Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: When Is It OK to Kill a Black Man?

Perhaps a mod can change the title of the thread, because people are just trolling. Probably my own fault. A poor choice of a thread name.

Fcuk it. Might as well delete the thread all together.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Perhaps a mod can change the title of the thread, because people are just trolling. Probably my own fault. A poor choice of a thread name.

Fcuk it. Might as well delete the thread all together.

Lebron stan quitting...the irony!

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    That's not what irony means

Yes, it is.

NBA rookie of the year

not sure what the thread was originally about but I will give a serious answer:

The times its ok to kill a black man is the exact same time it is ok to kill anyone of any race or gender. There is no time its ok to kill a black man that wouldnt warrant killing a white, east asian, south asian, native american, arab, latino, slavic, etc man.

Times its ok to kill a man:
    1. If you need to kill that man in order to prevent death or serious injury to yourself. IMO its appropriate to kill a person if they are trying to render you unconscious or with a potentially life changing injury, and obviously for any level of violence above this.

2. its ok to kill a man if they present that level of threat or greater towards another person and by killing them you can prevent the third party from being harmed.

3. if a man is convicted and sentenced to death.

4. if you are in a state of war with a nation/group that man is in, and the man has not surrendered.
    Edit:
    5. I am also a strong proponent of the castle doctrine. A persons home is different from public spaces. If someone breaks into your home you should have the right to shoot to kill. The strength/presence of the castle doctrine varies by state, so be sure to check if the castle doctrine applies to your area before blasting away.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_...tate_positions
    you can see if your state has the castle doctrine and how strong it is

6. I am a strong proponent of felony murder rule. if a person initiates a crime, and a death results from that crime, even if it is not directly the fault of the person that initiated the crime, I feel comfortable charging that initial criminal with murder. Eg. 2 friends rob a convenience store, store owner shoots one dead with a shotgun. The surviving robber should be charged with felony murder and the store owner should be free to go.

As of August 2008, 46 states in the United States have a felony murder rule,[11] under which felony murder is generally first-degree murder. In 24 of those states, it is a capital offense.[11] When the government seeks to impose the death penalty on someone convicted of felony murder, the Eighth Amendment has been interpreted so as to impose additional limitations on the state power. The death penalty may not be imposed if the defendant is merely a minor participant and did not actually kill or intend to kill. However, the death penalty may be imposed if the defendant is a major participant in the underlying felony and "exhibits extreme indifference to human life".

The Model Penal Code does not include the felony murder rule, but allows the commission of a felony to raise a presumption of extreme indifference to the value of human life.[12][13] Thus, the felony murder rule is effectively used as a rule of evidence.

Most states recognize the merger doctrine, which holds that a criminal assault cannot serve as the predicate felony for the felony murder rule.
    So be sure to check if the felony murder rule applies in your state.

I think in general those are the times our justice system would rule its ok to kill a man.

legality aside I am ok with killing heinous criminals. Eg. Jerry sandusky. But our legal system would disagree, overall our legal system tends to coddle violent criminals, and is overly harsh towards non-violent criminals. Eg. all drug use should be legal.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 08-22-2014 at 01:11 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    not sure what the thread was originally about but I will give a serious answer:

The times its ok to kill a black man is the exact same time it is ok to kill anyone of any race or gender. There is no time its ok to kill a black man that wouldnt warrant killing a white, east asian, south asian, native american, arab, latino, slavic, etc man.

Times its ok to kill a man:
    1. If you need to kill that man in order to prevent death or serious injury to yourself. IMO its appropriate to kill a person if they are trying to render you unconscious or with a potentially life changing injury, and obviously for any level of violence above this.

2. its ok to kill a man if they present that level of threat or greater towards another person and by killing them you can prevent the third party from being harmed.

3. if a man is convicted and sentenced to death.

4. if you are in a state of war with a nation/group that man is in, and the man has not surrendered.
    Edit:
    5. I am also a strong proponent of the castle doctrine. A persons home is different from public spaces. If someone breaks into your home you should have the right to shoot to kill. The strength/presence of the castle doctrine varies by state, so be sure to check if the castle doctrine applies to your area before blasting away.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_...tate_positions
    you can see if your state has the castle doctrine and how strong it is

6. I am a strong proponent of felony murder rule. if a person initiates a crime, and a death results from that crime, even if it is not directly the fault of the person that initiated the crime, I feel comfortable charging that initial criminal with murder. Eg. 2 friends rob a convenience store, store owner shoots one dead with a shotgun. The surviving robber should be charged with felony murder and the store owner should be free to go.

So be sure to check if the felony murder rule applies in your state.

I think in general those are the times our justice system would rule its ok to kill a man.

legality aside I am ok with killing heinous criminals. Eg. Jerry sandusky. But our legal system would disagree, overall our legal system tends to coddle violent criminals, and is overly harsh towards non-violent criminals. Eg. all drug use should be legal.
    I think I'm going to get burger king for dinner tonight, double whopper with cheese maybe. Or perhaps I'll get some chinese food instead. Not sure yet.

Great college starter

When he is in my home trying to hurt me or my family.

If I were cop whenever the **** I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    When he is in my home trying to hurt me or my family.

If I were cop whenever the **** I want.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

When he doesn't get the cotton in on time

it's ok when they don't start working even after you whip them.

when the sun or moon is visible

So, my wife got a ton of these yogurts that are like, dual packs? One big section of Greek yogurt, and one small section of granola or fruit or whatever. You open the whole thing, then dump the small thing of granola into the yogurt. Stir, eat, right?

Not so fast. So, today I brought one to work that had fruit compote instead of granola for the first time. I did my thing, opened the pack, then tried to dump the fruit. Nothing happened! It's stuck in there. Not like the loose granola. This is like a jelly or jam almost. I had to physically scoop it into the yogurt with my spoon.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I think I'm going to get burger king for dinner tonight, double whopper with cheese maybe. Or perhaps I'll get some chinese food instead. Not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    So, my wife got a ton of these yogurts that are like, dual packs? One big section of Greek yogurt, and one small section of granola or fruit or whatever. You open the whole thing, then dump the small thing of granola into the yogurt. Stir, eat, right?

Not so fast. So, today I brought one to work that had fruit compote instead of granola for the first time. I did my thing, opened the pack, then tried to dump the fruit. Nothing happened! It's stuck in there. Not like the loose granola. This is like a jelly or jam almost. I had to physically scoop it into the yogurt with my spoon.

Priceless!