Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    Deity ★ Persona Hoodlum Science's Avatar

Default Re: Overrated rap albums commonly thought highly of...

*Bumped for accuracy*

Anything by J.Cole.

NBA lottery pick

Gkmc

Carter 2 is a classic. From front to back I dont think I ever skip a track. If we're talkin wayne, carter 1 and carter 3 are way more overrated imo. His most underrated album has to be im not a human being part 1.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Gkmc
    Easily the best album to come out in a long time.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic DOG

those would be my nominations
    Go fck yourself

The Slim Shady LP - Eminem
    I used to love this album. Now I think it's Eminem's worst album not titled Encore. Almost every song is just him showing his lyrical skills with 0 substance. There are only a few songs worth replaying; the rest are only good for an occasional kickback to appreciate the lyricism.

Good Kid, M.A.A.D City - Kendrick Lamar
    I bought this album a few days ago on iTunes and I regret it so much. What a waste of $. I'm from the West Coast, so please believe Kendrick is kind of like a big deal around these parts. I purchased this album after months of hearing friends, co-workers, etc., talk about how great it is. To be frank, only the singles that went nationwide on the radio are worthy of a listen. Like Em's TSSLP, this album showcases Kendrick's elite level lyricism, but pretty much every song is about a whole lot of nothing. He'll share stories of life in the SoCal ghettos, sure, but after a few tracks it became obvious to me that Kendrick really had nothing to talk about. And the two songs featuring Dr. Dre are just -worthy. All that studio money forked over to the Almighty D-R-E and just lousy beats with decent rhyming to show for it.

The R.E.D Album - The Game
    I've always thought The Game was one of those rappers who can't make an album without guest starring multiple artists on multiple tracks, but Game took it to a new level with this. I think of the ~22 songs on this album, he only did 5 without featuring someone else... And those were easily the 5 worst in there. On top of that, he uses the same tired subject matter as always: Compton, cruising in SoCal while paying homage to rap legends, and gang life. He'll mention Blood affiliation so much that it seems like he's just trying to convince himself that money hasn't changed him. Then he HAS to name drop everyone in the industry. He'll praise everyone about everything. It gets irritating.

nothing was tha same
    magna carta holy fail
    take care
    and many otherz...
    rap today iz overrated meaning everything that iz mainstream

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    Easily the best album to come out in a long time.
    I like some songs but you saying that is what makes it overrated lol

If a rap album is commonly thought highly of then it can't possibly be overrated. It's impossible.

Just because you don't personally like a certain album it does not mean that album is overrated, it just means you're a dumbass. Don't like Illmatic? You're a dumbass. Don't like GKMC? You're a dumbass. Don't like the Chronic? You're a dipshit loser.

Get over yourselves. None of these albums are overrated. Just a bunch of dumbasses with poor taste in this thread.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    The Slim Shady LP - Eminem
    I used to love this album. Now I think it's Eminem's worst album not titled Encore. Almost every song is just him showing his lyrical skills with 0 substance. There are only a few songs worth replaying; the rest are only good for an occasional kickback to appreciate the lyricism.

Good Kid, M.A.A.D City - Kendrick Lamar
    I bought this album a few days ago on iTunes and I regret it so much. What a waste of $. I'm from the West Coast, so please believe Kendrick is kind of like a big deal around these parts. I purchased this album after months of hearing friends, co-workers, etc., talk about how great it is. To be frank, only the singles that went nationwide on the radio are worthy of a listen. Like Em's TSSLP, this album showcases Kendrick's elite level lyricism, but pretty much every song is about a whole lot of nothing. He'll share stories of life in the SoCal ghettos, sure, but after a few tracks it became obvious to me that Kendrick really had nothing to talk about. And the two songs featuring Dr. Dre are just -worthy. All that studio money forked over to the Almighty D-R-E and just lousy beats with decent rhyming to show for it.

The R.E.D Album - The Game
    I've always thought The Game was one of those rappers who can't make an album without guest starring multiple artists on multiple tracks, but Game took it to a new level with this. I think of the ~22 songs on this album, he only did 5 without featuring someone else... And those were easily the 5 worst in there. On top of that, he uses the same tired subject matter as always: Compton, cruising in SoCal while paying homage to rap legends, and gang life. He'll mention Blood affiliation so much that it seems like he's just trying to convince himself that money hasn't changed him. Then he HAS to name drop everyone in the industry. He'll praise everyone about everything. It gets irritating.

Yikes got to disagree heavily on your take of the slim shady LP. The only thing I agree with you on the amazing lyricism.

97 Bonnie & Clyde- is a classic track and it's lyrically one of the worst if not the worst song on the album. But it told a deranged story that is oddly layered and just plain creepy. Gets creepier with every listen.

If I had- again not a lyricall masterpiece but a side of eminems story telling that we never got to see after this album, being dead broke and wishing/day dreaming for things to turn around.

Rock Bottom- same as above, if you ever think you've hit rock bottom or are just going through something hard, this song was for you.

I list those 3 songs b/c they are lyrically weak but carry a deeper meaning.

Then you have songs like As The World Turns & Brain damage with amazin lyricism and story telling coupled with tracks like Role Model, Still don't give a **** & Bad meets Evil, *** on everybody that lyrically are on point with any eminem song and feature his comical sadistic story telling.

Ya TSSLP def a classic, an updated/better produced version of the slim shady ep minus a few songs. This album has a little of everything for a fan of eminem. And IMO his best radio single.. My name is
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 09-29-2013 at 10:57 PM.

MCHG (all of Jay's albums tbh)
    The Chronic
    It's Dark and Hell is Hot