Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Rubio

Default Ricky Rubio

I'm watching Spain vs. Lithuania and finally getting to see Ricky in his element and DAMN this kid is good. Spain was up by 8 and then Rubio comes in, makes a sick no look pass to a cutting Marc Gasol, hits two threes, one of them contested, takes a charge, and makes a nasty left handed bounce pass between two defenders to Marc Gasol right under the hoop. In the 3-4 minutes he came in, Spain doubles their lead. I think this kid is already as good as Calderon if not better. He defends better, has incredible handles, passes just as well, and is improving his shot.

The only flaws I see in his game are that he has very little lift on his jumper, gets a little out of control off the dribble and makes some wild turnovers. I honestly think that if he keeps doing his thing, he can be the number one pick in the draft next year.

Off topic - Rudy Fernandez is awesome, he can create his shot better than any Euro I've seen and finishes really well. The Blazers are lucky to have him.

My Game's Nucking Futs The_Night_Elf's Avatar

Default Re: Ricky Rubio

Yeah, this guy is CR-A-ZEEE! I watched clips of him just ripping the apart the other teams. What I love is he seems to understand where te play is going. I can't wait to see how he develops.

I'd definitely burn a top 3 pick on him...

Can't wait to see how he doe's in the NBA ..with tougher defenders and Bigger Forwards...It's going to be a challenge for sure.

Witness

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=CPSyScRcRRo&fmt=18

Ricky says hello to the world

PS. He did it in front of Sarunas by the way. 17 years old, he still hasn't played a single official game for the national team and he kills Jasikevicious this way... No words. Incredible self-confidence.
    Last edited by The Chosen One; 07-25-2008 at 06:24 AM.

lol did you see rubio vs USA lol he suckks

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    Don't know about sucks, but he's definitely overrated right now. I've watched all of Spains games thus far, and I have to say...Ricky really is not much of an offensive threat, yet. At least against the guys I've seen him play against.

This kid sure does have GREAT court vision though. His passing skills are excellent.

8 pts, 3 assists, 3 steals. 3 rebounds, 4 turnovers in 18 mins going against Jason Kidd, Chris Paul, and Deron Williams? The turnovers don't stick out as much to me because of USA's pressure. Anybody would turnover the ball that much. I'm not worried.

Serious playground baller

He went 8,3,3,3. He was the second best PG in that game. He also played less minutes then Jose and Deron.

He would have had 7-8 assists but he would make a pass to a wide open man and they would miss the shot.

Fact of the matter is, he is 17 years old, and out performed every PG in that game except Chris Paul. And he did it against Team USA. No 17-19 year old PG in the world is facing the competition he is.

If he continues to develop, he will be great.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

OVERRRRRRRRR

rATED

The olympics is my first chance to see a lot of Rubio and while I was watching the games to come back saying he is overrated, I can't say that he is after watching.

Amazing talent, huge balls, and he will do just fine in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Trax416
    He went 8,3,3,3. He was the second best PG in that game. He also played less minutes then Jose and Deron.

He would have had 7-8 assists but he would make a pass to a wide open man and they would miss the shot.

Fact of the matter is, he is 17 years old, and out performed every PG in that game except Chris Paul. And he did it against Team USA. No 17-19 year old PG in the world is facing the competition he is.

If he continues to develop, he will be great.

stop making better than he is he is an average joe pg guard he cant score well, you could say that 8assist about any person if cavs made half of their open shots LBJ would have like 20assist

He in average Joe Guard and next year ppl are saying he would be #1 pick so dont give me that young crap

the dude went 1-4 on the field, the only reason he scored 8pts was because the USA was over the penalty and they kept handchecking/reaching/bumping rubio down court so he got to the line and he can make his FTs

You guys are acting like he going to be CP3/Pistol Pete in his Prime in the NBA when in reality he is a Jose Caledron best case scenario

Brandon Jennings however wow

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Don't know about sucks, but he's definitely overrated right now. I've watched all of Spains games thus far, and I have to say...Ricky really is not much of an offensive threat, yet. At least against the guys I've seen him play against.

This kid sure does have GREAT court vision though. His passing skills are excellent.
    yeah that was a big to much he doesnt suck he is overrated and he is just an average joe pg best case scenario Jose Caledron not Pistol Pete or CP3

They way Europe was talking about him you think he was Gods gift to basketball

Kinda like a 17yr old David Beckham playing for Englands national team

but in reality he is just average pg

stop making better than he is he is an average joe pg guard he cant score well, you could say that 8assist about any person if cavs made half of their open shots LBJ would have like 20assist

He in average Joe Guard and next year ppl are saying he would be #1 pick so dont give me that young crap

the dude went 1-4 on the field, the only reason he scored 8pts was because the USA was over the penalty and they kept handchecking/reaching/bumping rubio down court so he got to the line and he can make his FTs

You guys are acting like he going to be CP3/Pistol Pete in his Prime in the NBA when in reality he is a Jose Caledron best case scenario

Brandon Jennings however wow
    LBJ would have 20 assists? Huh? Did you watch the game. Everytime Lebron made a pass and the person shot, it went in. So you are wrong.

Also, don't ever compare CP3 to Pistol Pete, because CP3 is **** compared to the great PG's and has a lot to prove. So don't ever mention him in the same breath again. The fact is, CP3 has played like CRAP this tournament. He has had one good game. In fact, Rubio has played better this Olympics, then Chris Paul has.

Chris Paul 10,2,3,2 in 20 minutes against Germany today.
    Rubio 8,3,3,3 in 16 minutes against Team USA the other day.

So why aren't you giving Chris Paul ****?

now I am not saying he is better then Chris Paul, but he has more potential then Chris did at 17. He also has more potential then Deron Williams had at 17.

Name one 17 year old PG in the world today, that could have ran the court, and went 8,3,3,3 against Team USA, with Jason Kid, Deron Williams and Chris Paul guarding them. You can't.

Ricky has tons of potential. He is still really young. The last time Team USA won gold, Ricky was turning 11. Think about it.
    Last edited by Trax416; 08-18-2008 at 01:32 PM.

yeah that was a big to much he doesnt suck he is overrated and he is just an average joe pg best case scenario Jose Caledron not Pistol Pete or CP3

They way Europe was talking about him you think he was Gods gift to basketball

Kinda like a 17yr old David Beckham playing for Englands national team

but in reality he is just average pg
    David Beckham at one point, was the best player in England, and finished runner up for the MVP of the Premier League for Manchester United. He is still recognized as the greatest free kicker to ever play the game of football, and let England to places they hadn't been for damn near 20 years. Sure Beckham isn't great now, but thats what happens when you get old. Shaq is garbage now also, but it doesn't take away from what he did.

So suffice to say, if Rubio turns out like David did, the NBA is in for some trouble.

I also wouldn't call Jose an "average joe" PG. Considering he was averaging 11 assists when he was starting, was averaging a double double, and had the best TO/Assist ratio in the history of the NBA.

Best poster ever High Potential's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trax416
    David Beckham at one point, was the best player in England, and finished runner up for the MVP of the Premier League for Manchester United. He is still recognized as the greatest free kicker to ever play the game of football, and let England to places they hadn't been for damn near 20 years. Sure Beckham isn't great now, but thats what happens when you get old. Shaq is garbage now also, but it doesn't take away from what he did.

So suffice to say, if Rubio turns out like David did, the NBA is in for some trouble.

I also wouldn't call Jose an "average joe" PG. Considering he was averaging 11 assists when he was starting, was averaging a double double, and had the best TO/Assist ratio in the history of the NBA.
    David Beckham was never the best player in England. He scored a goal from midfield and that's when the overrating of him began. He used to be great at free kicks but now guys like Ronaldo, Pirlo and Juninho have surpassed him in that, and they are better players overall than he ever was. Even in his Manchester United days, he was probably the fifth or sixth best player on his own team, behind Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Schmeigel, Ferdinand and Van Nistelrooy.

Take a look at that. All of those players are clearly better than Beckham, and in Beckham's own midfield: Keane, Giggs, and Scholes, Beckham was the worst.

Don't talk out of your ass.