Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: Manu Ginobili out through playoffs, back next season

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
    I still dont believe that san antonio is done.. They have two finals mvp in their roster in Tim Duncan and Tony Parker... no they don't have their big three, but spurs have always worked with less in terms of established names and talents... I wouldn't put their title chances at a high possibility but i would not count them out either...
    When they won their last few titles, Manu was a very integral piece to the puzzle and they likely would not have won any of those without him. I still think they will keep things competitive, but in the end they just wont have enough

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by shortlunatic
    again, you must not have watched any nuggets b ball at all this year to be bringing up the 8th seed nuggets team of last year n comparing them to the 2nd seed nuggets team of this year. Not only has billups helped this team defensively, but Nene is now fully healthy, and J.R. is really starting to emerge as a solid player. I dint get to watch the game this year against LA, but last i heard, J.R. did a good job of guarding Kobe. Not saying Nuggets will beat LA, but u are really snoozing if you think they are anything like they were last year.
    Yes, he did a great job defending Kobe. Just look at his averages in last year's playoffs.

35+ PPG, Just because you love the Nuggets doesn't mean you have to be delusional and say J.R Smith shut him down.

This season
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281101007

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281121013

Quote Originally Posted by iTruWarrior
    Yes, he did a great job defending Kobe. Just look at his averages in last year's playoffs.

35+ PPG, Just because you love the Nuggets doesn't mean you have to be delusional and say J.R Smith shut him down.

This season
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281101007

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281121013
    I think JR smith is a mediocre defender at best. However the nuggets also picked up Donte Jones at SG and he is a fantastic defender. He completely shut down Roy a few times this season.

I doubt he can shut down Kobe though

Wow, bad news for the Spurs...but he was banged up last year as well and they still made it to the WCF.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    I think JR smith is a mediocre defender at best. However the nuggets also picked up Donte Jones at SG and he is a fantastic defender. He completely shut down Roy a few times this season.

I doubt he can shut down Kobe though
    Mediocre is a good word to describe his defense. I'm not saying he's sub par defenisvely, I'm just saying he's not that good. He's probably an average defender.

Again, average defense doesn't shut down Kobe. As a matter of fact elite man to man defense doesn't even stop Kobe.

College star

Well, 2009 won't be the spurs, Maybe 2010 will be the first even Spurs title.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    When they won their last few titles, Manu was a very integral piece to the puzzle and they likely would not have won any of those without him. I still think they will keep things competitive, but in the end they just wont have enough
    don't get me wrong, i understand the importance of manu ginobili, notice i labeled him as part of the big 3. but people have gone as far as labeling ginobili as the 2nd best SG in the NBA and he is far from it. Spurs are built around defense and smart players. with the core of duncan and parker, spurs will still have a chance at the ring. guys like mason and especially the veteran players on the roster has to step it up... the regular season performances will not be acceptable come playoff time... again i believe their chances are slim but i would not count them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
    don't get me wrong, i understand the importance of manu ginobili, notice i labeled him as part of the big 3. but people have gone as far as labeling ginobili as the 2nd best SG in the NBA and he is far from it. Spurs are built around defense and smart players. with the core of duncan and parker, spurs will still have a chance at the ring. guys like mason and especially the veteran players on the roster has to step it up... the regular season performances will not be acceptable come playoff time... again i believe their chances are slim but i would not count them out.
    The thing is, Mason is not anything like Manu. Sure he has range, but Manu has range, ball handling, and can finish in the paint. He also has a ton of experience which is unmeasurable. I know you understand Manu's importance, but I do think you are underrating his impact here a bit.

Because they are a solidly built team, they will keep it competitive, but I really dont think they can take out the Lakers or C's and Cavs w/o Manu. The thing is Manu really creates havoc for the defense of opposing teams and really opens the lanes for TD and Parker. But even a Manu-less Spurs squad is still a handful for any team, just gonna be hard in those game 6 and 7's w/o him

Banned

Default Re: NBA Rumors: Ginobili done for playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I really don't think this changes the WC playoff picture all that much, to be honest. The Spurs were going to win a maximum of one playoff series, imho.

Still... It is never good for the NBA when a star player gets knocked out for the season.
    agreed...the only team I was/am worried about is NOH...

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I really don't think this changes the WC playoff picture all that much, to be honest. The Spurs were going to win a maximum of one playoff series, imho.

Its obvious you have little respect for the Spurs' 4 championships. They were a lock for WCF or Finals appearance with Manu. Seriously.. take a history lesson on Spurs Basketball, kid.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    agreed...the only team I was/am worried about is NOH...
    you mean the team the spurs beat last year in the playoffs?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
    you mean the team the spurs beat last year in the playoffs?
    yes...thats the team I mean. I was very happy when SAS beat them last year
    Last edited by Younggrease; 04-06-2009 at 10:47 PM.

I know the Spurs play their best ball in the playoffs, but I think they're done. I predict they'll be out in the first round. Manu is their heart and soudl.

The Hornet's would be a favorable match up, but I don't see them beating Portland, even though Portland's roster has no playoff experience. I think Portland's youth, and athleticism would give the Spurs a lot of trouble.

I rule the local playground

I guess my Spurs/Orlando prediction is out the window.

Utah/Orlando final!! ;)

Damn this really ****ing sucks.

Alright Tony Parker. It's time to prove why you were give a Finals MVP. As for everybody else, they better step up. Roger Mason, Drew Gooden, Bruce Bowen, Ime Udoka, its time to step up.

I really don't like how people are saying they will be elimnated in the First Round or even Second Round. Come on guys, the Spurs played without Manu for damn near half the Season, and they kept that Second Seed the whole time with Teams like the Nuggets and Rockets right on their heels. Pop is way too good a Coach and the Spurs have way too much talent and experience to just crumble down because of an injury. Do I think we will win a Championship? No. Do I think we will be eliminated in the First Round? Hell No! Who the hell is going to eliminate us? The Rockets? The Mavs? The struggling Hornets? Psh please. The Lakers are the only Team that can really face us head on and eliminate us.

With all this said, I have faith in my Spurs. This is my Team and I am going to support them all the way. Go Spurs Go!