Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2k14

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2k14

From the gameplay perspective? lol, yes. In replay you can see the difference in the detail, but who the hell watches through replays?

Next gen is obviously going to look better, particularly this year. Still not that far behind... And a better crowd makes a world of difference. Never thought it would.

Also the new controls are impossibly difficult to figure out for me.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 10-20-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Was going to get it but decided to wait until next gen because I don't have to time to play it now anyway.

Well I got bored waiting so I downloaded the PC version last night. Never played the PC version before, but my god the modding is insane. You can redo the rosters, physics, courts, crowds, and everything. Just a few mods and the shit already looks like next gen... Why did no one tell me about this? Tho, I can't find a cd key so no online.
    Because 2k treats the pc users like an unwanted step child.

Wow. I dropped 37 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds, 5 steals, and 5 blocks with my point guard for my first A+ game in the clinching game of the NBA Finals and the game froze during the championship trophy presentation. Played it again, got no where near that statline, still won, game froze again. What is this, like the third year and a row the same ****ing bug has been an issue? ****ing 2k. Guess I'm not beating this until we get an update.

National High School Star

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5twy1o46YKA

I'm curious to find out wether the next gen version will simply be a port with better graphics, or a different beast.

I've read various opinions but does anyone know anything with a little more foundation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5twy1o46YKA

I'm curious to find out wether the next gen version will simply be a port with better graphics, or a different beast.

I've read various opinions but does anyone know anything with a little more foundation?
    2K devs said it's not a port and is an entirely new game. It was built from the ground up for next gen.

A bunch of news actually came out today:

The first thing you need to know, NBA 2K14 is not a port. It has been built from the ground up for the new hardware with a new engine called "Eco Motion."

The game will feature much improved graphics, with additional details like leg tattoos, new celebrations, hairstyles, and facial hair.

2K will be focusing its efforts on four main pillars of gameplay: NBA Today, MyCAREER, MyTEAM, and MyGM.

NBA Today is brand new, built from the ground up. Video highlights from previous days games will be shown with the menu looking like a scoreboard w/ all games listed.

All your NBA news connected on your console updated daily. This is all driven by Dynamic Living Rosters - which is adjust daily based on how players are performing in the real world.

Points of emphasis has been added to the game, which is a feature last saw in the old College Hoops franchise. No warmup outfit for bench players, but the crowds look much better. There are now less duplicates in the crowd. FYI the gameplay clip we saw was only 4 possessions.

Little imperfections of dirt on the backboard tells you all you need to know about the attention to detail. 2K built a material library. It looks like 2K took each arena and really upgraded them.

Details shown at scorers table. A thumbprint on a monitor is shown. Redid the scoreboards in each arena and the lighting in each arena, it is a small but definitely noticeable improvement.

Now showing off the new LED dynamic lighting system. Just stunning. Scoreboard lights are dynamic and showcase reflections.

2K actually measured the color temperature of lights and count the number of lights and manufacturer of lights.

2K now showcasing Kobe Bryant getting head scanned. Kobe hung around while they built his model and his reaction was "GTFO here"

Watching Lebron face map. Asking him to make intense faces. Can’t lie the game has his and Kobe’s face down. KD’s and Iguodala face maps. Both look great. Even have KD’s bad skin.

The team captured and head scanned constantly working around NBA schedules to capture nearly every player in the NBA. Hundreds of players with thousands of expressions you will see in the game. Showcasing art of those now. This is photo realism.

2K captured nearly every player in the NBA. Parker looks great. Have Amare haircut with brown streak. Ray Allen looks great.

Gameplay

Mike Wang is on and speaking about elevating the game harnessing the tech. Primarily in physics and animations. Foot planting clips shown.

Wang is talking about Ecomotion. Foot planting. No sliding or phantom steps. Showed difference between cur and next gen. It looks great. Really no sliding. Now showing dribbling. Ball actually rotates while dribbling which is not in current gen.

Now speaking to ball handling. Eco Motion allows them to track true physics. Ball spinning when dribbling, ball in hands. Tangible object.

New animation system. Guys will have real life wingspans. New KD shoes look great.

Mike speaks about animation synthesis, Eco Motion - based on physics and situation, animations will change. With animation synthesis, animations will change based on circumstances. If KD takes a shot and D is guarding him tight, anim will change on the fly.

The game feels alive. For example, a shooter won't land the same way two times. Animation will adapt to the situation. Truly incredible stuff here.

AI

Coaches will adapt to what is happening in the game. So game plans will dynamically change based on what other teams are doing.

Rob talks about points of emphasis. Every coach will have its own ai and strategize based on how the game is going.

There are nine different options on offense and defense to strategize how to defend or attack your opponent.

Emotion Plus

Emotion Plus will categorize all the players personalities. For example, Kobe is an Alpha Dog. He wants the ball, he's fierce.

"Human emotions translate into performance. Every player has personality, highs are highs, lows are lows."

Emotion plus is a new feature. Each player has a personality. Personality and game events can affect how a plot performs.

MyGM

My GM is new franchise mode. Lots of RPG elements are in the next-gen game.

MyGM is a cerebral experience. Every decision changes the world around you. GM has attributes and special abilities.

MyGM includes conversations. You have to asses the emotional intelligence of the person you're talking too.

You will get fired from the owner of you don't maintain harmony in your organization, locker room and fan base. Revolutionizes what franchise mode is.

This is the complete evolution of association mode. Decisions and reactions is what this mode is all about.

"We have built a completely new experience for franchise players. All your day to day experiences have no right or wrong answers."

MyPLAYER, MyCAREER

Complete cut scenes in MyCAREER. Team captured hundreds and hundreds of scenes. A rival, agent, buddies and a compete cast of characters.

This mode "will leave you asking, "what will happen next?" Building relationships, making deals, etc..

Over 40 hours of gameplay in your first year alone.

"captured 1000s of cut scenes w actors & whole life of player. Every experience of being NBA player. All you want to see is next path"

When you're not balling in MyCAREER, you can hang out with hundreds of MyPlayers in the Park.

Open field of courts shown with hundreds of MyPlayers playing. Quite a tease.

Jeff: "When MyPlayer isn't balling, he likes to hang with 100 of his friends at The Park."

That was the conclusion of the presentation from 2K. We will have hands-on experiences from the event very soon!
    http://www.operationsports.com/featu...odes-and-more/
    Last edited by Heavincent; 10-23-2013 at 10:03 PM.

FiFA 2k14

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    2K devs said it's not a port and is an entirely new game. It was built from the ground up for next gen.

A bunch of news actually came out today:

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...odes-and-more/
    Almost certainly gonna pick this up now that the association mode has been overhauled into myGM.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Next gen upgrades sound insane. Probably as good as it sounds, since the current gen is basically 2k13 with new rosters, the pro stick, and that ridiculously awful LeBron mode. Slightly improved physics as well. They obviously didn't spend much time at all on it.

Need to play more, but that pro stick is kicking my ass. I keep hitting the left trigger which is apparently nullifying what I want to do or something... Always shooting when I want to pass, passing when I want to shoot, and for the life of me I can't drive using the pro stick. How do you attack the basket in traffic? Every time I get a lane and use the pro stick, for some reason I keep passing the ball. I need to do the tutorial again and maybe play some 1v1.

Also blocking is way too easy now. Last few games it was impossible to block a layup or dunk without that glitched looking animation (like the guy happening to jump into a layup and it hits a marker to deflect the ball. dunks = impossible). Well now I block everything with my 2 games in, balanced, 6-6 SG, My Player. Dunks, layups, chase down, at the rim. Either my timing is impeccable or they the blocking difficulty went on the other side of the spectrum. Probably the latter.

NBA Superstar

GameSpot has posted a short 2K14 next-gen gameplay clip (starting with Warriors/Heat). It seems to have a lot in common with current gen upon first glance. Of course, it's tough to say with such a short glimpse. http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-n.../2300-6415722/

a run down of the tweets from nba-live.com (mod site, have a couple people on the next-gen developer team) from the press event today

They will be seeing and playing the game.

