Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Am I the one of the few who think Kobe deserved the MVP over CP3?

A lot of people say CP3 was robbed of his MVP in 2008 and that Kobe didn't deserve it, as much as I hate Kobe, I believe Kobe really deserved that MVP over CP3.

First of all, Kobe was a better player in 2008 than CP3. CP3 was rising to superstardom, but Kobe was still in the last year of his prime, and had outplayed CP3 in head to head matchups.

Secondly, Kobe's team was not more superior to CP3's team. Kobe's team comprised mainly of Odom and Gasol whom the Lakers received in midseason, and they still won more game than the Hornets who had prime David West, Tyson Chandler, and Peja.

Third, Kobe played outstanding bball that year. His best year IMO. He learned to trust his teammates, play within his limits, and played efficiently while providing good defense. It was the last year in the NBA where he was still the best before being surpassed by Lerbron in 2009.

Default Re: Am I the one of the few who think Kobe deserved the MVP over CP3?

You're not alone dude, you're part of a special group, people who understand basketball

Last edited by Mr. Jabbar; 05-09-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    You're not alone dude, you're part of a special group, people who understand greatness
    Kobe Bryant - Best player in the NBA - 2006-2008

Who cares? According to Kobe-tards the MVP means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by black&scholes
    A lot of people say CP3 was robbed of his MVP in 2008 and that Kobe didn't deserve it
    Barely anybody said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Barely anybody said that.

actually alot of people do

Now a Cavs fan again

Paul was definitely better than Kobe that year and did more with less. Kobe had a far superior supporting cast and won just one more game.

Paul: 21/4/12 on 49 FG% and a 28.3 PER
    Kobe: 28/6/5 on 46 FG% and a 24.2 PER

Paul was clearly the better player and had much more of an impact on his team. If Kobe was on that Hornets team, no way they'd have won 56 games.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I wouldnt say Paul was robbed. Jordan was robbed in 97. 69 wins, best player in the league, and all that?

Paul was the MVP....but not by a mile. It was pretty even.

Kobe never had one of those years that just screamed MVP. Numbers on a bad team like tmac or good but not crazy numbers on a team that would have been solid without him. He never like...drug a shitty team to crazy wins or did "My god..." numbers on a good team.

Compared to all the swingman MVPs? Jordans 5, Lebrons 4, Birds 3, and Docs 1?

Kobes 08 season probably comes in 13th...

If you throw in all guards period?

Add Magics 3, Oscars 1, Rose, AI and Nash?

18th or 19 best of like...21?

Kobe never had that magical season...unless PPG is magical no matter the results.

Which some people think. Which is fine. It was...special. I came home shocked by some of those 06 and 07 totals. But he wouldnt win any of the last 30 MVPs with those seasons.

Kobe is a better player than his MVP worthiness suggests. But fact remains...hes not had many strong cases to be MVP. I think he was like...3rd, then won, and was second a mile behind Bron...then maybe 5th?

It rarely all came together for Kobe MVP wise.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 05-09-2013 at 09:36 PM.

NBA Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I wouldnt say Paul was robbed. Jordan was robbed in 97. 69 wins, best player in the league, and all that?

Kobe never had one of those years that just screamed MVP. Numbers on a bad team like tmac or good but not crazy numbers on a team that would have been solid without him. He never like...drug a shitty team to crazy wins or did "My god..." numbers on a good team.

Kobe never had that magical season...unless PPG is magical no matter the results.

Which some people think. Which is fine. It was...special. I came home shocked by some of those 06 and 07 totals. But he wouldnt win any of the last 30 MVPs with those seasons.

Kobe is a better player than his MVP worthiness suggests. But fact remains...hes not had many strong cases to be MVP. I think he was like...3rd, then won, and was second a mile behind Bron...then maybe 5th?

This.

Quote Originally Posted by black&scholes
    actually alot of people do
    A few idiots on ISH doesn't count.

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar

Kobe was never the MVP of the Lakers, then how could he be the MVP of the league

Quote Originally Posted by Nashty
    Kobe was never the MVP of the Lakers, then how could he be the MVP of the league

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Kobe's 35 PPG was historic in the new modern era. Everyone needs to start to come to grips with it.

Let me know the next time a player averages 40 ppg over a month, 35 ppg over a season, and their team still makes the playoffs and threatens a series win over a far superior team.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I forgot Bob cousys MVP....but **** Bob Cousys MVP.

^
    Said it.