Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old Today, 08:07 AM   #1216
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Default Re: The 2017 off-season...Hayward, Hill, Ingles...?

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/20...tary-students/

Quote:
Gobert took a forward-looking approach when asked about being more of a leader on the Jazz.
“I think I already was

Since 2014 actually. Funny that others are saying it now too though!
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:33 AM   #1217
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

https://www.slcdunk.com/2017/9/20/16...itter-downbeat

Quote:
Dennis Lindsey did it. Is there nothing he can’t accomplish?

Let me count the ways!

Quote:
My biggest hope is that being more “data-driven” means that officials will be less influenced by both emotion and star power.

Believe it when I see it

Quote:
Dante Exum is a perfect example of this type of “rookie treatment.” I’ve never seen a player, game after game, receive foul calls for doing the same types of things you would never see a veteran/star player called for.

Poor Dante! If only the coach and the refs wouldn't pick on him he'd be a star.

Quote:
If data-driven means anything, I hope it means overseeing which officials are negatively affecting games too often, and, if the officiating from those officials doesn’t improve, they are released.

Send them to the G-league?

Quote:
I love Joe Ingles and I love Rudy Gobert. Something tells me this will happen.

As long as the front office continues to do what they do they will never come close. They could have had a chance this year and they downgraded the roster.

Quote:
Can Favs hit that three? If so, our offense will be in great shape.

Not to mention the 3 new all-stars Rubio, Hood and Exum!

Quote:
This makes me think that just like the backlash bothered Kevin Durant, I wouldn’t doubt it has bothered Gordon Hayward. But, you know what, they deserve the backlash.

For seven years, here at SLC Dunk, we have watched, cheered for and written about Gordon Hayward like everyone else. And he turned his back on all of us. He deserves every boo and twitter troll he receives. If he’s feeling down about his decision like KD apparently did, good. Because I promise you that Hayward cared very little about what he put fans through who supported him for so long.

I'd stand up and clap for Hayward and I was never his biggest fan. He was great in the playoffs last year and the Jazz gave him little choice but to leave.
Old Today, 08:39 AM   #1218
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

https://thejnotes.com/2017/09/20/uta...t-approaching/

Quote:
At least one player will have to be cut prior to that date for the Jazz to get to the 15-man maximum roster. That excludes Nate Wolters and Eric Griffin, each of whom inked two-way contracts with the team.

I imagine they could get cut in favor of someone else on the 2 way too. Their contracts are small.

Quote:
Barring injuries or a surprise move from Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey, second-year big man Joel Bolomboy and former Baylor wing and Spanish Supercup winner Royce O’Neale are likely competing for the final spot.

I don't necessarily think. Someone could be traded. If Exum sucks still I'd get rid of him without blinking an eye!

Quote:
Other things to monitor during camp include the Rodney Hood extension talks, Dante Exum’s progress ahead of what could be a make-or-break year and the ability of Derrick Favors and Alec Burks to come back from injuries.

Exum proving his worth is certainly one of the things to watch. Hood being a go to guy. How they can do anything offensively without spreading the floor. How the rotation will shake out which to me has a lot to do with where Exum is too.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: