Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: OJ Mayo going pro

Quote Originally Posted by elz
    He's not 6'5"

he's 6'3" maybe 6'4"
    According to numerous reports he's 6'5 w/ shoes. Probably 6'4 w/o. Guess we'll find out for sure once the individual workouts start.

Dylan spits hot fire!

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    According to numerous reports he's 6'5 w/ shoes. Probably 6'4 w/o. Guess we'll find out for sure once the individual workouts start.

I don't believe that
    they list players at the wrong wieghts and sizes all the time

they had Charles Barkley listed at 6ft 6 his whole career and he's said millions of times he's 6ft 4

I could be wrong maybe he's 6'5
    but from what I've seen of him
    No Way!

He looks bout 6'3" 6'4 tops but he's built like he spend tons of time in the gym

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Isn't Lil Romeo starting at his school in the fall on a hoops scholarship? I thought he'd at least stay and play with him for one season just for the publicity and stuff
    Romeo can play, but at a d3 level, not a high level d1 program. I don't ever see him making an impact at USC.

Lil Romeo seriously took a scholarship? Say whatever you will about his ball skills, but how f'ing low do you have to stoop to take a scholarship from a deserving player when your dad has a ROOM that cost $5 million?

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Lil Romeo seriously took a scholarship? Say whatever you will about his ball skills, but how f'ing low do you have to stoop to take a scholarship from a deserving player when your dad has a ROOM that cost $5 million?
    Romeo did not take a schollie. He's paying his own way.

NBA rookie of the year

I don't believe that
    they list players at the wrong wieghts and sizes all the time

they had Charles Barkley listed at 6ft 6 his whole career and he's said millions of times he's 6ft 4

I could be wrong maybe he's 6'5
    but from what I've seen of him
    No Way!

He looks bout 6'3" 6'4 tops but he's built like he spend tons of time in the gym
    Barkley's closer to 6'5" and since most players are listed an inch taller why would OJ Mayo being around 6'4" be a big deal? Gilbert Arenas is only like 6'2" and Kobe has claimed 6'4" and 6-4 3/4 as his height.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Good. Makes sense due to him most likely flunking out in a semester anyway.

Decent playground baller

If is available for the Clippers, I would love to have him on the Clips.

I would like to see him on Seattle.

Him and Durant could run things.

He's not 6'5"

he's 6'3" maybe 6'4"

OJ Mayo is probably 6'3 3/4" Barefeet, and 6'5" with shoes same height as Dwayne Wade and Rodney Stuckey.

Good High School Starter

OJ can not play the point in the NBA right now. It will take time for that. I think a team like the Clippers would be perfect, not only because he gets to stay in LA, but because they have nothing in their future backcourt. If the ends up showing potential at the point, they can get a SG in the future. If he ends up showing he is more of a scorer and better not trying to run the offense, they can pick up a PG.

I think in the end, he could play point, but I think would be better just being a scorer who can pass. You can bring in a true PG who can do all the PG stuff and then just give the ball to Mayo to create.

In regards to his height, it might be the reason he falls to 5th or 6th, but I don't think is a huge concern.

Age is a bit of a concern considering he still plays just with natural talent. All those HS did not give him very good coaching it seems. He is still a year or two away, and at 21 that doesn't get you excited like a 19 year old would, but I think teams will deal. If anything he just cost himself money because he will be like 24 when his first deal ends, then his second deal will last until he is 30, and then teams won't pay him as much and will only want to give him maybe a 5 year deal, which would make him 35 and in position to just pick up 1 and 2 year deals until he retires. If he was 19, he would be in position to get a bigger 3rd and 4th deal.

If Rodney Stuckey is being groomed into to being a point guard, I see no real reason why OJ Mayo can't be. Stuckey was probably more of a pure scorer than OJ was in college.

My Name Is My Name MarloStanfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    untrue - he took a kids scholarship that walked on and was slated to get a scholarship...will provide link if you think otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
    untrue - he took a kids scholarship that walked on and was slated to get a scholarship...will provide link if you think otherwise
    If USC ever plays in Indiana somewhere I'm booing that kid

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
    When did you read this because the last thing I seen said Romeo realized that because he can afford to pay his own he would that way USC could get another schollie worthy player and improve their chances at winning.