Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Official UCLA Bruins Thread:

UCLA really doesn't look great. I couldn't believe they were ranked this high considering the guys they lost. I would say that this is maybe a Sweet 16 team, but if those freshman come along they could be explosive. If UCLA wants to even make it to the Sweet 16, though, they need to play really good team defense.

1-3-1 killed us. This team is way too young and inexperienced, but I'm glad the loss came early. Hopefully the young guys learn from this and grow fast so we can have a nice effort to make our 4th final four in a row, but I can not see that happening. Elite 8 is the furthest this team can go.

Learning to shoot layups parkespapa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monthh
    UCLA really doesn't look great. I couldn't believe they were ranked this high considering the guys they lost. I would say that this is maybe a Sweet 16 team, but if those freshman come along they could be explosive. If UCLA wants to even make it to the Sweet 16, though, they need to play really good team defense.
    Their lack of offense will keep many games close, so in addition to good team defense, they will need to figure out ways to win close games.

I called this upset last night. My friend a UCLA alum/fanatic. hahahaaaaa

Sweeeeet.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    1-3-1 killed us. This team is way too young and inexperienced, but I'm glad the loss came early. Hopefully the young guys learn from this and grow fast so we can have a nice effort to make our 4th final four in a row, but I can not see that happening. Elite 8 is the furthest this team can go.
    Yup

National High School Star

hard to watch

Nice job by the Bruins to open this game up and get a 9 point lead. DC leading the way, big surprise there. Our young guys need to grow up, and grow up fast, but hey, at least this squad will be sick next year with the addition of Tyler Honeycutt.

qrich what journalism path you following...print, online, or magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    qrich what journalism path you following...print, online, or magazine?
    Print is the main one with online as well. Avoiding magazines, the AP Stylebook is annoying enough as it is for print, I don't want to deal with different ones for magazines

I talked to a counselor at Pierce, they said I could probably work to transfer to 'Cuse in a couple of years since they have one of the best journalism programs in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Print is the main one with online as well. Avoiding magazines, the AP Stylebook is annoying enough as it is for print, I don't want to deal with different ones for magazines

I talked to a counselor at Pierce, they said I could probably work to transfer to 'Cuse in a couple of years since they have one of the best journalism programs in the nation.
    Nice.

I thought about print, but jobs are getting so scarce for it. Online is supposedly the future of journalism. And yeah 'Cuse is tops in the nation. If you can get in, congrats. Bob Costas, Marv Albert, and Mike Tirico all came from 'Cuse. Price was just too much for my taste, and wanted to stay home. Not sure if I would have got in either, but didn't apply so I guess I'll never know

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Nice.

I thought about print, but jobs are getting so scarce for it. Online is supposedly the future of journalism. And yeah 'Cuse is tops in the nation. If you can get in, congrats. Bob Costas, Marv Albert, and Mike Tirico all came from 'Cuse. Price was just too much for my taste, and wanted to stay home. Not sure if I would have got in either, but didn't apply so I guess I'll never know
    Nowadays, you gotta diversify yourself. Cant just focus on one section. Journalist nowadays go on TV and discuss sports or make videos from a foreign place and just talk about sports.

I got to talk to some sports writers about writing (Tim Cowlishaw and Jean Jacque Taylor of the Dallas Morning News) when I was contemplating journalism.

Not really "talk" to them but I won best sports news story two years in a row (back to back champ baby) and sports writers from the newspaper talked to HS students about journalism. Basically, you gotta diversify yourself in college. Make sure to take broadcast journ classes too.

I'm sure you know a lot about it but prepare to work for a sh!tty newspaper when you get out of college.

Haven't uploaded this in a while. Bruins are now ranked #13 with a solid 9-2 record. Have one game left pre Conference play, which should be a blow out as its against the Louisianna Tech Bulldogs, who are 6-6. Last game was a 113-62 blowout against the Cowboys from Wyoming, who dropped to 9-2.

Mike Roll dropped 25 points on 5-7 behind the arc, Collison had 19/7 and was 7-8 from the field.

So, with Rolls good game, in the past 3, he is averaging: 17.7 points on 76.4% from behind the arc.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Is Darren Collison really Benjamin Button? This kat seems to be shrinking and looking younger every time I see him. Happened to flip past the UCLA vs Louisiana Tech game and thought it was a high school game for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Nowadays, you gotta diversify yourself. Cant just focus on one section. Journalist nowadays go on TV and discuss sports or make videos from a foreign place and just talk about sports.

I got to talk to some sports writers about writing (Tim Cowlishaw and Jean Jacque Taylor of the Dallas Morning News) when I was contemplating journalism.

Not really "talk" to them but I won best sports news story two years in a row (back to back champ baby) and sports writers from the newspaper talked to HS students about journalism. Basically, you gotta diversify yourself in college. Make sure to take broadcast journ classes too.

I'm sure you know a lot about it but prepare to work for a sh!tty newspaper when you get out of college.
    I'll be taking some broadcast classes before I graduate too. But a lot of colleges want you to pick a direction by your junior year whether it's print, online, or magazine.

But yeah I'm prepared for that [COLOR="Black"]s[/COLOR]hitty newspaper.

[QUOTE]CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP)