Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 07-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #1
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default Stats for the following players.

Baron Davis
Elton Brand
Corey Magette
Jermaine O'neal
Chris Duhon
Marcus Camby

do you see any of these players these players being better or worse (in terms of numbers) on their new teams?
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:37 AM   #2
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Stats for the following players.

Baron - Worse, adjustment to new slower system and Kaman/Camby can't run the break well either.

Elton Brand - Same as pre clips injury. Top 15 fantasy player.

Maggete - Worse, last year was a contract year and he's playing alongside too many iso players already.

O'neal - Always been an issue of health with JO, I think playing alongside Bosh will motivate him though.

Duhon - Same, similar role with Bulls, irrelevant fantasy player nonetheless

Camby - Down, less rebound and block opportunities at his secondary position.

Last edited by bigkingsfan : 07-18-2008 at 04:39 AM.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Baron Davis 21/8/2 stl, 43%fg, 74%ft, 2 3pts
Elton Brand 20/10/2 blk 50%fg, 78%ft
Corey Magette 18/6/2 45%fg, 80% ft...10 ft's/game
Jermaine O'neal 16/9/2.5 48% fg
Chris Duhon 12/7 ast 1 stl 1.5 3pts
Marcus Camby 12/10/2 blk
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #4
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Baron - Worse, adjustment to new slower system and Kaman/Camby can't run the break well either.

Maggete - Worse, last year was a contract year and he's playing alongside too many iso players already.

O'neal - Always been an issue of health with JO, I think playing alongside Bosh will motivate him though.

I have to co-sign this..pretty much exactly what I thought..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:40 AM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't think Maggette in GS can be overlooked. That is a wing position fantasy gold mine...see SJax. Cory could at least duplicate his numbers from last year. Injuries and motivation could be an issue though...I won't be drafting Maggette.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #6
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

We disagree slightly

Baron and will be about the same.
I'm confident they're gonna Run and that Kaman is now the odd man out.
They just picked up Azibuke too and Al Thornton is better running the floor anyway. Baron will be fine but I expect his numbers to look similar to what they were when he was playing under Byron Scott with a few more break out performances since he's their best scoring option.

Camby will see a slight regression not dramatic because although he has help they'll be plenty of rebound opportunities due Kaman being such an injury risk. And It's possible Kaman might make it easier for Camby to grab boards and put backs.
10 to 14 pts, 11 boards 2 blocks is about what I expect from Camby!

Agree on Brand

Maggette Stay far away he never makes it through an entire season.
But his stats should stay the same because the perimeter players dominate the GS offense. So he's gonna see plenty scoring opportunities rebounds etc no matter what. I expect Jason Richardson type numbers from Maggette but he's an injury risk don't touch him.

Duhon is a wait and see waiver wire steal after the trade deadline.
Nate is not a true point and Duhon is the closest thing.
Marbury is prolly gonna be gone around the trade deadline. I doubt before the season starts. But his contract will either be traded or he'll be bought out. Duhon doesn't have value till Marbury is out of the picture. Letting Marbury play will get his stock up to make him easier to move. And Nate is not a true point.

I don't know what to expect from O'Neal
He's not an above the rim player and he's not a dominant rebounder. He's not a true Center neither! He real position is PF!

The guarantee is he'll avg 3blocks no matter what!
I'm confident he's gonna avg 10 boards but that's not special and next to Bosh and considering his size, he should get 14 easy because he's their only Rebounder beside Bosh and should contend for the rebounding title by default. He's capable but 12 is probably O'Neal's ceiling in boards if he put his mind to dominating the glass every night(Which is unlikely).

I say Avgs of 15pts, 10-11rebs and 3blocks around 46percent shooting is safe for O'Neal but don't draft high due to injury risk. Although I do like his chances to make it through the whole season due to him not playing last year to get back to 100percent again!
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:55 PM   #7
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

I think that Baron's scoring numbers might be about the same but i'm not so sure he can keep up his assist numbers.

I pretty much agree with bigkingsfan on his prediction.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: