Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Who should Pistons draft in 2013 NBA Draft?

If so, you'd probalby have to deal Knight. That's the only piece they'd probably want from us for Gay.

Maybe Knight and Stuckey for Gay(adds 6 mil to cap, leaving about 14)

Amnesty Charlie V(takes you to 22-23 mil in cap space)

Sign Iggy for 4/56(that's what its going to cost it seems)

Use the rest to sign Calderon and Bynum(or someone similar), filling out an otherwise empty PG position.

Probably add a vet min C a la Jason Collins

Calderon Bynum Siva
    Iggy KCP English
    Gay Middleton/Singler
    Monroe Jerebko Mitchell
    Drummond Kratsov/Collins

I've been reading for 3 days now that the Pistons "end game" seems to be a new starting PG/SG/SF. They've shown interest in trading and/or signing a player at each position.

We've been linked to trading for Rondo. I just read that if Calderon leaves we'd be interested in Jarrett Jack (I'd much rather have Jack than Calderon). Also heard we have some interest in Chauncey Billups as well. That's PG.

We had a meeting supposedly set up with O.J. Mayo, which obviously looks like it won't be happening now. Met with Tyreke Evans as well, he's obviously going to be in New Orleans or Sacramento now. Andre Iguodala is still our #2 target behind Smith. That's SG.

We were at Smith's door at 12:01, so he's our top target. Iggy can play SF or SG, and he's our #2 target. Tried to trade for Rudy Gay. That's SF.

I read on Monday that our master plan was to sign Smith AND Iguodala, then trade for Rondo. One of the signings would have had to be a sign-and-trade but I heard that's the ultimate goal.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out but to be honest, I'm not very optimistic about any of those players coming here at the end of the day. I still think Smith goes to Houston, Iggy stays in Denver, Boston keeps Rondo, Raptors keep Gay. With Evans and Mayo all but off the market, that leaves us with pretty much nothing, maybe Jarrett Jack if he wants to be a starter which Golden State can't offer him. Even J.R. Smith and Kevin Martin are gone (not that I wanted anything to do with either one, I'm glad they are off the market so we can't use them as plan B's if the above doesn't work out).

NBA lottery pick

I'd be suprised if Boston traded Rondo already.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

If we can get Rondo and keep Monroe and Drummond,

We are laughing.

And then if we can sign one of Smith / Iggy / trade for gay too...

Wow...

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    If we can get Rondo and keep Monroe and Drummond,

We are laughing.

And then if we can sign one of Smith / Iggy / trade for gay too...

Wow...
    I don't see how that roster could even stay together for more than a few seasons. Drummond and Monroe are going to need to be paid at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I don't see how that roster could even stay together for more than a few seasons. Drummond and Monroe are going to need to be paid at some point.
    You do raise a good point...

Hmm...

Maybe we would be better off just with a SF and developing the young potential we already have

Decent college freshman

I'd be suprised if Boston traded Rondo already.
    They really need to now with the STevens hire IMO. Here's a good breakdown.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff...an/post?id=148

Decent college freshman

Cool idea I saw on another board. SO, the Lakers have been resistent to sign and trading Dwight. However, the Warriors are a team he really likes, so maybe we could help facilitate the move. They were said to be offering Bogut and Barnes(or Thompson), but to sign him outright, they'd have to dump Biedrins or Jefferson too.

So maybe something like Kyle Singler(another shooter to help fill out their roster and so its not just a nothing for all trade) for Bogut,Biedrins and Barnes.

You amnesty Charlie V and sign a PG and fill out the roster with 1 year deal types. You then either have a ton of money for next year's class or you can use the expiring deals to make more moves.

Either way, you have a young core of Knight,KCP,Barnes,Monroe,Drummond with no major cap comitments going forward.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Cool idea I saw on another board. SO, the Lakers have been resistent to sign and trading Dwight. However, the Warriors are a team he really likes, so maybe we could help facilitate the move. They were said to be offering Bogut and Barnes(or Thompson), but to sign him outright, they'd have to dump Biedrins or Jefferson too.

So maybe something like Kyle Singler(another shooter to help fill out their roster and so its not just a nothing for all trade) for Bogut,Biedrins and Barnes.

You amnesty Charlie V and sign a PG and fill out the roster with 1 year deal types. You then either have a ton of money for next year's class or you can use the expiring deals to make more moves.

Either way, you have a young core of Knight,KCP,Barnes,Monroe,Drummond with no major cap comitments going forward.
    Very interesting. I'd love to have Barnes. He was one of the guys I was interested in drafting last year. Bogut when healthy is a beast. I wouldn't want him to hinder Drummonds development though. Maybe he could eventually be flipped for another player at the guard position too.

Decent college freshman

Very interesting. I'd love to have Barnes. He was one of the guys I was interested in drafting last year. Bogut when healthy is a beast. I wouldn't want him to hinder Drummonds development though. Maybe he could eventually be flipped for another player at the guard position too.
    Yah, Bogut is just an expiring in this exercise. I'd try to flip him for something like Perkins and Lamb maybe. Perkins is expensive, but I'd take on an extra year of him to get Lamb. That'd be a sick wing trio with lots of length and shooting to complement our bigs. Perkisn would actually be a pretty ideal backup too.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Yah, Bogut is just an expiring in this exercise. I'd try to flip him for something like Perkins and Lamb maybe. Perkins is expensive, but I'd take on an extra year of him to get Lamb. That'd be a sick wing trio with lots of length and shooting to complement our bigs. Perkisn would actually be a pretty ideal backup too.
    I would love to have Lamb. I think OKC would have a hard time trading him, although having Bogut would really make them the favorites (if healthy). I said it before but I think Lamb would have been the 1st SG taken in this draft. The kid is talented, he just hasn't had a chance yet.

If we could add Barnes into our young core. Knight / KCP / Barnes / Monroe / Drummond... I would be extremely happy to watch these guys and this team develop.,.
    Last edited by Aussie Dunker; 07-04-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Decent college freshman

I would love to have Lamb. I think OKC would have a hard time trading him, although having Bogut would really make them the favorites (if healthy). I said it before but I think Lamb would have been the 1st SG taken in this draft. The kid is talented, he just hasn't had a chance yet.
    Agree that Lamb would be a tough sell, but they get out from a year of Perkins' deal, they upgrade on him for the first year and Bogut is a nice bridge to Adams.

If we get Lamb - surely one of KCP or Lamb will be a high level starting SG...

My thoughts - Lamb has a higher ceiling, more natual talent,

KCP seems like he has a great head on his shoulders and a great desire to be something in this league.

Both would be handy... Both can also play some SF if we need a stretch of small ball. Which I personally hate...

Well, I read that 4 teams have called trying to do a deal with Golden State. I wonder if we are one of those teams. I would love to add Barnes as well and could see us definitely being able to flip Bogut for something to a team that needs a Center.

I'm not nearly as high on Lamb as most people though so that wouldn't be my ideal trade, plus I want nothing to do with Perkins. But I'm sure something could be worked out for Bogut if we acquired him.