Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
gpfanz
National High School Star
 
gpfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,199
Default What happens to the NBA after Kobe retires?

If the only reason u still stick to the NBA is because u want to see him lose. What's next after he is gone???
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
RoTM
Local High School Star
 
RoTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,330
Default Re: What happens to the NBA after Kobe retires?

perpetual bliss?
RoTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,217
Default Re: What happens to the NBA after Kobe retires?

Here's hoping that Kobe is the last of the "hypesters". Nothing against him personally, but I could do without the star-diven league BS.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,818
Default Re: What happens to the NBA after Kobe retires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Here's hoping that Kobe is the last of the "hypesters". Nothing against him personally, but I could do without the star-diven league BS.
Yeah, I agree. But it wont happen. I doubt anyone actually is into the nba because they hate kobe. there are many people only into it because they love kobe (or bron or....). But most "haters" seem to be reasonable fans sick of the ****. THere are, of course, exceptions. most of the hardcore haters of one player tend to be huge fanboys of another player. In other words, they only hate to prop their own idol up.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
NBA4EVER
.
 
NBA4EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,643
Default Re: What happens to the NBA after Kobe retires?

after kobe retires, nba teams will play 82 games. 41 home and 41 away. the teams with the best records at the end of the season will play in this tournament called the "playoffs." Then teams will play a best of 7 series and whatever team wins that series goes onto the next round. After 3 rounds of the playoffs, the final 2 teams remaining will play in the NBA FINALS

Whoever wins the NBA Finals, that is your new nba champs. Then the offseason begins
NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
RoTM
Local High School Star
 
RoTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,330
Default Re: What happens to the NBA after Kobe retires?

The media wont be able to use him as a polarizing persona anymore, but they wont allow Lebron to go without the rival narrative for long. They need it to create the drama to get people to watch. The only question is who they are going to pick? I think they will have snubbed Wade too long by the time Kobe retires for it to be him. Kevin Durant perhaps?
RoTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:51 AM   #7
gpfanz
National High School Star
 
gpfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,199
Default Re: What happens to the NBA after Kobe retires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
after kobe retires, nba teams will play 82 games. 41 home and 41 away. the teams with the best records at the end of the season will play in this tournament called the "playoffs." Then teams will play a best of 7 series and whatever team wins that series goes onto the next round. After 3 rounds of the playoffs, the final 2 teams remaining will play in the NBA FINALS

Whoever wins the NBA Finals, that is your new nba champs. Then the offseason begins

U got ESP right?
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #8
bagelred
Stare
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 27,139
Default Re: What happens to the NBA after Kobe retires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpfanz
U got ESP right?

No silly, he's got ESPN!!!!!

good one bagel
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #9
moaz
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
moaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 777
Default Re: What happens to the NBA after Kobe retires?

What happens to Kobe after Kobe retires?
moaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #10
gpfanz
National High School Star
 
gpfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,199
Default Re: What happens to the NBA after Kobe retires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
No silly, he's got ESPN!!!!!

good one bagel

Big deal I got Star Sports
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #11
gpfanz
National High School Star
 
gpfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,199
Default Re: What happens to the NBA after Kobe retires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaz
What happens to Kobe after Kobe retires?

Shaq retires
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #12
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub
 
ZMonkey11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,866
Default Re: What happens to the NBA after Kobe retires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Here's hoping that Kobe is the last of the "hypesters". Nothing against him personally, but I could do without the star-diven league BS.

????? Well if you get your wish, say goodbye to the NBA. That would devastate the bottom line of the NBA. The league would collapse because no revenue is coming in, and we would all be stuck watching the WNBA.

No thanks.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #13
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,217
Default Re: What happens to the NBA after Kobe retires?

Quote:
but they wont allow Lebron to go without the rival narrative for long.
Try as they might, LeBron has no charisma. He has gotten possibly the largest marketing push of any athlete ever; despite that, even casual fans are getting board with him. His public personality has been choreographed; mostly everything he says and does sounds like it came off a public relations desk. Hence, the fuss when he "broke character" and "snubbed" the Magic by walking off the court. If it was, say, Mo Williams who did that, would anyone have even noticed? No way.

'Bron needs to be careful because he is dangerously close to becoming the ARod of basketball; a bloodless cadboard cut-out with no personality and who is operated like an industrial machine; a cash cow for the league, Nike, and himself.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #14
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,668
Default Re: What happens to the NBA after Kobe retires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Try as they might, LeBron has no charisma. He has gotten possibly the largest marketing push of any athlete ever; despite that, even casual fans are getting board with him. His public personality has been choreographed; mostly everything he says and does sounds like it came off a public relations desk. Hence, the fuss when he "broke character" and "snubbed" the Magic by walking off the court. If it was, say, Mo Williams who did that, would anyone have even noticed? No way.

'Bron needs to be careful because he is dangerously close to becoming the ARod of basketball; a bloodless cadboard cut-out with no personality and who is operated like an industrial machine; a cash cow for the league, Nike, and himself.

The Harris Poll was a nationwide survey of 2,177 U.S. adults conducted online June 8-15, 2009 by Harris Interactive.

The Top Ten Male Athletes (2008 ranking):
1. Tiger Woods, golf (1)
2. Michael Jordan, basketball (2)
3. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers (not among top 10)
4. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers (4)
5. Derek Jeter, New York Yankees (7)
6. Jeff Gordon, Nascar (5)
7. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts (6t)
8. Dale Earnhardt Jr., Nascar (6t)
9. Brett Favre, NFL (3)
10. Albert Pujols, St. Louis Cardinals (not among top 10).
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #15
kumquat
College superstar
 
kumquat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,254
Default Re: What happens to the NBA after Kobe retires?

So he's still behind michael jordan
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy