Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 05-14-2007, 04:51 AM   #16
travelmonkey
Can barely lace up my sneakers

travelmonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: trade for Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
How can anyone even speculate about the Cats trading G-Dub? No matter who we got in return I think the other players would feel demoralized if Wallace were traded for anybody.

NBA players are professionals. I don't think they get demoralized about players getting traded, especially if it's a trade that makes the team better. Wallace is a nice player but certainly not untouchable.
travelmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:26 PM   #17
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmonkey
NBA players are professionals. I don't think they get demoralized about players getting traded, especially if it's a trade that makes the team better. Wallace is a nice player but certainly not untouchable.

I must disagree with you. Wallace is the heart and soul of our team. If the team lost him it would demoralize the team as well as the fans. To call him a "nice" player is an insult. To call a blah player who is never recognized for anything a 'nice' player would make sense but G-Dub is much more than most players in the NBA could ever dream about being.

I also think that any team who has Bynum should absolutely hold on to him.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:29 PM   #18
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I must disagree with you. Wallace is the heart and soul of our team. If the team lost him it would demoralize the team as well as the fans. To call him a "nice" player is an insult. To call a blah player who is never recognized for anything a 'nice' player would make sense but G-Dub is much more than most players in the NBA could ever dream about being.

I also think that any team who has Bynum should absolutely hold on to him.

I like Wallace, but I certainly don't view him as a franchise player. Only a franchise-type player should be "untouchable". Also, isn't Wallace often injured?
As for Bynum, I'm sure the Lakers would love to keep him, but they are under pressure to compete for the championship today. Bynum is 2 years away from being a championship caliber center. By that time, Kobe will be 31.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:17 PM   #19
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
I like Wallace, but I certainly don't view him as a franchise player. Only a franchise-type player should be "untouchable". Also, isn't Wallace often injured?
As for Bynum, I'm sure the Lakers would love to keep him, but they are under pressure to compete for the championship today. Bynum is 2 years away from being a championship caliber center. By that time, Kobe will be 31.

What do you mean about Wallace not being a franchise player? WTF is a franchise player and why is that the measure of a player's worth to his team and fans? Wallace gets injured--sure--but that's because he plays harder than 95% of the league's players. If you knew anything about the Bobcats then you would not be so blase about Wallace's worth to the team and fans.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:12 AM   #20
travelmonkey
Can barely lace up my sneakers

travelmonkey has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
What do you mean about Wallace not being a franchise player? WTF is a franchise player and why is that the measure of a player's worth to his team and fans? Wallace gets injured--sure--but that's because he plays harder than 95% of the league's players. If you knew anything about the Bobcats then you would not be so blase about Wallace's worth to the team and fans.

Wallace is only a franchise player if you're content being a below .500 franchise. If you want to be a winner, Gerald Wallace cannot be your best player. He's a nice 2nd option, an emotional favorite for sure. A very good player, but not a winning team's franchise player. Not really even close.
At some point every team has to decide between being loyal to the fan favorites, or building a winner. Viewing Gerald Wallace as your franchise cornerstone, is choosing feel-good loyalty over winning.

Last edited by travelmonkey : 05-15-2007 at 02:15 AM.
travelmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:06 PM   #21
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

If Wallace is your cornerstone franchise player, then you will never make it to the playoffs, much less actually win a ship. He is a solid #2. Definately NOT a max contract player. If he WAS a franchise player, then they would not be the worst team (among the worst) in the league.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #22
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Just because a team doesnt have a good record doesnt indicate that a player on that team is a franchise type player. Takes a team full of solid players who contribute to be successful in the league. Im pretty sure Allen Iverson can be viewed as a franchise type, and he did nothing short of derailing in Philadelphia the past 2 seasons. Kobe Bryant is a franchise player, and the Lakers were barely a .500 team.

With that being said I dont believe Wallace is a franchise player.. yet
As for him being the heart and soul of the team, last time I checked Ben Wallace was the heart and soul of the pistons, and the pistons have basically demolished his current team thus far in the playoffs. As much as I love Wallace, im here for the betterment of the team. If we could trade Wallace and improve the team in anyway shape or form than why not do it? If not than resign him, for what hes worth. Definately not max contract worthy.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #23
Feltonian
I airball my layups

Feltonian has an OK reputation so far

I live in LA and everyone here says that Bynum was Jerry Buss's son's personal pick and favorite. They are not willing to trade him, even in a deal for Garnett or Jermaine O'Neal.
Feltonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:23 PM   #24
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

bynum's not worth hermann nor may imo....and what would cats do with another adam morrison n "SPACE CADET" aka vladman

imo herman has more potential than bynum...

that trade lakers sneak out like bandits and cats get raped with no lube..... May is what exactly the lakers need and that 19th pick dnt mean squat!! they get Knight in which they really need a PG ....laker fans can be sooo lob sided some times
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:29 AM   #25
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
bynum's not worth hermann nor may imo....and what would cats do with another adam morrison n "SPACE CADET" aka vladman

imo herman has more potential than bynum...

that trade lakers sneak out like bandits and cats get raped with no lube..... May is what exactly the lakers need and that 19th pick dnt mean squat!! they get Knight in which they really need a PG ....laker fans can be sooo lob sided some times

just a heads-up...Hermann is 29 and Bynum is 19. I would therefore doubt Hermann has more potential.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: