Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: X Box One or PS4

I can admit when I'm wrong. Xbox sold well in feb with 258k. Ps4 hit 286k or around (not looking at number). Hell even wii u did well (for wii u). Good month overall.

I wonder how many of those were returned toward the end of the month, once the rumors started about the Titanfall bundle? I know I would have returned mine.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

What did you guys use your Microsoft credit on? From the leftover 360 stuff, Microsoft turned it into usable credit. Just got my email yesterday and I know some got their's 5+ months ago.

I'm having trouble figuring out where I can even use it. Microsoft store's navigation is shit and when I put a random item in my cart and take it to the final total, it's not using the credit.

Do not understand. Do not have a shitty Windows phone. Do not use Windows 8 (nor do I want to). Do not have an X Box One.

Why can't I use it to buy some Microsoft PC game? They had a decent sale, but of course it all sold out by now. Or at least some cheap headphones.

Angry Re: X Box One or PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I wonder how many of those were returned toward the end of the month, once the rumors started about the Titanfall bundle? I know I would have returned mine.
    No idea if npd accounts for that. I would assume not, but I know I would have taken it back that day. Same with ps4. They give you a month on these things for that very reason. No need 5o get screwed over by buying on the 10th and two weeks later being able to save 60 dollsrs or 70 in canada...

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    No idea if npd accounts for that. I would assume not, but I know I would have taken it back that day. Same with ps4. They give you a month on these things for that very reason. No need 5o get screwed over by buying on the 10th and two weeks later being able to save 60 dollsrs or 70 in canada...
    Exactly. Props to them for having a good month. I'm excited to see the weekly sales for Titanfall though, specifically if it gets an individual platform breakdown.

Probably gonna pick it up on my 360 when it drops in a couple weeks.

Also damn Wii U had a good month, no idea what made it sell well considering DK:TF didn't exactly perform great. 130K in 8 days. Pretty good for the install base, but I don't think Nintendo is proud or disappointed by those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Also damn Wii U had a good month, no idea what made it sell well considering DK:TF didn't exactly perform great. 130K in 8 days. Pretty good for the install base, but I don't think Nintendo is proud or disappointed by those numbers.
    Well it had a good month by wii u standards... If ps4 or one had sold like that someone would be getting fired lol. Btw I've never been a big donkey kong fan, but since I'm starving for games I picked it up, and I must say it is very challenging for a "kiddie" game. The install base in the us is somewhere around 2.2 million for wii u, if I am correct, so 7% or so of the userbase picking the game up is actually worrisome I would think. Still fun game, and ninty games always seem to have good legs, so who knows maybe it can hit a decent amount by years end.

I thought about picking titanfall up on the 360 I got as a gift a couple years back, but honestly I'm pretty much shooter'd out. I bought bf4, and ghosts, and I haven't touched cod in about 2 weeks, and before that I was only playing a match or two then shutting it off. As for bf4 I haven't touched it since ps4 launch day. The troubles it had, and still has put me off of it. Can't sell it because digital.

Another big problem I have with buying titanfall is I never bought gold for 360, since all my friends played on ps3, and I was never a halo fan, so I never bothered. Now I've got ps+ for ps4 (which is bullish... suck fony) to play online, so buying tf means another 60 bucks. Pretty much not paying 130 bucks for a single game.

Well it had a good month by wii u standards... If ps4 or one had sold like that someone would be getting fired lol. Btw I've never been a big donkey kong fan, but since I'm starving for games I picked it up, and I must say it is very challenging for a "kiddie" game. The install base in the us is somewhere around 2.2 million for wii u, if I am correct, so 7% or so of the userbase picking the game up is actually worrisome I would think. Still fun game, and ninty games always seem to have good legs, so who knows maybe it can hit a decent amount by years end.

I thought about picking titanfall up on the 360 I got as a gift a couple years back, but honestly I'm pretty much shooter'd out. I bought bf4, and ghosts, and I haven't touched cod in about 2 weeks, and before that I was only playing a match or two then shutting it off. As for bf4 I haven't touched it since ps4 launch day. The troubles it had, and still has put me off of it. Can't sell it because digital.

Another big problem I have with buying titanfall is I never bought gold for 360, since all my friends played on ps3, and I was never a halo fan, so I never bothered. Now I've got ps+ for ps4 (which is bullish... suck fony) to play online, so buying tf means another 60 bucks. Pretty much not paying 130 bucks for a single game.
    Yeah by Nintendo standards. I think it's the 4th biggest month it's had. So props there. DK:TF is probably the hardest platformer I've ever played. I died on the first boss 12 times before I finally beat it. I think it's not that bad because DK is one of the lesser used?(not sure on the right word) Nintendo guys, and there's some major platformer fatigue amongst the Wii U fanbase.

Besides when almost (and I do mean literally almost) every person has NSMBU and something like 75% has 3D World, they know they're doing a good job on the Mario front. Plus that's only 8 days sale.

BF4 is soooo soooooooo much better now. It never crashes anymore, the servers are stable 85% of the time. The bad 15 comes from conquest large, which is up and down depending on the server patch. The problem with the game now is they fix 1 thing and break 2-3 more things.

Aw yeah I can't blame you for not buying Titanfall then. Complete waste of a purchase.

It's funny how a lot of the PS3 owners are still mad that you have to pay for your subscription to play online on the 4. PSN was probably good enough for you when it was free, but XBox Live shit all over it in every single way. XBL was a big reason I chose the 360 over the PS3 last gen. It would be impossible for PSN to compete with XBL if they keep giving their service away for free. And how do you expect them to maintain good security for it's users with no funds?

I am glad Sony is charging now, the service is and will become much better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    It's funny how a lot of the PS3 owners are still mad that you have to pay for your subscription to play online on the 4. PSN was probably good enough for you when it was free, but XBox Live shit all over it in every single way. XBL was a big reason I chose the 360 over the PS3 last gen. It would be impossible for PSN to compete with XBL if they keep giving their service away for free. And how do you expect them to maintain good security for it's users with no funds?

I am glad Sony is charging now, the service is and will become much better for it.
    Sorry that we don't want to pay to use our own internet connections. 90 bucks a month for my internet, and another 5 bucks a month is just not necessary. If you morons that paid for live didn't pay for it then we wouldn't be forced to pay to use our own internet connections in the first place, but you know what the 30ish million dummies that paid for live showed mega corps? Hey screw us over, make us pay two times for something that I already pay for.

Microsoft has been nothing but a detriment to the video games industry as a whole in my eyes. Seriously try and think of one good thing they have done for gamers, gotta think hard about it right? I can think of a couple pretty bad things they have done for gamers in a heartbeat. DRM, and paid subscriptions.

I swear to god if you say halo... bungie would have made halo regardless, epic would have made gears regardless, etc.

Anyways as for xbox live being better than psn, prove it. Games that had dedicated servers had them on both, games that had p2p servers had them on both. All you got for xbox live is a placebo effect. If you're told it's better it is. That was true for at least 5 years, hell it still might be, I'm not sure.

I don't blame sony for charging online play now. Why shouldn't they? Ms, and morons showed them they were leaving billions on the table by not charging for online.

Sorry if I came off rude. The subject of paywalls pisses me off. I find it rediculous, and when consumers offer corporations their rights, the corporations will take them.

@rose

No kidding on the platformer fatigue lol. I bought my wii u mainly for zelda. I kinda like an odd mario game, but damn every game is mario, or another platformer. Kinda excited for bayo, and x, but don't know too much about x though.

Don't know if I will buy kart, but smash I am day 1!

As for bf4, I broke the cardinal rule, don't buy ea games! It's something I try not to do, but I often fall into the hype. Dragon age is my one exception, and apparently bf4 lol. I might give it a whirl sometime, I'm just glad I didn't buy elite like I bought the ghosts season pass.

There's a reason why 360 had faster updates, more doc exclusives and was never taken down, you paid top dollar for it

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    There's a reason why 360 had faster updates, more doc exclusives and was never taken down, you paid top dollar for it
    The 360 had better download speeds because of 1 of two reasons, either you had a download on 360 on a low traffic time, and the ps3 at a high traffic time. Or you were using wireless, because the ps3 wifi quite frankly sucked, even for it's time. Using wifi on a console is a waste anyways, but I do see the need for some. Not everyone can run a 50ft cord, I get that.

Maybe im wrong, but when I downloaded stick of truth the other day it took 25 mins. Don't know how long it would take on 360, but can't get much faster than that.

Edit: and I would never argue ps3 didn't have serious design flaws. It was a horrible system at launch. They made the thing incredibly difficult to work with, and it showed in nearly every single game.

It came around as the devs got used to it, but very rarely did it ever get the best version of games. The savings of 60 a year, and blu ray made it worth it to me, but the system had real problems. Ps4 doesn't have anywhere near the media functions of the ps3 or 360, and the lack of interesting games until friday make it a paperweight, but games will come, and so will the media stuff for the one, there is no way to patch in 50% gpu power to make up graphical differences, so it will always be hamstrung. Ps3 and 360 were just so different with 360 having a good gpu, but weak cpu, and unified ram, and ps3 havimg split ram, weak gpu, and a powerful (even to this day) cpu.

Sony got cocky, like ninty after the snes to n64 transition. They decided that they would force devs to make games to their hardware, not just make games. It bit them hard, as it should have.ms on the other hand built a machine that was much easier to code for, and it really showed, skyrim, and bayonetta being the two best examples I can think of.

Sony learned, ms is about to learn, you make developers happy by giving them something easy to work with, and they will reward you with good games, you don't, and you get the worst version of games.

The biggest difference between the 1/4 add the 360/3 comparison is the 4 holds every advantage, it's more powerful, and easier, where as with the 360/3, each had an advantage. 360 was easier to work with, while ps3 had a powerful cpu. I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 years from now 720p games on ps4, and sub hd games on the one, once devs really grit their teeth and flex the graphics muscles.
    Last edited by lilgodfather1; 03-15-2014 at 10:50 PM.

Gold was completely revolutionary on its own. It created a whole new generation of gamers who played online that would never play multiplayer unless friends were over. Made it so you didn't need a pc to play games online. Catered to the casual person who liked playing multiplayer games, but didn't have friends that wanted to play pc games. Which in turn ushered in the entire era of console gaming we have now where (for better or worse) FPS are dominant.

Made it so you can have an all in one-ish set top box (xbone with cable) instead of having a console and cable box. If you're fortunate now you don't need the cable box anymore.

Where M$ went wrong was upping the cost from 40-50 because they got ESPN. Then upping 10 more in a recession because.... And hiding everything behind a paywall. They made up for that by consistently updating the dashboard, getting new apps, (Netflix, HBO GO, Amazon etc etc), having servers that almost never went down last generation, and having party chat amongst other things. Honestly, if PSN+ wasn't the best bargain in gaming there still would have been a slim chance I would have went xbone. But I'm not paying 60 a year (although usually you can find it for 40) for the same shit behind a paywall. When the nearest competitor has a cheaper, comparable service.

Do I think that charging for online gaming is a bitch and completely unfair? Yes, but I'm also not willing to build my own pc right now. Am I glad Sony decided to charge for online service? Absolutely. I love getting free games, having party chat, etc etc. That to me is absolutely 100% worth it. But I almost certainly won't get an xbone this generation because I'm not paying for online on two systems. Personally, I think gold was a terrific thing for the xbox, brilliant idea, just the company got greedy and hasn't made it worth the purchase this generation, and really not since PS+ launched.

No kidding on the platformer fatigue lol. I bought my wii u mainly for zelda. I kinda like an odd mario game, but damn every game is mario, or another platformer. Kinda excited for bayo, and x, but don't know too much about x though.

Don't know if I will buy kart, but smash I am day 1!

As for bf4, I broke the cardinal rule, don't buy ea games! It's something I try not to do, but I often fall into the hype. Dragon age is my one exception, and apparently bf4 lol. I might give it a whirl sometime, I'm just glad I didn't buy elite like I bought the ghosts season pass.
    Dammit 3D world is fantastic!!! Platformer or not!

Not a lot is known about X, but the developer has a kinda short history but a solid one. Right now and probably for the next three or so quarters the main thing will be indie games like it was for the 3DS, then hopefully like the 3DS Nintendo has so much shit coming out for it regularly that it doesn't matter that there's no third party support.

Sorry that we don't want to pay to use our own internet connections. 90 bucks a month for my internet, and another 5 bucks a month is just not necessary. If you morons that paid for live didn't pay for it then we wouldn't be forced to pay to use our own internet connections in the first place, but you know what the 30ish million dummies that paid for live showed mega corps? Hey screw us over, make us pay two times for something that I already pay for.

Microsoft has been nothing but a detriment to the video games industry as a whole in my eyes. Seriously try and think of one good thing they have done for gamers, gotta think hard about it right? I can think of a couple pretty bad things they have done for gamers in a heartbeat. DRM, and paid subscriptions.

I swear to god if you say halo... bungie would have made halo regardless, epic would have made gears regardless, etc.

Anyways as for xbox live being better than psn, prove it. Games that had dedicated servers had them on both, games that had p2p servers had them on both. All you got for xbox live is a placebo effect. If you're told it's better it is. That was true for at least 5 years, hell it still might be, I'm not sure.

I don't blame sony for charging online play now. Why shouldn't they? Ms, and morons showed them they were leaving billions on the table by not charging for online.

Sorry if I came off rude. The subject of paywalls pisses me off. I find it rediculous, and when consumers offer corporations their rights, the corporations will take them.
    X-Box Live was vastly superior than PSN was last gen. You can bitch, moan, whine, and finish the piss poor book you just wrote here, but it doesn't change the fact that PSN was inferior to Live as an online service, and the quality was never up to Live in any way. I don't need to go into all the details, nor am I inspired enough with this argument to do so. Any gamer that experienced both services knows this, unless they're a bias because of brand or the fact that you don't have to pay for one.

I don't like paying for subscriptions, but hell, I don't like paying for gas and insurance for a damn car I already bought, I don't like buying batteries for product I already paid for, and I don't like paying taxes on a house I own every year, but it's the way of life. If you work for a living and have enough money to buy a damn gaming console, then you shouldn't have an issue affording small subscription prices for something you will use. There is no way something like online gaming on consoles can remain free and continue to maintain the network properly in this day and age.

We're all morons as consumers in some way. I will gladly pay for my consoles online subscription if that means it will continue to improve, keep it's users secure, and keeping the brand I invested in competitive.

I'm sure that free service was excellent for you when there were outages for nearly a month and hackers were able to steal 77 million PSN account passwords and credit card information...God I'm a moron for using X-Box Live.