Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #61
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Default Re: Source: Laker's Offer to Odom Reduced

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
@ all these people saying they feel disrespected that Odom didn't jump at a 3yr x $9M deal ($27M total) . That was the best offer, not $10M per season, not 4yr $36M... the Lakers' standing offer is only 3yrs.

All he's asking for is a little more of a longer term commitment, and the Lakers refuse to give him that so far. If Odom leaves for Miami, it's justified.

He wants to return to LA and is giving them all the time in the world to improve their offer.

How do you know what is going on behind closed doors? Miami is offering him a 5 year deal worth the MLE, last I checked he's making less money in Miami then he otherwise would in LA. LA has a lot of fat contracts on their books for the next 3-4 years, with the recession and the luxury tax; I'm sure Doc does not want to commit himself when Lamar is turning 30 soon.

This is business, 3 year/27 million dollar contract is on the table, the previous offer had a clause for a 4th year I believe. If Lamar wanted to stay in LA, he could have signed long ago. That's a pretty generous offer to a player who is highly inconsistent. His previous offer ran sole off his potential, he is turning 30 years old soon and really has never evolved into a player that many people thought he could be when he was drafted.

He is a very valuable asset to the team no doubt, he ignites our whole bench. I'm sure if the recession wasn't here and our front office were not commited on paying 119 million every year to our current roster, Lamar would get more. But this current offer is in no way shape or form a low ball offer from LA. Maybe he's trying to milk an extra mill here or there, or an extra year. But I can completely understand Dr. Buss's concerns too.

Last edited by Story Up : 07-29-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Story Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #62
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story Up
How do you know what is going on behind closed doors? Miami is offering him a 5 year deal worth the MLE, last I checked he's making less money in Miami then he otherwise would in LA. LA has a lot of fat contracts on their books for the next 3-4 years, with the recession and the luxury tax; I'm sure Doc does not want to commit himself when Lamar is turning 30 soon.

This is business, 3 year/27 million dollar contract is on the table, the previous offer had a clause for a 4th year I believe. If Lamar wanted to stay in LA, he could have signed long ago. That's a pretty generous offer to a player who is highly inconsistent. His previous offer ran sole off his potential, he is turning 30 years old soon and really has never evolved into a player that many people thought he could be when he was drafted.

He is a very valuable asset to the team no doubt, he ignites our whole bench. I'm sure if the recession wasn't here and our front office were not commited on paying 119 million every year to our current roster, Lamar would get more. But this current offer is in no way shape or form a low ball offer from LA. Maybe he's trying to milk an extra mill here or there, or an extra year. But I can completely understand Dr. Buss's concerns too.
right back at you
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #63
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
right back at you

I'm drawing assumptions based on things I know.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:42 PM   #64
BFRESH44
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
right back at you

BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:49 PM   #65
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

No one knows what Lamar wants, people are drawing up their own conclusions. Do we really know why Lamar is taking so long? Is it really because he wants a longer contract? All I did was try to justify why Buss is hesistent to extend the deal or offer more money. Not trying to be a hypocrite here.

I'm pretty sure Lamar's original offer was 3 years at roughtly 9 million with a 4th year option for about 5-6 million. He still rejected it (or should I say his agent), that's more money then Miami is offering him over the 5 years.

If Lamar really wanted to stay in LA, he would have taken the original deal.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:33 PM   #66
AJ2k8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
Where do these $30/3yr and $36/4yr numbers come from?

The Lakers offered $27m/3yr.

LA Times keeps saying $30/3yr and $36/4yr i'm pretty sure
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #67
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Sign him already Buss!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #68
truethat23
I usually hit open layups

The Lakers organization is stupid if they are going to let both Ariza and Odom leave LA. The original plan was to keep both or to keep one. They need to man up and just pay Odom. They are going to need him if they want to repeat.
truethat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: