National High School Star

Default Current gen (PS4, XBone) owners to old gen (PS3, XB360) owners

Hey Ish,

I don't want to sound rude or anything, but when a new game comes out, let's use NBA 2k15 as an example, i lol when old gen owners say like "What? PS4 gets a new mode?? PS3 better get something, its looks exactly like 2k14!" (Like a free game, 1/2 price copy)

Or something similar, i'm hearing alot of these sorts of comments for GTA V, NBA 2k15 and there will most likely be some for COD.

I just find it so hilarious. Old gen owners think gaming companies are got to keep them as the target audience, once a new gen comes out, it's a growing market and developers are going to focus on that.

Thoughts? or am i on my own?

Banned

Default Re: Current gen (PS4, XBone) owners to old gen (PS3, XB360) owners

I agree. Old-gen owners also refuse to call PS4 and XBO the current-gen, because 'most people still play PS3 and 360.' Such shitty reasoning, if a console has been out for a year now and is the target audience for game developers, then you can't call it 'next-gen.'

Cheap bastards.

Banned

Agree 100%. Previous gen is lucky to get the game at all really. They won't soon developers have started dropping 360/ps3 platforms recently.

The sooner games stop being made for last gen consoles, the better off everyone will be. PC will win, and so will new gen owners.

I find it funny that people say they can't afford a new console. It's been over a year and a half since they announced the PS4. Even small children could save the 6 bucks a week it would take to afford that. It's just too bad games are still being developed for the old gen. I imagine there won't be too many this time next year though, which is nice.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

2K isnt the best example. The PS3 and 360 versions of it have the best game mode in sports history....Crew. And its for real. Not the BS streetball the new generation game has. They fixed it totally...like it was in 2k11 but no hackers.

I was pissed off to learn it wasnt in the new version. If any of my old crew people kept the 360 id have bought 2k for that and skipped it on the One.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    The sooner games stop being made for last gen consoles, the better off everyone will be. PC will win, and so will new gen owners.

I find it funny that people say they can't afford a new console. It's been over a year and a half since they announced the PS4. Even small children could save the 6 bucks a week it would take to afford that. It's just too bad games are still being developed for the old gen. I imagine there won't be too many this time next year though, which is nice.

u sound very insensitive and entitled...i got my xbox one last year but im still waiting for alot of my friends to make the jump from 360 and im being patient because i understand they are adults with families,bills,mortgage or rent some of my pals are juggling school,families and a full time job.

u expect everybody to have 500 plus to fork over for a system thats still in its infancy? not everybody is as privileged as you..im sorry!

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    u sound very insensitive and entitled...i got my xbox one last year but im still waiting for alot of my friends to make the jump from 360 and im being patient because i understand they are adults with families,bills,mortgage or rent some of my pals are juggling school,families and a full time job.

u expect everybody to have 500 plus to fork over for a system thats still in its infancy? not everybody is as privileged as you..im sorry!
    So you should be! Man I hate when people get on my priveledgeness.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1

In what world is $500 cheap for you? Then there's the fact that new games cost $60/each and in addition you'll need to purchase controllers and most likely an online subscription which cost additional money per month.

I haven't bought a video game in years but how much new games do people buy with in a year? 4-5? That's like almost $300 worth being spent in games then another $10/month on xbox live.

But I guess for entertainment purposes a $60 video game gives you much more bang for your buck then going to a concert or sporting event, etc(which probably costs more than $60) while you'll spend countless hours playing that game.

So many people to reply to! Good.

Insensitive is a funny way to say it. The 6 dollars a week, 24 dollars a month to purchase a new console is not being insensitive. 6 dollars is nothing to anyone. Even if you're poor, 24 extra bucks a month isn't doing a thing for you. Drop the Big Mac meal, or the weekly pizza, or whatever, and you've got your console.

Nobody I know has a PS4/XB1. But I made new "friends" on PSN.

Here's the thing, video games are expensive. It's an expensive hobby, if it's too expensive for you, there's the door. People that can't afford the new gen a year out, shouldn't expect games to be made for their old systems anymore.

Entitlement has nothing to do with it, I found out when what i wanted was coming out, and I put aside money for it. Then again, I have money management skills.

How many games do I buy a year? However many peak my interest mostly. Likely at least a dozen. Think I've had about 16 for PS4 so far. Maybe more. If we're talking an average person, god knows. A good attached rate is 10 games per console, so maybe a game and a half to two. But that's per console. I had two ps3s, many people had 5+ 360's, so who knows the actual number.

I have no sympathy for people who can't afford the consoles. Don't play video games then.