Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #61
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat coolAlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Let's discuss: What is your opinion on the drone attacks ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Oh, shut up.

If you justify the atomic attack then you also justify Iraq, Vietnam etc. to attack the US.

And the "unless you served in combat..."-rant is equal with a pile of shit. Being a puppet of a government doesn't make their words any more valid..

And that you mix up the Middle East with Afghanistan is really messed up and it shows how ignorant you are.
First of all, over 350 million people live in the Middle East, only 30 million of those live in Afghanistan. And Afghanistan is not a terrorist nation, it's a country where people suffer in horrible ways on daily basis due poverty and the rest of Middle East consist of alot of different nationalities.

Hell, the US even got 2 really close allies in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia and Israel, you're beyond stupid.

- Please explain to us all...how serving our nation makes one a puppet?...you sit and point your finger criticizing ...yet yourself never stepped into the battle?......

that doesn't make you a person who thinks for himself.....that makes you a B!tch.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

- U cant see me...nor anyone else that served our country.....like a little kid tugging at his daddy's shorts.....didn't you hear...Little Kids be quiet when grown ups are talking.

- even if you have not traveled the globe and seen other countries.....even if you have not seen and recognized how special our country is....it is still worth protecting no matter what your igorant mind believes.

- I justify one thing....an unwavering duty to my Brothers and sisters......even the cowards like you......

I am forever conscious of each American and by example will inspire him to the highest standards possible. I will strive to be patient, understanding, just, and firm. I will commend the deserving and encourage the wayward.

I will never forget that I am responsible to my Country for the morale, discipline, and efficiency of my men. Their performance and our Country will reflect an image of me.

- and this comes by leading and following....it comes with a high price and sacrifice.....kill or be killed...

That my son...is more important then anything.

Last edited by AlphaWolf24 : 10-23-2012 at 12:49 PM.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #62
joe
College superstar

joe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputation

Almost everyone in this thread completely takes for granted that the only way to deal with terrorists is military action. It's simply assumed that that's the best way to deal with them, no alternatives even mentioned, and from there you just discuss the best way to go about it. Drones or soldiers? Coke or Pepsi?

My opinion on the drones is, they should stop taking Obama and Romney's word for everything, and actually listen to what our enemies have to say. They say they attack us because we bomb and occupy their countries. How is more killing and more occupying going to solve the problem?
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #63
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
My opinion on the drones is, they should stop taking Obama and Romney's word for everything, and actually listen to what our enemies have to say. They say they attack us because we bomb and occupy their countries. How is more killing and more occupying going to solve the problem?

Joe, our enemies are people who assassinate 15 year-old girls who advocate for women's education and kill thousands of Muslims. Their agenda is far, far beyond just having the US not be in the Mideast. Who do they turn their attacks on once we leave? It would Muslims that feel are apostates, it would be against anyone who stands in their way.

Should force be the only aspect of this fight? No. But you seem to be saying there's role for force at all. I think most people would disagree.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #64
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Let's reverse the scenario for a second. Suppose there were terrorist groups in the US that were plotting to attack targets in Pakistan. Despite efforts by the government to destroy them these groups (much like gangs, organized crime, etc.) continue to exist. So Pakistan takes it upon itself to use drone aircraft to attack these groups on US soil, occasionally killing American civilians in the process. Wouldn't a large number of Americans consider this an act of war, an unlawful invasion of their sovereignty, despite how they may feel about the terrorist groups themselves?

Or let's just use the gang scenario. Suppose our government decides the best way to rid L.A. of gangs is to kill the gang members with drones. Occasionally intelligence errs and a family in Compton gets blown to smithereens. I don't think people would tolerate that for long.

thats a good point and i'm going to give a unjustified answer. we do it because we can. they couldn't do that to us because they don't have the leverage. its a perk for being the most powerful country in the world. we've also worked with Pakistan on taking out terrorist targets in their country but we quickly lost trust in them and for good reason. the Bin Laden incident reinforced we can't trust Pakistan's government as things are.

i'm sure they're not going to like it, but theres not much they can do. Citizens of LA wouldn't like if we did a very harsh crackdown on LA gangs with innocent casualties but i'd figure if that were to ever happen the circumstances would be dire, like 'Escape from NY' type of gang takeover situation where our government saw fit to go to those extremes.

what i'm trying to say is if the situation dictates it as our only reasonable recourse to protect ourselves, then so be it, even if innocent lives are lost in the process. otherwise the only alternative is doing nothing and letting them plot and hide safely in foreign countries, since we sure can't rely on Pakistan or some other governments to protect us from their extremists. that to me is the bottom line with all of this justification talk.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: