Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Byron Scott: "Not sure if Dwight is serious about winning"

Kobe and Dwight clashed during their one-season stint as teammates in 2012-13. And Byron Scott believes he knows why.

"My outside perspective is Kobe is a real serious guy and wants to win championships," Scott said. "I don't know if Dwight is that serious about it. I know No. 24 is. I think that probably was the clash."

Howard has faced the Lakers three times since joining the Rockets in July 2013, but because Bryant has missed those matchups because of injuries, Tuesday's game will mark the first time both players will face each other since Howard left Los Angeles.

Scott predicted that Howard would "love to beat the crap out of us."

Bryant said that Howard obviously would try to play well, but he dismissed the notion that the matchup meant more because of Howard's presence.

"Why would it?" Bryant asked, rhetorically.

Last season, Bryant recalled "constant tension" with Howard.

"Dwight wanted to do it one way, which he felt was effective. I wanted to do it another way," Bryant said last November.

Lakers guard Jeremy Lin, who played with Howard last season, tried not to place blame on either side.

"One thing I have heard from both ends is (Howard) probably came back a little too early (from back surgery) and wasn't able to be himself," Lin added Monday. "Beyond that, I really don't know much of anything."

link

Miami Thrice = Dynasty FlashDwyaneWade3's Avatar

Default Re: Byron Scott: "Not sure if Dwight is serious about winning"

Can't take any of Kobe's motivation when Dwight publicly asked him push him to the limit and left the Lakers, not asking Kareem to help him on his game Kareem offered and not using the moves Hakeem taught him so he went back to his old ways on offense. It's making him a turnover machine. i'd say Dwight is really not serious about Championships.

If Dwight was serious about winning he wouldn't have joined the Rockets

Miami Thrice = Dynasty FlashDwyaneWade3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    If Dwight was serious about winning he wouldn't have joined the Rockets
    And he's still not serious in Houston.

Agree with Ric Bucher. I think the Dwight bashing is just getting way out of hand...ok, we get it already....

Byron Scott just seems like a dumb dude. I know he's just saying it because he hates Dwight. Why not just let the people know what you really think of him? A lot of fans/media say he has no work ethic and is just a lazy guy who sits on his bum all day. He's actually a pretty hard worker. At the end of the day if you really think about it, what was he suppose to say? He's just puckering up to his new boss and hopes he doesn't get canned like Mr. Potato Head and Pringles guy.
    Last edited by Smook A.; 10-27-2014 at 09:45 PM.

I can agree with B-Scott. You just watch a game in which Dwight is playing. You can see the half hearted efforts on plays, especially on defense.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Byron Scott just seems like a dumb dude. I know he's just saying it because he hates Dwight. Why not just let the people know what you really think of him? A lot of fans/media say he has no work ethic and is just a lazy guy who sits on his bum all day. He's actually a pretty hard worker. At the end of the day if you really think about it, what was he suppose to say? He's just puckering up to his new boss and hopes he doesn't get canned like Mr. Potato Head and Pringles guy.
    he just needs to shut up. no need to talk about anyone other then your own guys. it was a dumb move for sure not sure over all though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Key words: outside perspective.

Dwight is serious about Disney. He outta be in pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    I can agree with B-Scott. You just watch a game in which Dwight is playing. You can see the half hearted efforts on plays, especially on defense.
    A lot of people would say the same thing about Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Dwight doesn't have 5 rings

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Dwight doesn't have 5 rings
    A real leader leads by example. Nobody is gonna take Kobe seriously when he criticizes them if they see him playing free safety on defense the entire night.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease TMacYaoRockets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Dwyane Wade is also lazy on defense.

Very good NBA starter

I think he's serious about winning, he plays lots of games and minutes and seems to try his hardest... I just don't feel he's serious enough to get out of his comfort zone in order to win... if that makes any sense... One could argue that in effect makes him not serious about winning, and I wouldn't disagree, but I feel he's naturally limited. He's got a clear ceiling... He has the mentality that he wants to be the #1 option or that he's some instant-HOF'er, but he doesn't have the tools to do that (for a championship team), he's not a playmaker with great court vision nor is his game versatile or multi-dimensional. 10+ seasons into his career and he's still incredibly turnover and foul prone. Still has no shooting range to speak of and he's become predictable. Part of me feels it's not fair to judge Dwight for something he'll probably never be (a top-25 ish kind of big man), another part of me feels it's on Dwight to change that.