According to 2k this game is not a port. Built a whole new engine. It’s called Ecomotion. Says the game is more alive than ever b4. Built specifically for next gen.

Leg tattoos are in the game. Highlight clip playing. Game looks incredible. New celebrations shown.

More detailed my player. More hairstyles and facial hair.

brand new landing page and menu. 4 main pillars nba today, my career, my gm and my team.

nba today is brand new. Video highlights from previous days games. Menu looks like a scoreboard w/ all games listed.

new loading screened. New game intro but has some similar elements to current gen.
    new starting lineup overlay. Gsw versus the heat.
    Points of emphasis added to the game. Old NCAA2k feature.
    No warmup outfit for bench players. Crowd much improved.
    game looks great. Most of the details look better especially the players. Wasn’t crazy about Curry’s face though.
    talking graphics now. Details are crazy. Even the rim has scuffs. Looks like 2k took each arena and really upgraded them.
    2k claims the arenas were redone. Looks great up close. Skeptical about whether these details will matter when playing the game.
    Redid the scoreboards in each arena and the lighting in each arena. Def noticeable.
    less duplicates in the crowd. FYI the gameplay clip we saw was only 4 possessions.

face mapped Kobe Bryant. KB helped with his player model. He loved the model.
    #NBA2K14 watching Lebron face map. Asking him to make intense faces. Can’t lie the game has his and Kobe’s face down.
    KD’s and Iguodala face maps. Both look great. Even have Kd’s bad skin. 2nd look at curry. Not as bad as I thought originally.

looks great. Really no sliding. Now showing dribbling. Ball actually rotates while dribbling. Not in current gen.

(switching to LD2K) & mixing is ahol
    The detail of MyPlayer customization gives you a unique look this year. The selected MyPlayer looks awfully familiar... Hmmmm...
    Daily zap allows for stats, highlights from a real video. All your NBA news connected on your console updated DAILY.
    This is all driven by Dynamic Living Roster - which is adjust daily based on how players are performing in the real world.
    Level of detail showcased in clip with arena angles, behind backboards, cameramen, cords. mics etc. Level of detail is stunning.
    Little imperfections of dirt on the backboard tells you all you need to know about the attention to detail. They built a material library.
    Details shown at scorers table. A thumbprint on a monitor is shown. Level of detail that went into next-gen
    Now showing off the new LED dynamic lighting system. Just stunning. Scoreboard lights are dynamic and showcase reflections.
    They actually measure the color temperature of lights and count the number of lights and manufacturer of lights. Getting the lighting right.
    The team captured and head scanned constantly working around NBA schedules to capture nearly every player in the NBA.
    This is photo realism.

Speaks about elevating the game harnessing the tech. Primarily in physics and animations. Foot planting clips shown.
    This "feels completely different" than any other 2K game has felt before. Physics of movement completely lifelike.

Now speaking to ball handling. Eco Motion allows them to track true physics. Ball spinning when dribbling, ball in hands. Tangible object.
    new animation system. Guys will have real life wingspans. New KD shoes look great.
    Now speaking to the new animation system. Smooth transitional blends between moves, real life wing spans that affect gameplay.
    animation synthesis. Animation will change based on circumstances. If KD takes a shot and D is guarding him tight, anim will change
    The game feels alive. For example, a shooter won't land the same way two times. Animation will adapt to the situation. Truly incredible

Coach will adapt to what is happening in the game. So game plans will dynamically change based on what other teams are doing.
    Every coach will have its own ai and strategize based on how the game is going
    9 different options on o and d to strategize how to defend or attack ur opponent.
    Showcasing how A.I adapts to your play. A "Human dynamic change" that coaches will implement. Only on next gen is this possible.
    clip shows different defensive formations based on POE. Looks good in motion.

Emotion Plus allows emotions to translate into performance. How this will affect players.
    Emotion Plus will categorize all the players personalities. Kobe is an Alpha Dog. He wants the ball, he's fierce
    That emotion he has allows him to harness that high level of play and it is showcased in the game. Players will show emotion - high and low

MyGM now (adding in Czar Tweets as needed)
    Your MyPlayer becomes GM. Has unique attributes on how you react with owners, players and the world around you.
    engine remembers everything you say and do and will remind you
    your success in this mide depends on managing the Emotional intelligence of players around you
    have discussions with individual players.
    In MyGM includes conversations. You have to asses the emotional intelligence of the person you're talking too.
    You will get fired from the owner of you don't maintain harmony in org., locker room and fan base. Revolutionizes what franchise mode is.
    Sim gave example of cousins wanting trade after 5 losses and The gm was fired at the end of the season.
    This is the complete evolution of association mode. Decisions and reactions is what this mode is all about. [replaces Assocaition Mode]
    Hot dog prices etc.
    I’m bummed because it appears that multi user association may be gone.
    @leftosa So happy that the news about MyGM are now out. This is the most exciting thing for me,worked on it so much along with my amazing colleagues. To think that this amazing mode is merely the first iteration of our vision... Can't stop playing and tuning at work. It's just ...amazing.

One last thing, a completely new take on our most played mode. MyCAREER mode. Cinematic opening is showcased.
    Bow showing my career. Seems to be story driven.
    "This is my story and I ain't gonna let nobody write but me." More cinematicas shown. A completely NEW experience for MyCAREER.
    graphics look great in my player. Rookie showcase is still the way you are drafted. #NBA2K14
    New cutscenes and characters in my player. Really looks good.
    #NBA2K14 49 hrs of gameplay in first year of my career. Cutscenes look great.
    Complete cut scenes in MyCAREER. Team captured hundreds and hundreds of scenes. A rival, agent, buddies and a compete cast of characters.
    This mode "will leave you asking, "what will happen next?" Building relationships, making deals, making choosing.
    They are trying to engage you into the mode and immerse you. Some who create their own story may not like as much. But looks cool
    The scenes are well done you decide how to answer in some of them. Does add to the story
    Little noise talking between your my player and the guy your playing against.
    #NBA2K14 can’t lie. My player looks incredible. I may play a lot more of that this year.
    Cut scenes of MyPlayer and rival jawing at each other before rookie showcase. The rival and MyPlayer do NOT like each other to say the least
    After that scens you can answer teach him a lesson or I'm cool. the voice obers are well done like GTA.
    Interactive story mode is what he called it. 40 hours of stuff in year 1 alone.

Alright. Presentation is winding down. I’ll be tweeting less as I get to play the game.
    Wait one more thing coming... When you're not balling in MyCAREER, you can hang out with hundreds of MyPlayers in the Park.
    Open field of courts shown with hundreds of MyPlayers playing. Quite a tease... Hmmmm... Conclusion of the presentation.
    WHAT
    ah snap you can hang out with up 100 of your my player friends at what they call te park!
    WHAT
    #NBA2K14 possible new online mode called the park. Looks like crew but I will need more information.

We'll be taking much more about our game in the coming weeks. It's safe to say this
    Presentation is over. Now eeryone here can be scanned into the game as a my player and hands on. But no video. also interviews.
    I am watching gameplay. was scanned in earlier so yall can play as Czar as a my player
    Park Mode????? stop the madness. RIP NBA LIVE.

Love Live Life

Just played my first quick match and I'm beating the dude by like 20 in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

All of a sudden the waiting for opponent thing pop up and then it says your opponent left the match but I didn't receive a win or VC

2k need to fix that shit

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    a run down of the tweets from nba-live.com (mod site, have a couple people on the next-gen developer team) from the press event today

Park Mode????? stop the madness. RIP NBA LIVE.
    NBA Live died a long time ago, 2K just dug the grave to shit on them

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-n.../2300-6415722/

Little bit in 5 on 5 Next Gen gameplay. Warriors vs Heat. Looks damn good!

Banned

I recommend you all to join Operation Sports forums. Very active and has 2K14 news very quick.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    I recommend you all to join Operation Sports forums. Very active and has 2K14 news very quick.
    I lurk on there.

I seen your name on there a few times and was wondering if that was you.

But yea it's a great site