Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Default Re: Jordan vs Twin Towers Robinson/Duncan Spurs 98

alot of insecured fans bashing MJ lets see lebron 5-6 from now if he doesnt have that athleticism any more if he can still dominate the game like what MJ did back in his day... LoL at lebron not getting calls... kids

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    alot of insecured fans bashing MJ lets see lebron 5-6 from now if he doesnt have that athleticism any more if he can still dominate the game like what MJ did back in his day... LoL at lebron not getting calls... kids
    Those flops doe. Buddy needs to win an Oscar before Dicaprio ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Free throws attempts per field goal attempts rate (FTr)

Jordan career FTr: .358

Lebron career FTr: .430

Your story doesn't check out, chief.
    I still don't understand why people here think that you know anything about basketball. Comparing a player who scores primarily at the basket, and another who scores equally from midrange and at the rim? Stop being such a ****ing retard every time.

@SWISH, You literally are the most insecure MJ stan of all time. Bringing up LeBron in a thread which has nothing to do with him? Go back to protecting his manhood size, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    MJ's vertical leap allowed him to do a LOT of things in the paint. That kind of hangtime is a huge benefit.
    This is a 35 year old MJ... imagine a 29 year old MJ against this team

Jordan was a genius at slipping through defenses. His ability to recognize seams in the defense and taking advantage is GOAT level stuff. He doesn't even do it with pure athleticism here, just general craftiness. It's what separates him as a slasher from a guy like Wade. MJ could do it from a post up, a pick and roll, a drive. Anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    Jordan was a genius at slipping through defenses. His ability to recognize seams in the defense and taking advantage is GOAT level stuff. He doesn't even do it with pure athleticism here, just general craftiness. It's what separates him as a slasher from a guy like Wade.
    Yes Wade IMO played like baby Jordan his whole career. A fun player to watch but he never had the skill level to become crafty enough to extend his ability to get to the rim after his athleticism deteriorated. A rare skill to have and MJ did.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    I still don't understand why people here think that you know anything about basketball. Comparing a player who scores primarily at the basket, and another who scores equally from midrange and at the rim? Stop being such a ****ing retard every time.
    Go ahead and find me stats comparing LeBron's post ups/drives per game and MJ's. I'll wait.

Lebron (19.9 FGA, 4 3s/gm): 8.6 FTA/gm

Jordan (22.9 FGA, 1.7 3s/gm): 8.2 FTA/gm

Bron takes 3 less shots per game, and considerably more 3s per game than Jordan did, yet he gets more FTA attempts, at a much higher rate. But obviously you know something the rest of us don't and you're about to post the facts that prove it.

Go ahead.

Go ahead and find me stats comparing LeBron's post ups/drives per game and MJ's. I'll wait.

Lebron (19.9 FGA, 4 3s/gm): 8.6 FTA/gm

Jordan (22.9 FGA, 1.7 3s/gm): 8.2 FTA/gm

Bron takes 3 less shots per game, and considerably more 3s per game than Jordan did, yet he gets more FTA attempts, at a much higher rate. But obviously you know something the rest of us don't and you're about to post the facts that prove it.

Go ahead.
    Last season, LeBron averaged 41% of his shots "at the rim" on 17.6 FGA (according to BBREF) and averaged 7.6 FT's a game. MJ attempted 14% of his shots at the rim in '03 on 18.6 FGA (closest number of FGA's I could find with his shot chart) and attempted 4 FT's a game.

41% shots at rim and 7.6 FTA's. 14% shots at rim and 4 FTA's.

Banned

Last season, LeBron averaged 41% of his shots "at the rim" on 17.6 FGA (according to BBREF) and averaged 7.6 FT's a game. MJ attempted 14% of his shots at the rim [COLOR="Red"]in '03[/COLOR] on 18.6 FGA (closest number of FGA's I could find with his shot chart) and attempted 4 FT's a game.

41% shots at rim and 7.6 FTA's. 14% shots at rim and 4 FTA's.
    So you're comparing 28 year old LeBron to 40 year old Jordan coming off of knee surgery?

So you're comparing 28 year old LeBron to 40 year old Jordan coming off of knee surgery?

But but but but 40 is the new 28!

I was just about to say. Nickname was Floor Jordan. Got everything off pure intelligence, and craftiness. Literally no athleticism playing positions that were the most talented, and athletic in the league: SG / SF. 39, and 40 years old. With bad knees. He probably got most of his free throws off smart pump fakes in those 2 seasons.

And yet a 38 year old gimpy MJ averaged more FT's, while taking less shots at the rim (relative to shots at the rim). Dat Stern protection doe.

Wasn't that what my whole post was about? LeBron averages more FT's than MJ because he scores more at the rim. How ****ing hard is that to understand?

And yet a 38 year old gimpy MJ averaged more FT's, while taking less shots at the rim (relative to shots at the rim). Dat Stern protection doe.

Wasn't that what my whole post was about? LeBron averages more FT's than MJ because he scores more at the rim. How ****ing hard is that to understand?
    How hard is it for to see 40 and 28 are not similar numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    How hard is it for to see 40 and 28 are not similar numbers?
    Are you ****ing retarded? 40 year old MJ got 4 FT's a game while taking [COLOR="Red"]14% [/COLOR]of his shots at rim. LeBron at 29 is getting 7.6, while taking [COLOR="red"]41% [/COLOR]of his shots at the rim.

Seriously, that's simple enough of a 4th grader to understand.

Are you ****ing retarded? 40 year old MJ got 4 FT's a game while taking 14% of his shots at rim. LeBron at 29 is getting 7.6, while taking 41% of his shots at the rim.

Seriously, that's simple enough of a 4th grader to understand.
    well logic that you don't seem to understand. 29 and 40 is a huge difference physically. Your body can't hold up in the paint. Heck if you drink alcohol (not sure if you do), you get a way worse hangover at 40 most likely because your body isn't as resilient. Your body cannot take that many shots at the paint without being on the injury reserve list if you are MJ for more than 1/2 the season. Ever taken elementary biology to understand why his shots are far less at the rim at 40 or do I also need to show you how to clean yourself after using the bathroom?