Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Is it ok to eat school food if im on a diet?

Im on a diet to shed some weight , and I wanna know if I can still eat my school lunch food. My school lunch food usually is a meal like rice with chicken or some pasta or a sandwhich with a aside of some veggies canned fruit and milk.

Default Re: Is it ok to eat school food if im on a diet?

No.

Be wary of just counting calories. It's all bullsh*t. It's not how low your calorie intake is, it is how your body process that intake. Merely adding calories and trying to beat it through exercise won't work.

This is why fat people never get skinny through exercising and cutting calories.

Bold statement.

But this is the philosopher speaking and you know he's got some ammunition to back up his statements.

Fire away.

Banned

What you on a diet for? Trying to keep your girlish figure?

With a name like Waseem I assume you're black. Nothing wrong with being a big fat black dude. Embrace it homeboy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    Im on a diet to shed some weight , and I wanna know if I can still eat my school lunch food. My school lunch food usually is a meal like rice with chicken or some pasta or a sandwhich with a aside of some veggies canned fruit and milk.
    Do you really have to ask this? School lunch is about the worst thing you can eat. Even the fruit's are drained of their nutrients.

I rule the local playground

A carton of the schools chocolate milk has about as much sugar a a can of soda.

   

the one thing that helped me lose the most weight was cutting out processed grains, like rice, pasta, and the bread in your sandwich.

these foods are a smallish step above eating straight sugar. basically lots of empty calories... little fiber, vitamins and nutrients.

eating food like this basically overloads your blood sugar system, screwing up your insulin response, causing inflammation on your blood vessel walls, and yes... causes excess blood sugar to be quickly stored in your fat cells.

No because of the reason stated above. Bring your own food. But if are poor or dont want to bring food dont drink any juices or chocolate milk and only drink water. Also canned fruit is full of sugar so dont eat that. They ten to have syrup on it and remember that refined sugar is sweet poison in the body.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    No.

Be wary of just counting calories. It's all bullsh*t. It's not how low your calorie intake is, it is how your body process that intake. Merely adding calories and trying to beat it through exercise won't work.

This is why fat people never get skinny through exercising and cutting calories.

Bold statement.

But this is the philosopher speaking and you know he's got some ammunition to back up his statements.

Fire away.
    cutting back calories is literally the only way ive known People to lose weight and keep it off.

   

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    cutting back calories is literally the only way ive known People to lose weight and keep it off.
    well, our friend rambo tries to steer every conversation towards his favorite cartoon character, superkant.

hey, you know pinball can be pretty aerobic when you're really in to a game. i miss that nice little workout, since they aren't many machines where i live now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    well, our friend rambo tries to steer every conversation towards his favorite cartoon character, superkant.

hey, you know pinball can be pretty aerobic when you're really in to a game. i miss that nice little workout, since they aren't many machines where i live now.
    That's true, I don't get into with my body but some people do. I recently sold one, moving that bastard was a decent workout. Good for your core strength I'd say

   

thank god for those little plastic coasters!

K-12 School food is honestly one of the worst things you can put in your body. Everything is highly processed, and not well balanced nutritionally. Avoid dat **** as much as possible. It's funny, we feed our kids basically what we feed prisoners.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    K-12 School food is honestly one of the worst things you can put in your body. Everything is highly processed, and not well balanced nutritionally. Avoid dat **** as much as possible. It's funny, we feed our kids basically what we feed prisoners.
    I've always thought it odd the kind of crap schools feed kids in america, here most kids bring their own lunches otherwise buy food from a canteen that usually has a bunch of options you find at any other food place. One of the schools I've worked at in the past had the best canteen, chicken snitzel rolls, sweet chilli chicken wraps, was awesome food.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Negative.

Losing weight is a mindset, so if all you are doing is counting calories, then good luck with actually losing weight.

Simple question. If most people want to lose weight, is motivated to do it, then how come they have failed miserably counting calories?

Stick around. Here is another Kantian-level discussion coming your way.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    The educational system is structure like a prison on purpose.