Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Is Derrick Rose even a Top 10 PG anymore?

While it may be fun for conversation sakes to rank the top 10 PG's currently, no one will remember the list.

People will remember what these PG's do in the playoffs. Rose is pacing himself while trying to rediscover his game. Not an easy process. Bulls are struggling and also have some injuries but Rose has been special the last few games making you wonder if he's finally returning to form.

Derrick Rose's regular season will be a success if he makes it through without a major injury.

Rose can rise to the top of PG ratings with a big postseason. We'll see.

I've seen Derrick dominate an NBA season, at a very young age, to the point of not just being the league's best PG ... but being league MVP.

Why do I care post 2x knee injuries Derrick being ranked a "top ten PG" or not in January? I think he, his coach, management, and knowledgeable Bulls fans understand this too.

I want to see this dude dominate from April until June. That's the only proving ground he has left on his resume as an individual. I want to see him take his game to another level during the intensity of the playoffs.

Where legends are born.

These current top 10 lists are stupid.

obviously it's fluid situation.

Lower half maybe.

Playoffs is where it counts.

Quite honestly, from what I've seen this year, Brooks is the team's best PG (though Rose has impressed me as of late).

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Quite honestly, from what I've seen this year, Brooks is the team's best PG (though Rose has impressed me as of late).
    Rose has played well against the top 10 guards as he always has. Brooks is a back up (probably top 3 in game) playing weaker guards most of the time. Not sure you can compare, but the drop off is minimal for the bulls.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

First action back from being hurt w two serious injuries for the last two seasons and people are worried if he's "top 10"? It's not even the all star break of his first season back. You think that you can miss two years of basketball and just magically come back and be the same player you were instantly? It takes time. I would be willing to bet that he'll be playing his best come playoff time. He's had some bad games but he's also had some really good games. Give him a break he's not a machine.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Rose is a very good top 20 point guard.

He is not, but he has the potential to be a top-5 player in the league. We need to see what he does in the playoffs before we include him in lists.