Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 11-06-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default why it IS IMPORTANT that jr(or lk) starts

our team is the most physically unstopable team in the league- the nuggets could be the best team in the league- this year-the nugs could win it all

ive never thought that before- its great to be able to think it-

last night against the warriors i saw what i always thought but never really seen- our team is unstoppable

heres the problem- we only had 5 of these type guys
carmelo
jr
kleiza
kmart
nene

and karl as he always has- DOES WHATEVER POSSIBLE TO NOT PLAY HIS BEST PLAYERS WITH EACH OTHER- those 5 were magical in the 3MINUTE stint together - un playable at their best by any team in the nba right now-

and the 3 mins last night was just an example but look at that group unconventional but perfectly efficiant
well now with chauncey billups we have six of these players

just please do me the favor and watch and see how unbelievably dominant nene and carmelo are with at least 2 3 point shooters(billups,jr,kleiza) - they are un gaurdable

now also watch how both carmelo & nene are instantly in a triple or double team the second they touch the ball when ac & or d jones are in- those guys #s are at highs because noone is even covering them they are just leaving to go help- that should be embarassing that other teams are calling you on that and smothering all over melo jr & nene

it is a myth that you cant play your best players together alot in basketball- that is the point and you are an idiot if you dont- you use the other guys to fill in the voids you dont "purposefully" have them in there

and even with iverson as one of the 6 karl purposefully avoided playing them together but now are 6 is this

billups
carmelo
jr
kleiza
kmart
nene

every attempt possible should be made for those six to play as often together as possible- but it wont- you KNOW karl will still play both ac & jones in very prominant roles- they ar both ahed of jr on "karls depth chart"

nene is a freak- i knew hed just flip the switch- he matches up with ANYONE and i like it- hes got a shot

carmelo honestly gave me magic johnson flashbacks- the whole key is when he is playing w atleast 2 3 point shooters- karl never does this- we have 3 shooters they need to always be in together

nene & melo could be the best 2 man game in the league

we all know that jr and even lk can go off anytime, but always they give a world class athlete presene and both have high levl nba skills that need time

but this wont happen karl will force players like ac & jones onto the court to negat our players skills

just please watch the difference in how melo & nene are played when having 2 or even 3 of billups jr & kleiza- and you can play your six best players together alot on a basketball team- nuggets w karl wont do that- it is stupid

billups, carmelo, jr kleiza, nene & kmart(barely) should be playing the prominant roles- doesnt it feel like a f u right to all of our faces by using players lke jones & ac in more prominant roles thana jr or lk- i feel like he is cheating us- role players are to be used in roles- your best players play as often as possible

karl has to go(or play his top 6)- we need a couple players we are terrible at rebounding and need another shooter-THIS TEAM COULD WIN IT ALL- nugs are closer than ever before- but there aint a snowballs chanc in h that karl will let the nuggets dominate people by playing the best

our best six are better than ever before- they could play atleast 30 ins tgether maybe more-they will proboly play together closer to 10- sorry it was too long
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar

OneMoreSucka has decent reputation
Default Re: why it IS IMPORTANT that jr(or lk) starts

You really expect AC to get major minutes still? A good PG was the thing Karl has always wanted, and you expect him to relinquish Billups for carter? Billups' game is superior in every single aspect.

Secondly, why the hate for Dahntay Jones? When the nuggets were playing their best last night (First 9 minutes of 1st quarter), it was Jones' defense that started it all! He went on a 7-0 run by himself. I see no problem with him starting if he keeps up that intensity.

Last night's loss was purely because the bench just couldn't get it done. Everything was great, 3 minutes left in the quarter, 18 point lead, and the bench takes it for granted and GSW goes on an 11-0 run.

Nuggets don't need to be worried about who starts, but rather how the bench can hold leads against the elite teams, especially if they can't do it against GSW.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:46 AM   #3
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
our team is the most physically unstopable team in the league- the nuggets could be the best team in the league- this year-the nugs could win it all

ive never thought that before- its great to be able to think it-

last night against the warriors i saw what i always thought but never really seen- our team is unstoppable

heres the problem- we only had 5 of these type guys
carmelo
jr
kleiza
kmart
nene

and karl as he always has- DOES WHATEVER POSSIBLE TO NOT PLAY HIS BEST PLAYERS WITH EACH OTHER- those 5 were magical in the 3MINUTE stint together - un playable at their best by any team in the nba right now-

and the 3 mins last night was just an example but look at that group unconventional but perfectly efficiant
well now with chauncey billups we have six of these players

just please do me the favor and watch and see how unbelievably dominant nene and carmelo are with at least 2 3 point shooters(billups,jr,kleiza) - they are un gaurdable

now also watch how both carmelo & nene are instantly in a triple or double team the second they touch the ball when ac & or d jones are in- those guys #s are at highs because noone is even covering them they are just leaving to go help- that should be embarassing that other teams are calling you on that and smothering all over melo jr & nene

it is a myth that you cant play your best players together alot in basketball- that is the point and you are an idiot if you dont- you use the other guys to fill in the voids you dont "purposefully" have them in there

and even with iverson as one of the 6 karl purposefully avoided playing them together but now are 6 is this

billups
carmelo
jr
kleiza
kmart
nene

every attempt possible should be made for those six to play as often together as possible- but it wont- you KNOW karl will still play both ac & jones in very prominant roles- they ar both ahed of jr on "karls depth chart"

nene is a freak- i knew hed just flip the switch- he matches up with ANYONE and i like it- hes got a shot

carmelo honestly gave me magic johnson flashbacks- the whole key is when he is playing w atleast 2 3 point shooters- karl never does this- we have 3 shooters they need to always be in together

nene & melo could be the best 2 man game in the league

we all know that jr and even lk can go off anytime, but always they give a world class athlete presene and both have high levl nba skills that need time

but this wont happen karl will force players like ac & jones onto the court to negat our players skills

just please watch the difference in how melo & nene are played when having 2 or even 3 of billups jr & kleiza- and you can play your six best players together alot on a basketball team- nuggets w karl wont do that- it is stupid

billups, carmelo, jr kleiza, nene & kmart(barely) should be playing the prominant roles- doesnt it feel like a f u right to all of our faces by using players lke jones & ac in more prominant roles thana jr or lk- i feel like he is cheating us- role players are to be used in roles- your best players play as often as possible

karl has to go(or play his top 6)- we need a couple players we are terrible at rebounding and need another shooter-THIS TEAM COULD WIN IT ALL- nugs are closer than ever before- but there aint a snowballs chanc in h that karl will let the nuggets dominate people by playing the best

our best six are better than ever before- they could play atleast 30 ins tgether maybe more-they will proboly play together closer to 10- sorry it was too long

Like hell I'm going to read all of that. Anyways, I DON'T CARE WHO THE HELL STARTS!! This team better get it's act together and start playing like a damn team. What the hell happened to the solid defense that we sustained through the first 3 games? How the hell do you go from holding a great team like the Lakers to just 38% shooting after a back-to-back game with the Clippers to lose to a Warriors team on 4 days rest? Especially, considering the Warriors were minus their two best players and Nuggets blew an 18 point lead.

Some of these guys are getting paid too damn much to be producing such sh*tty results. Instead of being 2-2, we(Nuggets) are now 1-3. I can accept losing to teams that we are suppose to lose to, but I cannot accept losing to teams that we know we are suppose to beat.

Last edited by KRAYZIE : 11-07-2008 at 01:57 AM.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
You really expect AC to get major minutes still?

yes- there is no doubt that karl will still give ac major minutes- THE ONLY consistant pattern that karl has shown coaching the nuggets is that he likes playing the 2 smallest players together

are you really going to act suprised when karl plays ac atleast 20 mins a night and has alot of a billups/ac backcourt? are you really pretending this wont happen?

dahntay jones is not a very good basketball player- his skill set is a horrible match w carmelo & nene- when he is in the game his man instantly double teams carmelo or nene the second they touch the ball- we have real bigtime nba players- jones is on the fringe of being in the league- imo atbest jones fits on a playoff winning team as the 10th-12th man- not as a 5th-7th- what am i missing on that makes you think jones should be used w the 1st unit- how does he help?

you have to play your best players- we have 6- the rest are alteast a full notch or more below the talent level- lk clearly makes the most sense as a 6th man being able to fill 3 dif spots- it is important to play your best players- not doing so on purpose makes your team weaker

i cant understand how playing your best players is such a radical idea in basketball- i cant figure out how im so far away from you on this- ill quit questioning ac & jones playing such prominant roles- i see that you feel they should- dont get it but respect your opinions
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #5
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

KRAYZIE is right. It doesn't matter who we play, all that matters is the "W" in the end. Now that my Boy from CU is back with the Nuggets, it's time to get down to business.

But if you(CaptainOwlClub) want to talk about starters and lineups, I'll tell you:
Starters:
pg-Billups
sg-Smith
sf-Anthony
pf-Martin
c-Nene

Bench
pg-Carter
sg-Jones
sf-Kleiza
pf-Balkman
c-Andersen

Enough said, that is the lineup. If Karl wants to start Jones, go ahead, as long as Smith gets more minutes. I got notin' against Jones, I like the kid cause he got hops and is intense on defense. As long as JR has the minutes I'm fine.

I unlike the others guys read all of what you have to say and I think you are reading to much into it then you really should. We all know who the best players are, and I definitely agree that those 3 minutes that were with Melo, Kleiza, Smith, Martin, and Nene were great.

I believe we will be better with Billups because he's that guy that will replace Kleiza in your listing, and Kleiza wil bring that sixth man approach. Hopefully LK can get his game going again.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: