Thread: Hatin on Hootie

Default Hatin on Hootie

I`ve heard enough Darius Rucker hate for a lifetime, but I am here to tell you Hootie and the Blowfish`s 'Hold my Hand' is an unbelievably well crafted song, and haters need to fakk off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoW3bqnr7tw

If you don't like the above jam you are mad at life or a bullshit poseur not in touch with his innermost emotions.

Sure some of their other jams were duds, but HMH is pop music's greatest moment, trans-genral, brilliantly crafted art, doused in an unquenchable melody. It is basically eargasmic perfection.

Hootie got hate because he got too much love. You see it was the mid-90s and America was coming off the throws of the LA riots and gangsta rap, and all we wanted a cuddly black man not named Heathcliff Huxtable that we could wrap our arms around and not feel threatened by.

Enter Darius.

One part Frat boy, one part stoner, one part Bob Marley, one part Brad Daugherty. He liked sports, he shopped at the Gap and he hung around Hanson rejects.

Perfect. But then we hated ourselves for liking him.

We've gone too far.

Bring it back, at least for this song.

Bring him back from country music and stop mistaking him for that horrible Counting Crows fella.

Default Re: Hatin on Hootie

Horrible generic shit frat party sheeple garbage.