Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #16
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What are the Bengals doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You do realize the NFL (owners) and players union all agreed on this right? You do realize Dallas/Wash are considered big markets, whereas TB is a small marker. And apart of the whole new CBA was to make it competitive for both small/big to compete right?

Of course you realize this. I just wonder why you're crying

Umm, yea but that nowhere did it say teams would be docked for taking advantage of there being no salary cap and using it to their advantage just because WSH and DAL bring in the most revenue and are the most valuable franchises. You think that's just a coincidence? It really just comes off like the NFL took offense to being outsmarted. I'm not crying, I can't control what they decide to do. I can have an opinion though.

If I were to cry, it would be stemming from laughter at your mere existence. Don't throw away your AARP mail, b!tch ass ni99a
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #17
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Playoff bound? Come on, making the playoffs in the NFL is no gurantee. Too much parity. Bengals good one season, out of playoffs the next. Then you're magnifying how much the Bengals didnt do (spend) even more. Genius my ass.

The name to the game is improving each year. Why? Because other teams are in the process of doing just that. But hey, maybe Bengals get lucky with the draft and get some ready to contribute starters. Good luck. You're sitting on cash to make some significant upgrades and do nothing.

TB did that and they are now drafting 5th overall in the first rd. And before last season? It looked rather promising for them huh? Sure it did. Until a tougher schedule happens.

Free agency isnt over but open check book

Me using the term 'playoff bound' was a bit loose. I guess I'm just using the logic of how well they did last season, didn't lose any big time playmakers (offense), and they'll be more experienced + gel factor all contributing to them having a good shot at making the playoffs.

Again though, we are talking about the Bungels here. They could end up screwing themselves this coming draft season, even after doing exceptionally well last draft. I don't think the Steelers are anything special, and they seem to be on the decline. Baltimore IMO is the best team in the AFC.

Looking outside of the AFC North, who's really a threat to the chances of the Bengals snatching a wild-card? Broncos with the addition of Manning, check. I'd like to see Oakland do something with Palmer there, but I don't see it. Jets? Bills? Nah. AFC South is a joke outside of Texans, and they lost their best defensive player.

The Chargers will be key. How well they play will probably determine if Cincy is in or out.

I think this is one of those years where the NFC > AFC (on average, I'd say 66% of the time the AFC is better any given season). If the Bengals were in the NFC, I think maybe they miss the post season. I think they'll win 10 games this year, and hopefully be a good away-from-home team so they can finally win a damn playoff game!

Last edited by Legend of Josh : 03-19-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #18
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You can roll capspace over to next year right?

And Washington and Dallas losing capspace IS pretty ridiculous. Obviously the league approved those contracts when they were signed. Goodell just made up a rule after the fact. I'd be ****ing livid if I were a fan of one of them.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #19
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Mike Wallace in contract talks with Pats, Bengals and Broncos.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #20
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd love to sign Wallace just to f*ck over the Steelers, though I don't totally think he would be a perfect fit for our offense. We have a guy like AJ Green who can stretch the field. We need someone who can run routes, and for all of Wallace's talents, that isn't one of them.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #21
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Wallace can run routes. He came into the league with that perception of not being able to run routes, but he can run routes.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Wallace can run routes. He came into the league with that perception of not being able to run routes, but he can run routes.

Its one thing to say he can run routes. Anyone can type that. Its another to explain how good of a route runner he actually is. And you didnt even attempt to do that.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #23
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just signed BenJarvus Green-Ellis
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #24
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wallace doesn't really need to be a great route runner because of the respect he gets for his speed. He is by no means a great route runner but he is adequate and improving.

I would hate to see him leave but we might not have a choice. I think he might end up stayin simply because teams will be hesistant to give him the type of money he will demand AND give up a first round pick.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #25
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I think it's fairly obvious to anyone who watches him that he can run routes.

He can run the deep ins, all versions of the comeback, sluggo, slants, speed out, deep out, straight go's....and he can get off press.

Green/Wallace are perfect, and when you add in Shipley and Gresham...that's a very complimentary set of weapons and totally opens up the middle of the field with those two on the outside.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #26
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Mike Wallace in contract talks with Pats, Bengals and Broncos.

Why NE?

They already have Lloyd, Welker, Branch, Gonzalez, Hernandez, Gronk.

Broncos makes perfect sense
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Wallace doesn't really need to be a great route runner because of the respect he gets for his speed. He is by no means a great route runner but he is adequate and improving.

I would hate to see him leave but we might not have a choice. I think he might end up stayin simply because teams will be hesistant to give him the type of money he will demand AND give up a first round pick.

Thats what I thought.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #28
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Why NE?

They already have Lloyd, Welker, Branch, Gonzalez, Hernandez, Gronk.

Broncos makes perfect sense

They probably want a young outside receiver who will be around for 5-7 years, or the rest of Brady's career.

I like Lloyd, but he's a stop gap. Branch is close to the end. Gonzo is injury prone.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #29
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
They probably want a young outside receiver who will be around for 5-7 years, or the rest of Brady's career.

I like Lloyd, but he's a stop gap. Branch is close to the end. Gonzo is injury prone.

Yeah. I realize all of that. But the Patriots already have like 13 WRs on the roster, & have recently signed like 5 WRs in the past few days.

They gonna cut a couple of the WRs they just signed?
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: