Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 09:49 PM   #16
MJ23
Banned
 
MJ23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 756
MJ23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Life after Death..in your opinion what happens

i think we live as spirits roaming on earth or somewhere else.... or we reincarnate into an animal or something else
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #17
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content
 
lurch67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,988
lurch67 has decent reputation
Default Re: Life after Death..in your opinion what happens

After we die, our bodies expell fluids becuase of gasious pressure caused by the decomposition of the organs. Most times the body is enbalmed and prepared for "final viewing" and then placed in a casket. A funeral is then preformed and the casket is laid to rest in a grave 6' deep and covered with earth. That is all.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #18
MJ23
Banned
 
MJ23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 756
MJ23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Life after Death..in your opinion what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch67
After we die, our bodies expell fluids becuase of gasious pressure caused by the decomposition of the organs. Most times the body is enbalmed and prepared for "final viewing" and then placed in a casket. A funeral is then preformed and the casket is laid to rest in a grave 6' deep and covered with earth. That is all.

no, that just happens to your body...but what happens to the spirit....i dont think you just blank out like that
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #19
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content
 
lurch67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,988
lurch67 has decent reputation
Default Re: Life after Death..in your opinion what happens

Seen lots of death. Seen most of internal organs and systoms. Never seen "spirit" or "soul".
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #20
MJ23
Banned
 
MJ23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 756
MJ23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Life after Death..in your opinion what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch67
Seen lots of death. Seen most of internal organs and systoms. Never seen "spirit" or "soul".

in movies maybe....spirits are real
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:47 PM   #21
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content
 
lurch67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,988
lurch67 has decent reputation
Default Re: Life after Death..in your opinion what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23
in movies maybe....spirits are real
What "in movies"? Prove spirits are real.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:49 PM   #22
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned
 
KINGofTHEcourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chillin in the lab
Posts: 1,574
KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Life after Death..in your opinion what happens

I believe there is an afterlife.

But I had a theory that all of you will call me an idiot for. I thought that maybe I am the only real person, and each different soul lives through my life, and what they do with my life, reflects their afterlife. So if you are born, and are a bad person thorugh my body/life/family, then you have a bad afterlife. And none of you actually exist, and are just people that each soul inhabiting my body must interact with. I know this is a terrible theory, and I don't believe it, but its just a thought I had.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:50 PM   #23
Chalkmaze
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 3,072
Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation
Default Re: Life after Death..in your opinion what happens

We die, our bodies are broken down, the same as a dead deer. The body is the machine that keeps us alive, keeps our brain running, once the body dies, the brain follows, and there is no more. People get scared of this, but it's quite alright if you think it over. Enjoy the life you have now, hopefully you leave the world a better place than when you came into it, and when your being is no more, it's fine, you had your time to do with what you please, and now it's over.

Last edited by Chalkmaze : 08-02-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:37 PM   #24
gts
Sons of Antartica
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 28,662
gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Life after Death..in your opinion what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
I believe there is an afterlife.

But I had a theory that all of you will call me an idiot for. I thought that maybe I am the only real person, and each different soul lives through my life, and what they do with my life, reflects their afterlife. So if you are born, and are a bad person thorugh my body/life/family, then you have a bad afterlife. And none of you actually exist, and are just people that each soul inhabiting my body must interact with. I know this is a terrible theory, and I don't believe it, but its just a thought I had.
kind of a vanilla sky take on life...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #25
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star
 
White Chocolate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9,621
White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Life after Death..in your opinion what happens

There have been many theories. They are all possibilities, but the only way we will find out is when we die. What would be cool is if we could choose our next lives.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:02 PM   #26
sixerfan82
College star
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: south jersey
Posts: 3,913
sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Life after Death..in your opinion what happens

Ive thought about this a few times, and my own personal is that you die and are reincarnated as someone else, you have no memory of who you were before obviously
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #27
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter
 
IlliniFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 8,063
IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Life after Death..in your opinion what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
We die, our bodies are broken down, the same as a dead deer. The body is the machine that keeps us alive, keeps our brain running, once the body dies, the brain follows, and there is no more. People get scared of this, but it's quite alright if you think it over. Enjoy the life you have now, hopefully you leave the world a better place than when you came into it, and when your being is no more, it's fine, you had your time to do with what you please, and now it's over.
That is depressing as hell..
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy