Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Rajon Rondo

What do you think it would cost the raptors to acquire him?
and would we want him to be our pg?

He has a reasonable contract for the next 3 years (after this year) and he has proven himself a near-elite pg.

if boston is truly looking to move him maybe we should take a crack.

I don't see us filling our pg hole with a better player through fa, trade or draft.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rajon Rondo

Calderon, Derozan and our first rounder.

I wouldn't be mad.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's clearly better than anyone on the team currently so that should tell you something. It depends on if the Raptors can get another piece as good as him to actually try to win something significant. Rondo plus this current Raptors team minus whatever they trade for him wouldn't be anything scary.

To me, there is no one good enough on the Raptors to call "untouchable". But the two assets I'd be most hesitant to trade right now are:

1. Valanciunas
2. The 2012 1st rounder. But only if the Raptors win the lottery (Anthony Davis). If they don't, that pick obviously loses a lot of value immediately.

The problem is that the Raptors have very little to offer Boston outside of those two things, assuming Boston would be rebuilding then.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Raptors should never trade away this year's first round pick. The next year is fine. I would trade Caderon and a bunch of higher potential players for Rondo though.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I would trade Caderon and a bunch of higher potential players for Rondo though.
The only player on the Raptors that fits that description is Valanciunas.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

I think we could offer Boston an interesting package.
We'd probably have to take back an expiring contract (KG or Ray) for option 1.

Option 1
Calderon
Bargs
Derozan

Option 2
Calderon
Davis
Derozan
2013 first rounder

Boston is definitely heading into rebuild. Rondo is probably the last guy they should trade but the only one with real value.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Boston doesn't want him without the stars around him.

I think that tells you something.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #8
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Boston doesn't want him without the stars around him.

I think that tells you something.

This may be hyperbole but I still see him as the Shawn Marion of PG's. Elite stats but not good enough to warrant selling the farm for and then building around. The guy's a douchebag anyway.

With that being said, as mentioned the Raps don't have the assets to acquire him and Ainge will be asking for a huge return (hoping some GM looks at the stats and overvalues Rondo).
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #9
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
This may be hyperbole but I still see him as the Shawn Marion of PG's. Elite stats but not good enough to warrant selling the farm for and then building around. The guy's a douchebag anyway.

With that being said, as mentioned the Raps don't have the assets to acquire him and Ainge will be asking for a huge return (hoping some GM looks at the stats and overvalues Rondo).

All I'm saying is that is quite obvious if the Celts are looking to deal him that they feel that without the leadership Garnett and Allen provide he's too much work to keep around (in terms of attitude and off court stuff), relative to the talent.

That's not a good fit with this Raptors team as its currently constituted, and will likely be constituted in the next couple years.

Boston's not the Clippers. They're a well run ship. If they're looking to deal a guy like Rondo, I'd give that one the stink eye.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Isn't he some sort of headcase?
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #11
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Calderon, Derozan and our first rounder.

I wouldn't be mad.

to the post above no, this headcase thing has been massively overblown. he only had some of his ego bumping doc's for a few weeks.
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #12
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Raptors could get Rondo with Bargnani- shouldn't but could. I thought Rondo + kg for Bargnani + calderon is a trade Boston should have been going for. I'd rather see Lin + Amare for Bargnani + Calderon
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #13
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Amare is boiled up and Lin is horribly inefficient, gimme Rondo even without KG over those 2.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #14
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Amare is boiled up and Lin is horribly inefficient, gimme Rondo even without KG over those 2.
I guess I should have clarified that I wanted to see that trade as a fan of Carmelos and Bargnani and of the idea of teaming those 2 up. The only reason I see bargs/calderon/kleiza for amare/lin as a good trade possibly for the Raptors franchise is the fact that you could add a lot of hype and excitment while still building slowly. If the raptors got the #1 pick Anthony Davis then they would still have one more shot the following season at grabbing another top 10ish pick. Then Amare is traded or off the books before davis or Val come up for big deals, and lin because hed be locked in at an mle price and it isn't the year to grab a pg in the draft
-------------------
My only real point is that the Celtics would give Rondo for bargnani in a second but that would not be a good trade for the raptors
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: