Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default It looks like there isn't a clear cut championship team this season..

Atlanta Hawks and Golden State Warriors are of course leading the regular season, but then again they have had little playoff success, are they a true bonafide championship caliber team?

And then again you have dangerous teams like the LA clippers and Spurs which are surprisingly placed 6th and 7th, and Cavs which are 6th but has the best player in the world and irving, love. OKC is not even top 8 (because of injuries but they could squeeze in playoff contention somehow and make the top seed sweat a little).

It looks like there is more than 10 teams that are legitimately capable of winning a ring or at least getting to the finals...has this happened before?

Default Re: It looks like there isn't a clear cut championship team this season..

It's clear which conference will win, who takes it home between Golden State, Portland, and Memphis is up for debate though. My thought is probably Portland.

Default Re: It looks like there isn't a clear cut championship team this season..

The Warriors are legit contenders.

Atlanta will flame out at some point. They won't get through the Wiz, Bulls or Toronto come playoffs.

Banned

Spurs. They're finally starting to get healthy after dealing with injuries all season. Expect a 30 game win streak following all star break

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    The Warriors are legit contenders.

Atlanta will flame out at some point. They won't get through the Wiz, Bulls or Toronto come playoffs.
    Atlanta has a better record overall, better H2H record, better record vs. .500+ teams (best in the league), better record vs the West, better record on the road, better record at home, better offensive efficiency rating, better defensive rating, more points per game, less points game game allowed, higher FG%, lower FG% allowed, higher 3 pt%, lower 3 pt% allowed, higher point differential, lower turn over rate, more forced turn overs than the Bulls.

Atlanta >>> Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Atlanta has a better record overall, better H2H record, better record vs. .500+ teams (best in the league), better record vs the West, better record on the road, better record at home, better offensive efficiency rating, better defensive rating, more points per game, less points game game allowed, higher FG%, lower FG% allowed, higher 3 pt%, lower 3 pt% allowed, higher point differential, lower turn over rate, more forced turn overs than the Bulls.

Atlanta >>> Chicago

You guys are playing at your best. We still have chemistry issues to sort out and Rose will start to give a shit in the playoffs. Right now, he is just turning up for matchups like Wall or Irving.

Enjoy your time now, I will remind you of this in the playoffs

Atlanta >>> Chicago
    Peaking too soon. Fizzle out imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    You guys are playing at your best. We still have chemistry issues to sort out and Rose will start to give a shit in the playoffs. Right now, he is just turning up for matchups like Wall or Irving.

Enjoy your time now, I will remind you of this in the playoffs
    Nah, they're just this good. Gotta learn to live with it.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Atlanta >>> Chicago
    Does this guy have some sort of alarm that goes off anytime Atlanta is mentioned??? Never seen someone get on the defensive so quick after someone doesn't rate his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    Does this guy have some sort of alarm that goes off anytime Atlanta is mentioned??? Never seen someone get on the defensive so quick after someone doesn't rate his team.

LOL

So? I'm posting facts making sure why people understand why I believe the Hawks are so good. Does that really bother you that much? Very weird for that to bother you.

Banned

LMAO

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

So? I'm posting facts making sure why people understand why I believe the Hawks are so good. Does that really bother you that much? Very weird for that to bother you.
    It doesn't bother me, if anything I commend you for your efforts. You have a clear goal in making sure the Hawks are relevant and respected and it seems you will stop at nothing to achieve your goal.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Post of the week dude. I sometimes wonder the same thing. He may have like 5 or 6 cut and paste scenarios about why hawks are better than each team. He says the same thing about the bulls, same thing about the wizards, same thing about the raptors...**** this dude is a robot.

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    Post of the week dude. I sometimes wonder the same thing. He may have like 5 or 6 cut and paste scenarios about why hawks are better than each team. He says the same thing about the bulls, same thing about the wizards, same thing about the raptors...**** this dude is a robot.
    I don't understand why you'd be mad I'm using factual information to back my side. Are you just mad because you can't prove what I'm saying wrong?