Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-23-2018, 11:47 AM   #16
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Lakers won't make the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Nuggets don't have LeBron James or anyone comparable. If James has a season as good as the one he just had LA is a playoff team. For most of his career James has been a guy that can take all but the worst rosters to the playoffs. And LA wasn't one of the worst rosters.

The Lakers roster is horrible outside of Lebron. They'll need roster changes by the end of the year to get in.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #17
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
you are living with the the playoffs only in your memory. Lebron is able to dominate much more in the playoffs and take over.

Look what happened last regular season for him, and that team was waay better than his roster in LA. LA has more talent going forward, but the roster is poorly constructed to fit lebron ball unlike Cleveland.

and it takes time to adapt playstyle in such a major way. for his teammates
He averaged 27 points 8 rebounds and 9 assists in the regular season. Pretty sure he was top 3 in MVP voting. He scored more in the playoffs but he also only faced playoff teams in the playoffs so he had to do more. James last season did exactly what he needed to do to win the East. Next season he will do exactly what he must to make the playoffs provided he doesn't decline.

And there was nothing perfect about Cleveland's roster. They basically traded Kyrie Irving for nothing and thus only had one other All Star caliber player. Who was the third best player on the team, Korver? Maybe not but he often looked like it. James' ideal supporting cast would have a second guy that can initiate the offense, great shooters and great defenders. The shooting was alright (largely thanks to Korver) but the defense was terrible and there was no secondary ballhandler of note. The Irving trade/Thomas injury was a huge blow.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:01 PM   #18
kennethgriffen
Good college starter

Quote:
He averaged 27 points 8 rebounds and 9 assists in the regular season. Pretty sure he was top 3 in MVP voting. He scored more in the playoffs but he also only faced playoff teams in the playoffs so he had to do more. James last season did exactly what he needed to do to win the East. Next season he will do exactly what he must to make the playoffs provided he doesn't decline.

And there was nothing perfect about Cleveland's roster. They basically traded Kyrie Irving for nothing and thus only had one other All Star caliber player. Who was the third best player on the team, Korver? Maybe not but he often looked like it. James' ideal supporting cast would have a second guy that can initiate the offense, great shooters and great defenders. The shooting was alright (largely thanks to Korver) but the defense was terrible and there was no secondary ballhandler of note. The Irving trade/Thomas injury was a huge blow.

a celtic fan that worships lebron is a very disgusting sight considering what happened in 2012 and with ray allen going to the enemy in 2013.. then lebron taking out hayward... then the ECF rig job last year

lebron is public enemy #1 in boston. you need to get your priorities straight... that or go watch the real celtics in LA since they moved and changed their name to the clippers
kennethgriffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:23 PM   #19
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
a celtic fan that worships lebron is a very disgusting sight considering what happened in 2012 and with ray allen going to the enemy in 2013.. then lebron taking out hayward... then the ECF rig job last year

lebron is public enemy #1 in boston. you need to get your priorities straight... that or go watch the real celtics in LA since they moved and changed their name to the clippers
I am not sure why you go out of your way to troll me but since you need reminding: everything you post is stupid bullshit and I have no respect for your opinion.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:54 PM   #20
StrongLurk
StrongLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
The Lakers roster is horrible outside of Lebron. They'll need roster changes by the end of the year to get in.

Exactly, I don't know what the **** people are thinking. The Lakers were dogshit last year.
StrongLurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:57 PM   #21
kennethgriffen
Good college starter

Quote:
I am not sure why you go out of your way to troll me but since you need reminding: everything you post is stupid bullshit and I have no respect for your opinion.

why are you so angry

being a mod is a tough job. i get it. but isolation sickness is a real thing. it causes people to go on anti anxiety medication later in life just to function
kennethgriffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:04 PM   #22
AirTupac
Magic and Rob Dream

Lakers were dogshit last year and were on their way to 40 wins with injuries to key players like Ingram+Lonzo? With a backup PG in Ennis (out of the league)?

Okay so then we add the best player in the league and one of the best backup PG's in Rondo....

Oh then Kuzma looks to be a different player based on Kobe/Magic/Pelinka's comments. Ingram has been training with Oladipo's trainer all off season and all the other young guys have more experience.... Lonzo, Hart.

So your telling me a MUCH better roster than last year with BETTER youth who were ALREADY on their way to 40 wins, won't make playoffs

It's a 50+ win team easily you stupid fukwits. 3rd seed minimum.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:55 PM   #23
StrongLurk
StrongLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Lakers were dogshit last year and were on their way to 40 wins with injuries to key players like Ingram+Lonzo? With a backup PG in Ennis (out of the league)?

Okay so then we add the best player in the league and one of the best backup PG's in Rondo....

Oh then Kuzma looks to be a different player based on Kobe/Magic/Pelinka's comments. Ingram has been training with Oladipo's trainer all off season and all the other young guys have more experience.... Lonzo, Hart.

So your telling me a MUCH better roster than last year with BETTER youth who were ALREADY on their way to 40 wins, won't make playoffs

It's a 50+ win team easily you stupid fukwits. 3rd seed minimum.

This is what I'm talking about. Just pure delusion.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:10 PM   #24
AirTupac
Magic and Rob Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongLurk
This is what I'm talking about. Just pure delusion.

No retort. LeBron + Lakers > You
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #25
stalkerforlife
Banned

Damage control.

LA is stacked to the brim with young talent.

Missing the playoffs would rank next to 07 and 11.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:21 PM   #26
Docs Orders
Ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
Damage control.

LA is stacked to the brim with young talent.

Missing the playoffs would rank next to 07 and 11.

Why did Kobe only win 16 games with the young talent
Docs Orders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:30 PM   #27
StrongLurk
StrongLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
No retort. LeBron + Lakers > You

No need to retort when my thread and all of my posts already did that.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:40 PM   #28
Skip_Bayless
I usually hit open layups

LeBron has always played on rosters that were perfectly suited to his style of losing basketball. Now it's even worse because not only must the team be constructed such that they allow him to get his stats while winning, but they also need to make up for his horrible defense.
Skip_Bayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:43 PM   #29
Skip_Bayless
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffen

Him and Air Bonner claim they are die hard celtics fans but defend LeBron at all costs.
Skip_Bayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #30
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Nuggets don't have LeBron James or anyone comparable. If James has a season as good as the one he just had LA is a playoff team. For most of his career James has been a guy that can take all but the worst rosters to the playoffs. And LA wasn't one of the worst rosters.

So then the Lakers will be the third seed as only GSW and Houston have a comparable player?

The Lakers are far from a playoff lock, and depending on where Butler ends up, it may get tougher or easier. Only three teams in the West are current locks (Houston, GSW, Utah) and then you have OKC and SAS who are as close to locks possible. That leaves the Lakers, Nuggets, Blazers, Wolves (depending on Butler), Clippers & Pelicans all battling for three spots.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: