Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-22-2018, 12:11 AM   #31
superduper
EmGOAT

Default Re: Was Wade considered better than Kobe after 06?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
then why does kobe averaged more assists than bron in crunch time in the playoffs and in the finals?

Lets.

Go.

HOME
superduper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:45 AM   #32
BigShotBob
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongLurk
Guys, once again, I never thought Wade was better than Kobe. I've been watching ball since the 90s.

But what I was fishing for was some responses about the TALK of Wade being better than Kobe. Hell I remember when people argued TMAC>Kobe which was never true in my opinion.

There were no "talks" of Wade being better than a 3x NBA Champion and a multiple All-Star that was already considered to be the best player in the league, let alone the best SG.

The question was, "how many more could the Heat win?" And they were poised to repeat if it weren't for injuries. If Wade won 2-3 from 06'-08' then he would have definitely been in the discussion, especially if he met up with Kobe in the Finals in 08' and beat him.

But in the mid' 2000's, which was a very dark time for basketball imo, Kobe was the best. From about 04'-09' was when Kobe's skills in all facets of the game reached a different level than everyone else. Then afterwards he was too injured and broken down.
BigShotBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:03 AM   #33
Manny98
Rookie of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
then why does kobe averaged more assists than bron in crunch time in the playoffs and in the finals?
No he doesn't and even if he did that doesn't prove shit.

LeBron averages more assists and has a better assist to turnover ratio making him a clearly better playmaker.
Manny98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:51 AM   #34
elementally morale
NBA rookie of the year

In 2006? No.
Some talks started in 2008-2009. That died down pretty fast.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:57 AM   #35
Gileraracer
The triggerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
No he doesn't and even if he did that doesn't prove shit.

LeBron averages more assists and has a better assist to turnover ratio making him a clearly better playmaker.

Lebron held the ball for 12 minutes per game in last years finals and destroyed every chance for ball movement. Of course he racks up assist numbers. Inflated stats that lead to losing bball
Gileraracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:23 AM   #36
Manny98
Rookie of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gileraracer
Lebron held the ball for 12 minutes per game in last years finals and destroyed every chance for ball movement. Of course he racks up assist numbers. Inflated stats that lead to losing bball
Only 12 minutes? Maybe if he held the ball longer the Cavs would've won as his garbage can teammates were incapable of making any plays.
Manny98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:13 AM   #37
SamuraiSWISH
For the Culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
Only 12 minutes? Maybe if he held the ball longer the Cavs would've won as his garbage can teammates were incapable of making any plays.
Because of no rhythm lol they donít run an offense, so lesser players canít get comfortable or know where to be / what to do ... and why all stars donít like playing with James.

Because they stand around watching LeBron Ball, dominate possession and micromanaging all forms of decision making. Like an over controlling parent. These are obvious optical facts.
SamuraiSWISH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:56 AM   #38
StrongLurk
Buzz City

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShotBob
There were no "talks" of Wade being better than a 3x NBA Champion and a multiple All-Star that was already considered to be the best player in the league, let alone the best SG.

The question was, "how many more could the Heat win?" And they were poised to repeat if it weren't for injuries. If Wade won 2-3 from 06'-08' then he would have definitely been in the discussion, especially if he met up with Kobe in the Finals in 08' and beat him.

But in the mid' 2000's, which was a very dark time for basketball imo, Kobe was the best. From about 04'-09' was when Kobe's skills in all facets of the game reached a different level than everyone else. Then afterwards he was too injured and broken down.

Wow what? I mean, the whole conversation would have been Wade was the LEAD DOG and had a better finals in 06 than Kobe ever had at that point. Kobe's 04-05 season was a disaster after his HORRIBLE performance in the 2004 finals. Then in 05-06, he couldn't get out of the first round after having a 3-1 lead. I mean, what had Kobe really proved AS THE LEAD DOG by 06? Hell, even Duncan won another chip in 07 and then Kobe fizzled hard in 08 against the Celtics so...

Also, you are overrating Kobe 04-09 VERY much. Kobe was the best player in the league in 05-06 and 06-07. MAYBE 08, but 08 had NO clear cut best player in my opinion. Lebron was definitely the best player in 09.
StrongLurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:24 AM   #39
elementally morale
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Wow what? I mean, the whole conversation would have been Wade was the LEAD DOG and had a better finals in 06 than Kobe ever had at that point. Kobe's 04-05 season was a disaster after his HORRIBLE performance in the 2004 finals. Then in 05-06, he couldn't get out of the first round after having a 3-1 lead. I mean, what had Kobe really proved AS THE LEAD DOG by 06? Hell, even Duncan won another chip in 07 and then Kobe fizzled hard in 08 against the Celtics so...

Also, you are overrating Kobe 04-09 VERY much. Kobe was the best player in the league in 05-06 and 06-07. MAYBE 08, but 08 had NO clear cut best player in my opinion. Lebron was definitely the best player in 09.

You asked something. People answered.

Quote:
What say you?

This was your objective. Knowing what others think. Now... you are pretending that others cannot think 'clearly' or 'different'. Because there are right and wrong thoughts here. And it is you that can tell right from wrong.

Grow up.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:53 PM   #40
superduper
EmGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
So you're really going to argue Kobe was a better playmaker than Bird, Jordan, Drexler, Pippen etc. Was Malone a better scorer than Jordan & Kobe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAa2JkDP3DU

LOLLLLLLL this was against Bran.

Case.....

.............SHUT
superduper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:56 PM   #41
StrongLurk
Buzz City

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
You asked something. People answered.

This was your objective. Knowing what others think. Now... you are pretending that others cannot think 'clearly' or 'different'. Because there are right and wrong thoughts here. And it is you that can tell right from wrong.

Grow up.

Nah I just like to rustle BigShot. I mean, he has Shaq, Kobe AND Lebron outside of the top ten of all time...
Old 09-22-2018, 02:27 PM   #42
SouBeachTalents
LeBron 2011 Jamesô

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAa2JkDP3DU

LOLLLLLLL this was against Bran.

Case.....

.............SHUT
One game sample sizes in a 20 year career are the best way to gauge who's best
SouBeachTalents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #43
BigShotBob
Local High School Star

Quote:

From a individual/skill standpoint Kobe was better than anyone else. But he was the best during a very down period of the NBA. I did not enjoy watching basketball much back then until the Celtics/Lakers rivalry was renewed for a brief amount of time.

I'm not overrating Kobe, it's just the way it was. Every player, coach, and GM said that Kobe was the best in the world at the time. Every analytic jockey, sports writer, and columnist parroted the same thing.

He had no real competition except for maybe Tim Duncan for best in the world, and Duncan had his own issues (losing a game 7 at home, losing to the Lakers in 08' after winning a championship, etc).

I think 09' was Kobe's last good or great year. Lebron in 09' was not skilled enough imo. He was too easy to stop or defend if you keyed in on him. He also had some very bad defensive habits still and I never liked his lack of a motor even in his prime.
BigShotBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #44
Vertical-24
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
So you're really going to argue Kobe was a better playmaker than Bird, Jordan, Drexler, Pippen etc. Was Malone a better scorer than Jordan & Kobe?
Kobe was a better playmaker than Drexler and had to take more of the bulk of playmaking duties than Pip did (though I wouldn't call him the better playmaker per se. But I think we can admit that Kobe's playmaking skills are unfairly underrated by most.
Vertical-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #45
StrongLurk
Buzz City

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShotBob
From a individual/skill standpoint Kobe was better than anyone else. But he was the best during a very down period of the NBA. I did not enjoy watching basketball much back then until the Celtics/Lakers rivalry was renewed for a brief amount of time.

I'm not overrating Kobe, it's just the way it was. Every player, coach, and GM said that Kobe was the best in the world at the time. Every analytic jockey, sports writer, and columnist parroted the same thing.

He had no real competition except for maybe Tim Duncan for best in the world, and Duncan had his own issues (losing a game 7 at home, losing to the Lakers in 08' after winning a championship, etc).

I think 09' was Kobe's last good or great year. Lebron in 09' was not skilled enough imo. He was too easy to stop or defend if you keyed in on him. He also had some very bad defensive habits still and I never liked his lack of a motor even in his prime.

Only part of this I have to absolutely disagree with is your opinion of Lebron in 09. 09 can ABSOLUTELY be argued for peak Lebron simply by impact and numbers. Yeah, he became more versatile in Miami and a better shooter, but in 09 it didn't matter what defenses did to him, he was unstoppable.

MVP, 66 wins and one of the most dominating playoff runs I've ever seen from an individual standpoint. 09 Lebron put up 35/9/7 on elite efficiency with a SUPER-SLOW pace. Cannot understate the slow pace in which he still put up those insane numbers.

You need to re-watch some film from 09 Lebron.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: