accurate.

The fact is, Cramer effects the market, it's been proven. When he places a heavy buy recommendation on a specific company, that companys stock often shows immediate gains, especially if it's a smaller company.

The media, and shows on CNBC like "Fast Money", have a direct effect on stock prices... that's the problem. Especially when these shows are making bad reccomendations, and spreading misinformation.

Now, I agree that anyone who loses money by following Cramer (or similar media outlets) deserves to lose his/her money. However, the fact is, OTHER people (people who may have never even watch television) are losing money because of the misinformation these media outlets are spreading.
bdreason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #34
Younggrease
Banned

Cramer handled this wrong...He should have been like slow you roll...you dont talk to me like that especially someone with know background in finance and knows nothing of the market except what some monkeys wrote on you cue cards. All he had to do was put them off the cards and Stewart would have nothing to say. I lost a little respect for both men after this.

My pops is in banking and he said this was gonna happen in like 2002-2003. It wasnt like it was hard to figure out a ton of people saw this stuff coming. Its not just Cramer almost everyone with a brain saw this coming.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #35
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Actually, Carlson brings up a number of good points in his article with regards to Stewart.
I agree. I'm as Liberal as they come but I am sick and tired of people blindly following left-wing public figures while having the gaul to claim that it is the right-wingers who are the zealots and ideologues. If you're going to support your point of view or your political stance, then I'm all for it, but don't take a dump on my face and call it ice cream.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #36
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

That got got put in his place by Jon Stewart. I've never seen someone get owned that hard in an interview.
RoseCity07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:40 PM   #37
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

This quote from Carlson nicely sums up The Daily Show:

Quote:
The relationship between Stewart and the media is a marriage of the self-loathing and the self-loving: He insists their real news is fake, they insist his fake news is real. He doesn't take them seriously at all. They take him way too seriously. But nobody takes anybody as seriously as Jon Stewart takes himself.
Pretty spot on if you ask me. Tucker's still pretty clearly bitter about Crossfire, but he makes a few good points.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: